Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 36702 times)

kev

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2 2008
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »

I went to buy a couple blanking plugs for the 02 sensors on my deuce for 16 pounds saw an se Springer and bought it on the spot only thing is to afford it I had to part ex the deuce  :) :) :(

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2008, 11:15:21 AM »

I first ran into this bike in 2001 while in Milwaukee for a dog show with my wife. Our hotel was next to a Harley dealer and I dropped in to see what was new. Sitting on the show floor was this red bike with a tan seat. I fell in love immediately! Didn't know a wide glide from a wide load and had no idea what a CVO was. Over the past 7 years I have watched these beauties on the web both on ebay and other bike selling sites. 6 years ago I gave my wife a 5 year warning that I was going to buy a Harley and finally in June, the stars aligned and I found this bike in the Chicago area.

The first owner had it for 950 miles and put $5k in the motor. It's now a Screaming Eagle 95 with a very nice cam.

The second owner had it for 3,300 miles and added chrome almost everywhere.

The final negotiations leading up to the big purchase included the purchase of a scoot (S50 Suzuki cruiser) for my wife as well. This is the second time in our 26 years of marriage this has happened. 25 years ago it was a 400cc Yamaha Maxim for her so I could get a 650cc Yamaha Maxim. This time it cost me a bit more, although maybe not if you figure in the time value of money (anything to justify the toys).

My first t-shirt purchase had "Harley Davidson - life begins when you own one" on the front. Not too far off the mark although it should probably read "Harley Davidson - life begins when it owns you"

screwup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC 3
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »

:pepper: Bought a 01 Red Ultra in 01 got a bushtex Roadstar painted to match.  During 07 we had talked about possibly getting a new one.  She liked the 08 Red Ultra, however we on the way to Bikes BLues and BarBeQue in Fayetteville Ar stopped at dealer in Joplin she saw the 08 White and Silver SE Ultra stated she liked that bike tried to buy it but dealer would not sell. 
Jan ordered the White and Silver Ultra, had to get trailer painted to match.  but Mommy is happy.

north rider

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »

Rode for over 10 years on metric, still own a 2000 Valkyrie. Always wanted a HD, and felt I could not afford(found out I was right ;D)
Rode with friends this past summer and one couple was riding a Ultra Classic, the bug bit again :nervous:
Decided new was not in the cards, and after investigating I realized that a CVO bike it had to be :P
I would have been killed by the (BOSS) if i bought a regular HD and started to change it with upgrades before we got home :-\
Saw a picture of a 2006 SEUC and liked the looks,especially the fawn beige color, found one on the internet, called the owner in Michigan,flew from Alberta with the wife and a ONE WAY ticket, not sure what we would of done if we did not buy :-*
Loved it, bought it, drove it back, over 2500 miles in 6 days, through 6? states
bike had 3500 miles and now just over 7000 miles, last ride ( I think  ??? for 2008) was Nov. 03 not bad for this part of the country
Really like the bike MORE than I think I would have if I got a newer one and had some of the issues I am reading about :nervous:
Enjoy this site and the info. I get from it

Wusaah

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2005 Yellow/Silver 103 CI- BANANA
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »

The wife and I out scootin around on our Ultra with some of our regular crew, stopped for fuel and there sat this "Freakin' Yella"  :bananarock:. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, waited for the owners to come out and grilled them on it, and the missus and I both fell in love. My buds could not believe that I liked a YELLOW scooter. I went for 2 years just kinda watching for 1, no luck. Then in April I was out at Talledega, stopped by the local dealership (Mt Cheaha Harley Davidson)  and there was a  :bananarock: sitting on the floor. It was the owners personal bike, low miles, was mildly built, had some "extras" on it so I called the wife. I drooled and talked and drooled some more. He would not come off the price (26+) and I kept thinking that I didn't want the payments and I have a scooter I LOVE. The wife said buy it, but I hesitated. I got the guys card, flew back to VA and the wife kept nagging about how long we had been looking, there it is, low miles and she would go to work to make the payment if really necessary (yeah right). My buds were all ragging on me about how bad I have wanted that particular bike (no other CVO color even interested me). So the next day I called the guy to buy the bike and his exact words were..."son if you snooze you loose, I sold that bike the same day". I was crushed and swore I would not let another one go by. Well in August I had to go to my birth home, Indiana, and was checking out chopper exchange for the first time and found "my scooter" about an hour away from my mom's place. The dude that owned it (formerly a CVO website member) said it had been for sale since April and he still had it. I went the next morning, took it for a ride, called the wife, and she said give the man the money and bring "our scooter" home. Now my buds love the color also and they don't mind parkin their hides on it to take it for a cruise every now and again and they are jealous of the power. We kept our Ultra for traveling due to pulling our Bushtec and use the  :bananarock: as our "bar hopper".

Rob  :bananarock:
I love "turning gas into noise" every chance I get!!

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »

Awesome stories everyone, glad to have you as members of our "family"...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »

I had run into some financial difficulties and had to sell my bike, a 98 kaw 1500 classic.  I took a job as a contractor doing aviation maintenance in afghanistan and promised myself that if I completed my year contract that I would buy a softail custom and accessorize it.  At the end of my contract I decided to stay a couple of extra months to pay for all the extras I wanted on the bike. Well, a couple of months turned out to be another year and two months.  Originally I bought the softail custom through the military AAFES program and had it paid for.  Then I saw the 2008 CVO bikes and fell in love with the springer in 105th colors.  AAFES couldn't fill special orders so they refunded my $$$ amd when I got back to the states I went over to Bumpus H-D in Jackson TN just to look.  Just happen that they were getting one within the week so I paid cash for it.  I think they were alittle shocked but very happy and have always treated me as if I were special.  I bought the service manuals and have done my own maintenance.  Switched to Mobil 1 20W50 at first oil change as that seemed to be a popular choice on the forum.  Picked the bike up end of march 08 and just passed 5000 miles.  No leaks so far and runs great. Thinking of going to the vance & hines big radius with fuel pack.  Do you think I should still have it dynoed?  Any opinions are welcome.
Jesus is Lord

mavricktoo

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »

Well. I WON my 2008 Springer Softail Screaming Eagle with a $20.00 ticket, actually two tickets. It is the CVO model in Inferno Orange. Our local chapter of the Blue Knights was having their yearly raffle and two guys that I work with are members.  I bought a ticket from each and got the call a few weeks ago. My initial reatction when the guy called was that one fof the guys from work had put the caller up to it and I the recipient of a practical joke.  It took a while but I finally came to the realization that it was not a joke and I acutally had won the bike.  I felt like I won the lottery. I soon took a MC rider safety class, got my license and have only had a chance to ride it a couple of times due to the weather in New Jersey being typically Fall like.  Rain, wet leaves and cold, but I hope to have a few days left before sshe gets put away in the garage for the winter.   
DAVE
PP-ASEL Private Pilot

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »

Well. I WON my 2008 Springer Softail Screaming Eagle with a $20.00 ticket, actually two tickets. It is the CVO model in Inferno Orange. Our local chapter of the Blue Knights was having their yearly raffle and two guys that I work with are members.  I bought a ticket from each and got the call a few weeks ago. My initial reatction when the guy called was that one fof the guys from work had put the caller up to it and I the recipient of a practical joke.  It took a while but I finally came to the realization that it was not a joke and I acutally had won the bike.  I felt like I won the lottery. I soon took a MC rider safety class, got my license and have only had a chance to ride it a couple of times due to the weather in New Jersey being typically Fall like.  Rain, wet leaves and cold, but I hope to have a few days left before sshe gets put away in the garage for the winter.   
Very cool, Mavaricktoo.  I've always wanted to actually hear from one of the raffle bike winners.  And welcome aboard for your 1st post.  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2008, 08:03:19 PM »

That's so awesome, congrats! The inferno orange is beautiful. Enjoy your new scoot!
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

mavricktoo

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2008, 08:10:35 PM »

Thanks Spyder.  I'm new to the motorcycle thing and will definitely post more down the road.  Thanks again for the welcome to the board post.
DAVE
PP-ASEL Private Pilot

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2008, 09:19:46 PM »

Very cool stories. Would be great to win one of these things - that's like a 70% discount after taxes I would assume! Enjoy riding your prize! As for dlaws01 - cool you had the drive and stamina to set a goal like that and reach it!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »

Congrats on winning your CVO, and welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: When you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVO Driver

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 09
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2008, 12:23:37 PM »

It all started with my 06 Heritage and a trip to Sturgis in 08.  I bored my Heritage out to 105 HP and 105 Torque and put a lot of accessories into the bike.  Big $$$$$'s.  See picture.  After doing the Yellow Stone loop and riding back to Cody, WY (600 miles) in one day, my wife decided she wanted more comfort.  This got me thinking about the Ultra.  Interestingly enough, my HD dealer told me when I bought my first bike many years ago that I would end up with an Ultra.  Says everyone does.  I said no way, not me.  Well, three HD's later and I own a 09 FLHTCUSE4.  Go figure.  i decided if I was going to own a Ulra, I was going to get one already chromed out and a big motor.  Called local dealer and found out these bikes are scarce in South East.  Turns out though they had a Blue Fish coming in the following month.  The rest is history. :bananarock:

Wish I could have one won too!

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

I've previously never owned an HD.  Never bought a new bike or car.  Have owned many used metric bikes since I was youngster.  Been making a visit to the local HD dealership for many years now sittin on em and pricing em.  Believe it or not I never found the right fit for the price.  Sure I've loved the look of the bikes for years now but when I sit on one and look at the price I could never find the bike that fit me.

Then comes along the '08 Fat Bob.  I sat on it and fell in love instantly without even seeing the price tag.  I had to have it.  Started researching the Fat Bob and decided I would have the '08 Black Denim.  Local dealer didn't have the color and we couldn't find one anywhere. 

The '09 models were about to come out so I cooled my heels to see if the Black Denim would be offered for the '09 Fat Bob.  The day HD released the 09' line up I went to the dealer to put a deposit on one.  Of course, the Black Denim was not being shipped to my dealer anytime soon.  So the sales manager started trying to find my new bike.  Every day or so I would go into the dealership to see if they had found my bike.  No luck.  Looks like I was going to have to put a deposit down on a different color. 

On the day I was about to put a deposit down on the Black Pearl bike, another salesman walked into the room and said "Hey, you guys seen the '09 CVO lineup"?  He handed me the '09 CVO brochure he had just gotten.  Well you know how it goes from here.  I went home and researched to CVO Fat Bob and slept on it.  Went in the next morning and put a deposit on it.  I had my heart set on the Black/Fire.  Luck turns out that my dealer was going to be one of the first ones to take delivery on my bike. 

I'm so glad how it all turned out.  I had been cooling my heels for at least 2 months trying to find a '08 or '09 Black Denim Fat Bob.  Looked as though it was not going to happen.  Luck, karma, destiny.... I don't know.  I do know, I sure am proud of my new ride   :bananarock:.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 25 queries.