Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Long time lurker, first time poster  (Read 20170 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Long time lurker, first time poster
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2008, 09:42:44 PM »

Hah, just thought of something.  The guys own words did him in.  Words about the 110.  In the context of this site and the 110 problem machines we just saw some wanker truly "Hoist" by his own petard!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »

;D :D ;D :D ;D

This place is funny! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2008, 09:46:38 PM »

It's all just too funny.  :)

:indian_chief:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2008, 09:47:01 PM »

I started reading this site on a customer recommendation and have been checking it daily for about 6 months or so.  I work for a dealership (5 + years in) and am hoping that I can provide some unbiased info and opinions on issues or concerns.  I am well versed in warranty, service and performance and more than willing to throw in my 2 cents on just about any topic.  Feel free to fire questions at me any time.

I feel these are some of the best forums going, keep up the good work.

-CTL

" . . . . But if they get too tough I might leave." :nixweiss: :confused5: :o

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2008, 09:47:33 PM »

Yea, but he said he's been reading everyday for six months.  :nixweiss: I think he got found out and decided to leave before it got busted wide open.

I don't know Chief, I think he might have felt I was disrespecting him. While he probably has been reading for six months, I'll wager he mostly read threads about tech issues and didn't spend any time on all the other bullchit we toss around the site. He's probably a really good tech where he works and has a bit of an ego which is fine with me as I would too if I was really good at anything besides winding people's clocks. Some people don't joke around well. Take that and add the anonyminity of cyberspace and he picked up his tools and left. Sorry for whatever part I played in it.

B B

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 09:52:20 PM »

I don't know Chief, I think he might have felt I was disrespecting him. While he probably has been reading for six months, I'll wager he mostly read threads about tech issues and didn't spend any time on all the other bullchit we toss around the site. He's probably a really good tech where he works and has a bit of an ego which is fine with me as I would too if I was really good at anything besides winding people's clocks. Some people don't joke around well. Take that and add the anonyminity of cyberspace and he picked up his tools and left. Sorry for whatever part I played in it.

B B

He just went away without any type of a fight or argument. I saw it more of something like "Oh chit. Now what? I better get out of here before it gets any worse."

He never tried to get in a last parting shot or anything I would have expected from someone who got their feelings hurt. It kind of seems like he was told to bail by a boss or other superior that was in on the plan.  :nixweiss: "You're cover is blown! Get outta there before you get killed!!!"  :)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »

oh what a tangled web we weave

Oliver Stone where are you when we need you

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »

If he's legit, I'll take the bullet. I asked about the engines to start it off. But he offered. And I thought I was being nice. ::)

Hell of an intro thread. Too bad. He seemed to know his chit. It's always good to have another gearhead here. Oh well. Wadda ya gonna do? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »

B B

Brian, I really don't think anyone injured him.  His injury was self inflicted when he realized he'd written something foolish and indefensible that simply didn't pass the sniff test.  That his own words then put him in a box made it easier to duck out the bottom like a magician escaping in to the night rather than the stand up guy willing to face fair questions he presented/pretended himself to be.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2008, 09:58:41 PM »

Brian, I really don't think anyone injured him.  His injury was self inflicted when he realized he'd written something foolish and indefensible that simply didn't pass the sniff test.  That his own words then put him in a box made it easier to duck out the bottom like a magician escaping in to the night rather than the stand up guy willing to face fair questions he presented/pretended himself to be.

I think he would be a great asset here. Hopefully he'll re-up and man up. I'd like to see him return.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2008, 09:59:06 PM »

He just went away without any type of a fight or argument. I saw it more of something like "Oh chit. Now what? I better get out of here before it gets any worse."

He never tried to get in a last parting shot or anything I would have expected from someone who got their feelings hurt. It kind of seems like he was told to bail by a boss or other superior that was in on the plan.  :nixweiss: "You're cover is blown! Get outta there before you get killed!!!"  :)

When the emperor is seen to have no clothes it's hard to suddenly proclaim "I am HD and I can not be bare assed" (insert deep resonant organ music here to unsettle the audience).

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2008, 10:00:34 PM »

When the emperor is seen to have no clothes it's hard to suddenly proclaim "I am HD and I can not be bare assed" (insert deep resonant organ music here to unsettle the audience).

I'll have you know I like organ music.

Especially the kind with the tulips  :o

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2008, 10:01:12 PM »

I think he would be a great asset here. Hopefully he'll re-up and man up. I'd like to see him return.

Personally doubt it.  We've obviously poked fun at the circumstance since he left.  Before he did, however, he'd not been treated badly.  In fact with relatively kid gloves.  He must have wanted an unquestioning audience to which to proclaim.  We're not that crowd.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2008, 10:03:15 PM »

Hey Scott?  Different contenders.  But is this the kind thread you were asking about :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: ?

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »

I almost wish the very nice folks that do work for the HD shops would just share their experience from their own perspective and not even try to fend off all the attacks that will come their way.

Jamey just said to me when I tried to explain to him what was going on -----
Nice people aren't they"
 If they don't like what you post they can delete you entirely or run you off with attacks.
I really think you are nice people and it seems in the Introduction Thread ---- should never be the place to attack someone.

My Humble Opinion Only of course..............

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.