Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: More Super Sert ???  (Read 4963 times)

BK

• Senior CVO Member
More Super Sert ???
« on: July 13, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »

Has any one figured out how to use .MT6 maps with the Super Sert?

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
Re: More Super Sert ???
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 01:01:09 PM »

Copy and paste.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »

Great news and how do I open them to do that?

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »

The only way to open SERT files is with SERT software or TTS software. You would need both the SuperTune software and the SERT software and open one in each window then copy and paste.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »

WAY OVER MY HEAD  :nixweiss: :confused5:

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 11:38:06 PM »

WAY OVER MY HEAD  :nixweiss: :confused5:

Click this link and download the file in that post ... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=22754.msg367778#msg367778

That file needs to be unzipped and installed.  It is SERT version 4.77.  That will allow you to open the the .mt6 map.  Once open go to "File" and then "Print All Tables".  This will print out the entire .mt6 Map for you.

After you have the map printed open the super tuner program.  And one at a time enter in all the data from the printed sheets in to a map that matches your bike.  Here is some super tuner help here .... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=23027.0

Save the new map after you copy all the data.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »

Springer, Thank you. That is some real good info and a good start for me.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 08:01:33 AM »

Downloaded okay and without the SERT software it will not allow me to install-so does anyone have a link for that original application SERT software? I have a version of Super Tuner and have not been able to downlad updates for it-got the original download from a post. Appreciate any thoughts

Thank you and Ride Safe! :coolblue:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:20:16 AM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 08:39:57 AM »

Downloaded okay and without the SERT software it will not allow me to install-so does anyone have a link for that original application SERT software? I have a version of Super Tuner and have not been able to downlad updates for it-got the original download from a post. Appreciate any thoughts

Thank you and Ride Safe! :coolblue:

Resolved turns out Vista security was preventing the download-update. All is complete and the flash worked. Result is 100% improvement in ride quality with the map chosen-dyno is August 1 for final.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 08:36:44 AM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:45:46 AM »

Click this link and download the file in that post ... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=22754.msg367778#msg367778

That file needs to be unzipped and installed.  It is SERT version 4.77.  That will allow you to open the the .mt6 map.  Once open go to "File" and then "Print All Tables".  This will print out the entire .mt6 Map for you.

After you have the map printed open the super tuner program.  And one at a time enter in all the data from the printed sheets in to a map that matches your bike.  Here is some super tuner help here .... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=23027.0

Save the new map after you copy all the data.

Springer, this worked so far. I did figure out that you can cut and paste between the SERT and Super SERT. That saved allot of time after I hand jammed half of it. I do have a question on the VE tables. On your example and the  old sert software the table is 0, 2, 5, 7 10 and so on. on mine it is 0, 2.3, 5.0, 7.3, 10.0 and so on. How much will this affect the cut and paste if any?

I will not be back in town to try the download until next week. Hopefully it will work.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »

Springer, this worked so far. I did figure out that you can cut and paste between the SERT and Super SERT. That saved allot of time after I hand jammed half of it. I do have a question on the VE tables. On your example and the  old sert software the table is 0, 2, 5, 7 10 and so on. on mine it is 0, 2.3, 5.0, 7.3, 10.0 and so on. How much will this affect the cut and paste if any?

I will not be back in town to try the download until next week. Hopefully it will work.

BK
The 2.3 throttle position and the 7.3 throttle position % are actually what we see as we do a 2% run and a 7% run....the TP in the software shows 2.3% instead of 2.0% and so on so Harley just labled as 2.3 and 7.3....it won't hurt anything in what your doing.
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »

The map cells can be cut an pasted but you must be careful to pay attention to the different columns and rows.  For example 1 map might have 4500 RPM, 5000 RPM, 5500 RPM, 6000 RPM and the next map may be 4500, 5000, 6000 and skip the 5500 RPM.  Also some maps have 80kPa, 90kPa, 100kPa and another might have 80, 90, 95, 100kPa.  Also some maps start at 0% throttle position and then have 2, 5, 7 etc. while another may have 1,3,5,7 etc. It is ok to copy the 1 column to the 0 column etc but beware that it is different.

The reason I suggested printing the maps is it gives you 14 pages of maps and there is no mistake what you have to track down and change.  When it is easy to copy and paste it is also easy to overlook all the other tables that need to be done as well.  It isn't just the AFR/VE/Timing.  The printout will make anyone aware of that.

Also when picking a map to work with in the Super Tuner be sure you have updated the software to the most recent.  They fix some maps that have bad configurations in them, like wrong injector sizes and other stuff.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 06:02:50 PM by springer- »

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »

Thank you, Yes I did print it out first and used them as a guide and to double check. Can't wait to try it.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »

I loaded the map and i thought all was good until the check engine light came on. The fault I am getting is P1477 EXHAUST ACTUATOR LOW/OPEN. I double checked all of the settings. Bike ran smooth except for the engine light. So I put the canned map back on bike runs a little rough and rich but engine light. Looks like I will be having it tuned. Any Ideas :nixweiss:

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 06:19:32 PM »

I loaded the map and i thought all was good until the check engine light came on. The fault I am getting is P1477 EXHAUST ACTUATOR LOW/OPEN. I double checked all of the settings. Bike ran smooth except for the engine light. So I put the canned map back on bike runs a little rough and rich but engine light. Looks like I will be having it tuned. Any Ideas :nixweiss:

What's the map you started with?  I took a guess and looked at 141NR004.  You didn't turn on active exhaust did you, in the tuning setup?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.