Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: What's new for 2010?  (Read 18016 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
What's new for 2010?
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:17:18 PM »

It had to start sometime......  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

SEUC4 has to end that model series.  Anyone else think the new trike gets a first year to get its legs underneath it and then gets CVO'd next year to get it past the sophomore jinx with the CVO buzz?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: What's new for 2010?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 11:21:48 PM »

SEUC4 has to end that model series.  Anyone else think the new trike gets a first year to get its legs underneath it and then gets CVO'd next year to get it past the sophomore jinx with the CVO buzz?

I imagine for sure the SERG will get the lowers and a tour pack for starters.  No on the SE trike but there may be a FLHX CVO :nixweiss:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »

1) 3rd year for the Springer :shocked2:, what makes you think there won't be a 5th year for the SEUC?

2) SERG4 with real bird and shark fins to replace the bag and fender skirts.

3) Sissy Bo . . . . uh, I mean, Fat Bob wil return (I guess).

4) Hmmm . . . . keep thinkin' there's gotta be a CVO Sportster sometime, maybe next year to replace the Springer. :nixweiss:

CVO Trike will have to wait for all of us to get another 10-20 years older before it makes sense, so I don't think that one's happening.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:29:23 PM »

I imagine for sure the SERG will get the lowers and a tour pack for starters.  No on the SE trike but there may be a FLHX CVO :nixweiss:

I'd bet against good odds the SERG will get a chopped tour pak.  Less sangine about the lowers though.  They're fighting heat everywhere they can.  Unless we see radiators also I'd expect lowers to be on as few bikes as possible as part of the overall mission to meet EPA requirements.

Also not sure about a SESG and SERG at the same time next year.  They've gotten accustomed to having a full blown high dollar touring model in the line.  They've beat the SEUC to death.  The trike doesn't seem an outlandish next step.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:13:26 AM »

They're fighting heat everywhere they can.  Unless we see radiators also I'd expect lowers to be on as few bikes as possible as part of the overall mission to meet EPA requirements.

...water cooled and shark fins for sure, after that a more complete bike like the original 00 and 01's.  Doc

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:21 AM »

I was really surpised not to see the Rocker in the CVO lineup this year since it replaced the Duece. IMO the CVO Duece has always been a sharp bike so why not try the full blown custom look with the Rocker.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:36:16 AM »

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 12:55:56 AM »

StreetGlide. Thats the one I am waiting for!

Not too long before we know. 365 days...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 01:00:55 AM »

It would be cool to get this paint on a RG.

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newbikephotogalleries/ig/2009-Harley-Davidson-CVOs/CVO-Springer-Profile.--mT.htm

Doc, I've already got in my head the notion of where the really hot SERG paint scheme will come from.  Not what it will be.  Just the circumstances that will bring it about.

Someone will get and new SE Road Glide.  Someone without familiarity with the history of the model.  They'll see it as a standalone and think it's special.  Then later they'll notice an eight year old predecessor with miles on it and think to themselves "son of a bi*ch, that's what this was supposed to be." 

It'll bug the hell out of them.  They'll strip it and paint it.  If they do as well with updating a paint scheme as Chuck did with his that kind of a circumstance will be where we'll finally see what a SERG3 should have actually looked like.

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 01:29:39 AM »

You say that they've beat the SEUC to death and I understand your reasons for saying that but I for one hope that a new SEUC is available for my next purchase. I probably won't be in the market for another bike for a couple of years so it doesn't matter that much to me right now. I absolutely love some of the other models, namely some that you (Don) personally own. They're beautiful and I appreciate them very much! But I can't say that I would purchase one. I ride two up 98% of the time and most of that are long trips and often include camping. Since I'm partial to the CVO bikes now, be it this site, the friends from this site, or the bike itself, the SEUC is the only model I see myself owning. It fits my functional needs. I get excited about the other models along with the rest of you but I guess it might be for different reasons.

Bret
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 01:35:33 AM »

You say that they've beat the SEUC to death and I understand your reasons for saying that but I for one hope that a new SEUC is available for my next purchase. I probably won't be in the market for another bike for a couple of years so it doesn't matter that much to me right now. I absolutely love some of the other models, namely some that you (Don) personally own. They're beautiful and I appreciate them very much! But I can't say that I would purchase one. I ride two up 98% of the time and most of that are long trips and often include camping. Since I'm partial to the CVO bikes now, be it this site, the friends from this site, or the bike itself, the SEUC is the only model I see myself owning. It fits my functional needs. I get excited about the other models along with the rest of you but I guess it might be for different reasons.

Bret

I completely agree with you on how the bikes are used and enjoyed Bret.  I'd be up the proverbial creek if it were some year I needed a new bike and nothing full grown from the touring line was there to catch my eye.

When I was suggesting they'd beat the SEUC to its end I was thinking about it from a standpoint of product differentiation.  Aside from paint they've just run out of ways to make it different after four years.  They might just keep right on going.  Make it a foundation piece in the CVO line.  Just seems to me that a static model within a model line that is supposed to represent their cutting edge is unlikely to continue.  But hey, I was surprised when they did the SEUC3 too :drink: .

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 02:02:02 AM »

I completely agree with you on how the bikes are used and enjoyed Bret.  I'd be up the proverbial creek if it were some year I needed a new bike and nothing full grown from the touring line was there to catch my eye.

When I was suggesting they'd beat the SEUC to its end I was thinking about it from a standpoint of product differentiation.  Aside from paint they've just run out of ways to make it different after four years.  They might just keep right on going.  Make it a foundation piece in the CVO line.  Just seems to me that a static model within a model line that is supposed to represent their cutting edge is unlikely to continue.  But hey, I was surprised when they did the SEUC3 too :drink: .
Oh I understand where you were coming from and I won't argue with any of your points. And since I'm not in the market for a new bike right now it's a mute point except for the fact that I want to see innovation from the moco.
On a different note for the 2010's besides a different power plant I would like to see a better electronics package. I think about the bucks they've missed out on or cost us because of an inferior GPS. I would like to see a fully integrated bluetooth package and a USB port too. I never even think about CD's anymore. I hope they've solved the wobble issue with the new frame and also the uncomfortable butt burner seat problem with the 2009 models. Safety and comfort issues shouldn't exist on a first class touring model.

Bret
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:15 AM »

... I would like to see a fully integrated bluetooth package and a USB port too. I never even think about CD's anymore. ...

Bret

They have made the BT obsolete as of last month and there is listed in the "new" parts section as of yet. USB would be real nice!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 06:29:39 AM »

Someone ought to go back and do the Rumor to Truth ratio for the '09's... 

I was pondering this last night, the trike came to fruition, the exhaust under the back of the frame - was wondering what else was true for the 2009's that was speculated in the threads.

This being all new to me, it was fun to watch all the speculation for the new models.

Sean

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 06:57:38 AM »

...water cooled and shark fins for sure, after that a more complete bike like the original 00 and 01's.  Doc
How about the post regarding the EPA application for the liquid-cooled 131? Build that into a CVO TRIKE and you could take the bridge to Hawaii!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.