Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Hogtunes again  (Read 9859 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Hogtunes again
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2005, 04:20:15 PM »

Mine shipped today !!!

Striker.......are you in?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005, 07:08:06 PM »

Hey All

Nice to know takin care of any issues is appreciated. That is one MAJOR reason I left my position of 6 years as VP of sales for a large audio distribution company to take HOGTUNES full time. This happenned July 1, and I have been sooo busy rebuilding the site, that I havent cruised any tech sites

I recieved ALL the upgrades today, and already shipped to anyone who was waiting [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I will email each of you tracking info. To make sure they got on their way, I delivered them to the local Kinkos so I knew they would start travelling today

We did some testing on the upgrades whereas 40 rms watts were run into each of 6 of them using what is called "pink noise",which sounds like FM when its not on a station, but is very demanding on a speaker as it is playing all frequencies from the lowest of the lows and up. Of the 6, we did have 1 failure at 86 hours. If any of you have a 80 gallon tank, this COULD be an issue  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]-otherwise, Im feeling like we got this beat.

The delay in getting the speakers was due to a container truck drivers strike at Port of Vancouver

I would like to thanks all of those who hung by us in this trying time, and I stand by my personal word that we will always take care of any issues that may arise.

Cheers all and RIDE SAFE

CIAO 4 NOW

PEZ www.hogtunes.com and soon.........www.metrixaudio.com
If the whole world was smart, us guys with half a brain would be in real trouble!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 01:47:49 AM »

Hey All

Nice to know takin care of any issues is appreciated. That is one MAJOR reason I left my position of 6 years as VP of sales for a large audio distribution company to take HOGTUNES full time. This happenned July 1, and I have been sooo busy rebuilding the site, that I havent cruised any tech sites

I recieved ALL the upgrades today, and already shipped to anyone who was waiting [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I will email each of you tracking info. To make sure they got on their way, I delivered them to the local Kinkos so I knew they would start travelling today

We did some testing on the upgrades whereas 40 rms watts were run into each of 6 of them using what is called "pink noise",which sounds like FM when its not on a station, but is very demanding on a speaker as it is playing all frequencies from the lowest of the lows and up. Of the 6, we did have 1 failure at 86 hours. If any of you have a 80 gallon tank, this COULD be an issue  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]-otherwise, Im feeling like we got this beat.

The delay in getting the speakers was due to a container truck drivers strike at Port of Vancouver

I would like to thanks all of those who hung by us in this trying time, and I stand by my personal word that we will always take care of any issues that may arise.

Cheers all and RIDE SAFE

CIAO 4 NOW

PEZ www.hogtunes.com and soon.........www.metrixaudio.com

Pez it was unfortunate that you had such a high failure rate with this particular group.  It was our good fortune, however, that if were going to have to have a problem that we had it with you.  You've dealt as fairly as could be hoped for getting things turned around for everyone.  Thanks again.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 11:26:37 AM »

Mine are being shipped, am looking forward to putting them in.  PEZ and I have similar backgrounds in the industry, and after talking to him for 15 minutes, I think these speakers will solve alot of problems with the system.  I will post my opinion as soon as I have some miles on them. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »

Mine are shipped too! I can hardly wait. [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Can ya tell it's hotter than dog$#!!  [smiley=smilie_staub.gif] here? Too much time to read and post - hope ya'll are having a great ride where you are!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2005, 07:34:29 PM »

Mine are shipped too! I can hardly wait. [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Can ya tell it's hotter than dog$#!!  [smiley=smilie_staub.gif] here? Too much time to read and post - hope ya'll are having a great ride where you are!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Same here........103 degrees again today.  Over a hundred for the rest of the week, too!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2005, 07:42:57 PM »

It has been in the high 90's-low 100's here in Toronto since mid June!--Its fricken hot!

Ride safe (eh)

PEZ
If the whole world was smart, us guys with half a brain would be in real trouble!

bostonut

• Junior CVO Member
  • feelin satisfied
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2005, 01:11:34 PM »

I love my Hogtunes !!!!  They sound really great. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
other toys

1969 Firebird 400 conv.
1974 455 Firebird Formula
1977 CanAm
1989 20th anniv. Turbo Trans Am

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2005, 02:27:15 PM »

Got mine Friday, gonna put em in today.  Based on what everyone is saying, I am anxious to hear em. [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

2uece

• LET'S ROLL
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2005, 08:01:05 PM »

I recieved mine the other day installed them yesterday..THEY ROCK!!! Even though the first set craped the bed..I decided to stay with the Hog Tunes because of the awesome sound and killer customer service.....Thanks PEZ..I have sent some business your way
2uece
05' FLHTCSE2
01' DUECE

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2005, 12:16:30 PM »

Well Striker--did ya get em in?????

PEZ

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2005, 02:56:34 PM »

I put them in in about 15 min, a piece of cake!  I got ahead of myself and turned on the stereo without the fairing on, and they sounded terrible.  I was wondering what the heck was going on, then the light went on and I realized they had an open back and no sound chamber without the fairing.  Put the fairing on, and walla, great sound! [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=7.gif]
I haven't taken the bike out to try them in on the road, but I can tell already that they are much fuller and much more efficient.
Thanks PEZ, I will fill you in as I get a chance to put them through their paces.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2005, 08:46:22 AM »

Just installed my HogTunes on Monday. Went out last night to check them out. I am not really impressed. Music does seem to be better quality, at least on the radio. But it is not really that much louder. The MP3 doesn't appear to be any better? Anyone else have these results?
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2005, 09:39:15 AM »

Nope, I noticed a huge improvement the second I turned them on. I have recently installed them on a friends SEEG who feels the same way, Much better than stock!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2005, 11:47:02 AM »

Just installed my HogTunes on Monday. Went out last night to check them out. I am not really impressed. Music does seem to be better quality, at least on the radio. But it is not really that much louder. The MP3 doesn't appear to be any better? Anyone else have these results?

Osmacat.....you have some kind of problem.  Volumne should be considerably louder.  I was out riding with a friend this past weekend (still has the stock speakers).  His lady said that she told him to turn his stereo off because mine was drowining them out.  Now he's ordering his Hog Tunes.  My reply to him, of course, "told you to a long time ago......before you spent all that other money on that bike".  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  The funny thing about it.......I didn't know that I was drowning his stereo out......I didn't know that he had it on.

Some of the people that are on this site talking up Hog Tunes were the skeptical ones that didn't think just the speaker change could make this kind of difference.  I was one of those people, Striker was too and there were several others.......and now we're believers.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 11:49:04 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.