Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 24217 times)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2008, 07:06:11 AM »

Spoke to one woman, who passed me off to CS, who then said I'd need to speak to a supervisor. She said she'd go over and talk to that person and transfer me to them. 10 min later, VM, and no return call. Welcome to HD customer service all over again! I'd rather freeze my ass off, than do business with people like that! I NEED my HD so I put up with their BS. But I don't need Gerbing at all, and they can kiss my ass!!! And due to their handling of this the way they did, 6700 other CVO riders also now know this. Short-sighted people and the power of the internet can really hurt a business! FTG!!! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Try freedomheatedclothing.ca. I have the freedom heated liner & am very happy with it.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2008, 03:10:21 AM »

I'm kind of surprised that I don't see anyone mentioning TourMaster.  Am I missing something?  I have their heated jacket and gloves.  They work perfectly.  The jacket and gloves each come with their own controller (high,medium, low,off) and since I use both together, I only need to use one controller.  So I have an extra controller available for the unfortunate circumstance that something does happen to one of them.  I've ridden down to 28 degrees so far, and I had to turn the temp down to low.  These things heat up pretty much instantaneously...about 30 seconds to full heat.  I got the jacket vs the vest so that I can plug from the sleeves directly to the gloves.  With the vest, you have to run wires down your sleeves and that seemed like it would be a pain.  I don't know how much the Gerbing costs, but I picked up the TourMaster Synergy jacket and gloves for a total of $260.  I thought that was a pretty good deal.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2008, 04:33:15 AM »

I'm kind of surprised that I don't see anyone mentioning TourMaster.  Am I missing something?  I have their heated jacket and gloves.  They work perfectly.  The jacket and gloves each come with their own controller (high,medium, low,off) and since I use both together, I only need to use one controller.  So I have an extra controller available for the unfortunate circumstance that something does happen to one of them.  I've ridden down to 28 degrees so far, and I had to turn the temp down to low.  These things heat up pretty much instantaneously...about 30 seconds to full heat.  I got the jacket vs the vest so that I can plug from the sleeves directly to the gloves.  With the vest, you have to run wires down your sleeves and that seemed like it would be a pain.  I don't know how much the Gerbing costs, but I picked up the TourMaster Synergy jacket and gloves for a total of $260.  I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Don't know anyone with the Tourmasters but I read an article about them in one of the bike magazines last year. They tested 3 brands & Tourmaster came out on top for quality in tailoring, heat & price. The Freedom  brand that I have wasn't tested.  THE MUFFMAN

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2008, 09:42:53 AM »

What's the best outlet for the Tourmaster gear?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »

I bought mine locally at a leather store where I could go try things on and make sure I was getting the correct size for me.  They were able to beat the pricing of anything I found online, so I was happy with that.  I'm glad I did it that way, because I found that the gloves are sized extremely small.  I normally wear a large or XL in a glove.  With the TourMaster Synergy, I ended up going home with XXXL for the gloves, and they are still tighter than any of my other gloves.  Any heated gear should fit snugly, but not so much as to restrict your movement.

I was used to wearing layers and fleece sweatshirts under my leather, and sometimes layering the fleece for lower temperatures.  Now it's just a thin t-shirt, heated jacket and then the leather.  I'm much more comfortable now with the heated jacket.  I don't have to bundle up anymore.

Anyway, if my local leather store can do it for $260 for the jacket and gloves combined, I would assume the profit margin is there that you should be able to get another place to do the same.  If you happen to be in PA, I could guide you to a place to get them.  Other than that, I can't help much.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2008, 08:16:40 PM »

Thanks 1abastarsmda.  :beerchug: Does the tourmaster gear come with a mfg's. warrenty?  :deal2: :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »

TOUR MASTER’s 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Tour Master® warrants that the temperature control, heating elements and electrical
connectors of all Synergy™ heated apparel to be free from material defects in design
and manufacture under normal use for three years from your date of purchase, subject
to the conditions below:
This warranty is provided to the original end user purchasing from an authorized Tour
Master® dealer and is not transferable. Proof of purchase is required.
Tour Master® is not responsible for any failure caused by any third party product or
component, whether authorized or not.
This warranty is void if the product is not used in accordance with the product instruction
manual or if it is damaged as a result of improper installation, misuse, unauthorized
repair, modifications or an accident.
Tour Master® will, at its option, repair or replace products which meet the necessary
warranty criteria.
To obtain warranty service, contact your local authorized Tour Master® dealer.
Tour Master® is not responsible for any vehicle damage or wear and tear caused by the
use of Synergy™ electrically heated garments and its components.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »

I purchased the HD/Gerbing top, pants and gloves at 20% off, the total was enough to qualify me for the pewter gift set. As mentioned, make sure you get the dual control t-stat set up. You get plenty of spare parts such as wires, fuses and the hook up to the battery. I already hooked the extra feed to my Polaris ATV so I can stay toasty when I plow my driveway. It can take me up to 3 hours to get my driveway done. I used the set up a couple of times and again as mentioned it can be a pain to get everything hooked up and nicely tucked in, not the best set up if you are in a hurry. But it is nice not being overdressed and so bulky you can barely move. Now I need to get the foot set up because everything was nice and toasty except the feet. All in all a pretty expensive set up but worth it. I'm putting two 12 volt batteries wired in parallel that fit an old lunch box perfectly so I can use the suit while bowhunting from my ground blind. Can't shoot a bow very well with too many clothes on. I'm sure we can find other uses for the comfort it provides.

Ray G  

REGGAB

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2008, 07:35:06 PM »

Guess, at a minimum, I'm gonna hafta get some heated gloves.  My fingers hurt for three hours after I got to work this morning.  21 degrees.  Rest of me was fine.  Suggestions for just gloves?  Can I use my battery tender plug as a power point?

Sean M Cary

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

Guess, at a minimum, I'm gonna hafta get some heated gloves.  My fingers hurt for three hours after I got to work this morning.  21 degrees.  Rest of me was fine.  Suggestions for just gloves?  Can I use my battery tender plug as a power point?

I'm going the liner route...if I ever get them I will let you know.

Ordered the 23rd, still BO'd from Gerbings.

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2008, 08:25:47 PM »

I'm going the liner route...if I ever get them I will let you know.

Ordered the 23rd, still BO'd from Gerbings.

Sean

Thx.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »

Until you get the heated gloves, you could do what I've resorted to on those temp. days:  stuff a heat pac in the top of each winter gauntlet and it'll last for a decent ride.  :) I hate cold fingers and toes.  :nervous:  aaaargh.  :drink: spyder

REGGAB

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »

Until you get the heated gloves, you could do what I've resorted to on those temp. days:  stuff a heat pac in the top of each winter gauntlet and it'll last for a decent ride.  :) I hate cold fingers and toes.  :nervous:  aaaargh.  :drink: spyder

Hadn't thought of that........and we gotta gang of them things around here somewhere.  Wonder if they've ruint?  Anyway, I see how that might take the chill off the fingertips.  Even after running my fingers under cool water, they still hurt.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2008, 09:03:18 PM »

Hadn't thought of that........and we gotta gang of them things around here somewhere.  Wonder if they've ruint?  Anyway, I see how that might take the chill off the fingertips.  Even after running my fingers under cool water, they still hurt.
No need for that.  Try the heat pacs, but you might want a glove liner between your skin and the heat pac as they get kinda hot in one place.  Works good in your boots also.  I go thru a lot of 'em... ;)....might ought to spring for the heated gloves... :-[....been talking about it for awhile now.  har!  :drink: spyder

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »

I think it's easiest to just hook a permanent connection to your battery.  I got the TourMaster Synergy gloves and jacket.  I paid $260 total.  I think the gloves list for about $129 and I know I got them for less in my combined total.  They come with their own controller included in the price with high, low, and medium settings.  They have a good size gauntlet and then an additional gauntlet that pulls out of the gauntlet that you can drawstring tight if you want.  I normally wear XL in gloves, but with these I needed to go to XXXL with these.  It's best to find a place that you can try them on to make sure you are getting the correct size.  If I would have ordered these online, I would have ordered XL and ended up with gloves that I couldn't get on my hands.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.