Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: If you're thinking of buying a tuner please read this  (Read 9988 times)

eddfive

Re: If you're thinking of buying a tuner please read this
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »

I did not V-Tune the bike.  I used my wide band sensors which I calibrate and check before every bike.  As I said I am not sure the accuracy of the V-Tune as performed by the customer.  I was told several V-Tune runs were made.

I tottally agree with you on this:

""The more cells you hit the better or wider the tune is....this is why you can't beat the dyno tune because having control of Throttle Position and Rpm I'm (you ) are able to hit every cell the bike can possibly run in....this is a superior tune"".

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »

I would really like to get my bike done with the master tune, but my dealer and two others I have talked to say it will void my warrinty. Is there anyway the dealer can tell if this master tune was installed and is it removeable with out leaving footprints for the dealer to find?  Thanks Doc

I don't know this for sure but I believe i remember Steve Cole posted awhile back that Master Tune, once installed can not be detected by the dealer but SERT can.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »

If one was to purchase Mastertune here is what one could do. First make a backup copy of the ECM prior to doing tuning. Only Mastertune has this feature! Now load a base map and tune the bike up. Now if a dealer was to use Digital Tech on the bike it ask the ECM a question, that is was the bike tuned. SERT, SESPT and Technoresearch tuned bikes all answer this question YES. A Mastertuned bike or OEM factory tuned bike will answer the question NO! Now once the bike was tuned with anything other than the factory DT or Mastertune it will always answer YES so just using Mastertune or DT after being tuned by anything else your SOL. If one were really concerned they could restore the original calibration back into the bike with Mastertune prior to a dealer visit.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »

If one was to purchase Mastertune here is what one could do. First make a backup copy of the ECM prior to doing tuning. Only Mastertune has this feature! Now load a base map and tune the bike up. Now if a dealer was to use Digital Tech on the bike it ask the ECM a question, that is was the bike tuned. SERT, SESPT and Technoresearch tuned bikes all answer this question YES. A Mastertuned bike or OEM factory tuned bike will answer the question NO! Now once the bike was tuned with anything other than the factory DT or Mastertune it will always answer YES so just using Mastertune or DT after being tuned by anything else your SOL. If one were really concerned they could restore the original calibration back into the bike with Mastertune prior to a dealer visit.

Steve - any idea when those of us with SERT's will have the upgrade path?  Been waiting since the summer...

Sean

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »

Doc,

I'm very interested in the TTS Mastertune. My '07 has a TMAT, with which I've had excellent results. However, it appears that I've been lucky to get a good TMAT and don't want to push my luck with my upcoming '09 SERG.

Also, my wife has a stock '07 Heritage Classic, so I'd be interested in the 2-bike model, so I can tune her up as well.

What's the best way to get with you to talk about pricing and availability?

Thanks!

RickC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »

Doc,

I'm very interested in the TTS Mastertune. My '07 has a TMAT, with which I've had excellent results. However, it appears that I've been lucky to get a good TMAT and don't want to push my luck with my upcoming '09 SERG.

Also, my wife has a stock '07 Heritage Classic, so I'd be interested in the 2-bike model, so I can tune her up as well.

Thanks!

RickC
Rick,
Check out this thread - TTS V-Tuner Member Discount.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 06:53:10 PM »

eddfive

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 07:00:05 PM »

Just a small correction.  Direct Link now has the capability to flash the ECU undetected.  You can also, if you choose, have the tuner type in the stock calibration ID that is currently on the bike and that is what will be seen by DT.  This is one of many recent changes to Direct link.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »

Thanks, 'd00d...
You're welcome. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 08:18:36 PM »

So can Direct Link Log data or return the system back to the original calibration? Can they do auto tuning yet? If they can flash undetected that must be pretty new as it didn't do that 2 weeks ago.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 08:28:55 PM »

Doc,

Thanks!

RickC

Rick I sent you a PM
dOC
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

RickC

• 1K CVO Member

• Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 08:57:20 PM »

Rick I sent you a PM
dOC

Go it, Doc, and I replied! Thanks!

eddfive

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 08:23:06 AM »

Direct Link has added quite a few new features.  They can auto Tune the stock sensors and change VE; they can autotune wideband sensors and change VE, they can not save current calibration and restore it back yet, they can log data a couple of different ways.  They do not have PE mode or speedometer calibration but it will be coming soon.  They have a lot of features to be added over the next few weeks.  I have no horse in this race as I use all tuning devices for dyno tuning, but it is interesting how new software and features are added depending on competition.  I like the fact that the newest stuff from TTS and Direct Link and to some degree SEST will allow for a better overall tune to a customers bike with the added features.  This just makes the tuning process more complete and the customers more happy.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »

Steve - any idea when those of us with SERT's will have the upgrade path?  Been waiting since the summer...

Sean

Steve or Doc

This is the question a bunch of us keep asking. Any answer?

JW

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 11:06:16 AM »

Direct Link has added quite a few new features.  They can auto Tune the stock sensors and change VE; they can autotune wideband sensors and change VE, they can not save current calibration and restore it back yet, they can log data a couple of different ways.  They do not have PE mode or speedometer calibration but it will be coming soon.  They have a lot of features to be added over the next few weeks.  I have no horse in this race as I use all tuning devices for dyno tuning, but it is interesting how new software and features are added depending on competition.  I like the fact that the newest stuff from TTS and Direct Link and to some degree SEST will allow for a better overall tune to a customers bike with the added features.  This just makes the tuning process more complete and the customers more happy.

I was told by a DTT spokesman that Harley's stock ECM can not auto tune with wideband sensors, so I don't see Direct Link or TTS creating an Auto Tune package for Wideband unless the ECM is replaced. Right now, from what i'm reading, Direct Link is milestones behind TTS, so why bother with Direct Link?? :nixweiss:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.