Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: If you're thinking of buying a tuner please read this  (Read 9970 times)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: If you're thinking of buying a tuner please read this
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 11:33:21 AM »

Look the OEM controller will not log wide band sensors. So if you say that direct link has come out with all the features that Mastertune has had out for sometime now that's fine but let's not overstate it. I find it funny that a product that cannot log data has an auto tune feature. By log I mean store collected data and replay it back not just live data on the screen with no save or playback mode. It was only a matter of time before someone start to take the Mastertune features we introduced and add it into there product. Its been happening since the day we introduced it. Let's see some screenshots of this new auto tune feature as the TTS ones are all over the internet. As far as you having no dog in the fight, as you say it, all anyone needs to do is read your post to know that is not true.

The SERT upgrade had a few bugs and they have been corrected, testing is going on now. Also you need to remember that in order for all the new features to work we have to update all the calibrations. We will be releasing next week the calibrations for 2005 and newer bikes on the update service. So it looks like the two things needed for the update will be finishing pretty close to the same time. I am not sure when we will have new calibrations for the pre 2005 bikes at this time. So if you have a 2004 or earlier bike the upgrade will not help for the first release of it, as you will not be able to us all the new features until the calibrations are redone into .mt7 calibrations.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:45:24 AM by Steve Cole »
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

Look the OEM controller will not log wide band sensors. So if you say that direct link has come out with all the features that Mastertune has had out for sometime now that's fine but let's not overstate it. I find it funny that a product that cannot log data has an auto tune feature. By log I mean store collected data and replay it back not just live data on the screen with no save or playback mode. It was only a matter of time before someone start to take the Mastertune features we introduced and add it into there product. Its been happening since the day we introduced it. Let's see some screenshots of this new auto tune feature as the TTS ones are all over the internet. As far as you having no dog in the fight, as you say it, all anyone needs to do is read your post to know that is not true.

The SERT upgrade had a few bugs and they have been corrected, testing is going on now. Also you need to remember that in order for all the new features to work we have to update all the calibrations. We will be releasing next week the calibrations for 2005 and newer bikes on the update service. So it looks like the two things needed for the update will be finishing pretty close to the same time. I am not sure when we will have new calibrations for the pre 2005 bikes at this time. So if you have a 2004 or earlier bike the upgrade will not help for the first release of it, as you will not be able to us all the new features until the calibrations are redone into .mt7 calibrations.
[/b]

Thanks for the update.
JW

eddfive

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 02:43:13 PM »

I am sorry that Direct Link has some features that the other tuning devices do not.  Autotuning with the Wideband sensors has been a feature in Direct Link for over a year and several dyno shops are using it.  The autotuning with the narrowbands is new thanks to TTS but I know one dealer is testing and has reported it works.  They do not need to record/store and replay data as their tuning feature is done through their ALDL box and adjust the VE table in live mode in their software as a bike is being run on a dyno.

See this guide on their web site: http://www.technoresearch.com/Manuals/QuickStartGuide-Direct-Link.pdf

I have no screen shots to attach, but this guide briefly explains the setup and shows what the screens look like.  I am glad that Direct link offers some different features that the other tuning devices may not, but I think this is what competition is all about.  I am sure Direct Link will have PE modes and Speedo calibration in the near future.  I will emphasize again that I do not care which tuning device the customer wants to use.  I use them all.

uglyDougly

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »

Just to get the record straight about the capabilities of these Delphi tuning systems.
  The direct Link does have and always had the ability to record data and play it back. It doesn't have a separate Data recording program, it's part of the tuning program.
  Ed uses another program to record, store and recall data.

There is more than one way to perform the tedious tasks required for tuning these things and the first way each of us has learned isn't necessarily the only or even the best.

And, Master Tune is the most complete of the products available.

Doug

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »

You don't need to be sorry, but what are these features that it is suppose to have that no one else does? I might be missing something but it looks like the same old thing. The manual is the same one that has been around and it only shows using a LC1 wide band device from Inovate with the tuner. That is a separate part and not part of DL. It does not auto tune a bike, it has no feedback from the factory ECM. You need to record and store the data so you know what the ECM is telling the system to do in order to make proper corrections. What you are showing is just the same as using a Twin Scan device that's been around for years being used with any tuner, nothing new at all. It looks like they are just trying to add the features that Mastertune already has. Kind of follow the leader going on here. Since you bring up the ALDL box that is required to tune with how much does that cost the customer if he/she wants to tune as it's not included as part of the base kit. So your not comparing apples to apples here at all.

There are many products out there but I have yet to see anyone close to the features that are provided with the Mastertune product today and with our software updater those that will be released in the future that are free to our customers.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »

Just to get the record straight about the capabilities of these Delphi tuning systems.
  The direct Link does have and always had the ability to record data and play it back. It doesn't have a separate Data recording program, it's part of the tuning program.
  Ed uses another program to record, store and recall data.

There is more than one way to perform the tedious tasks required for tuning these things and the first way each of us has learned isn't necessarily the only or even the best.

And, Master Tune is the most complete of the products available.

Doug

And you would be who in this whole thing? Welcome to the site. But I'm getting very confused here as to who's who regarding this product. Who's product is it? Who else is invloved with that person? Who else is promoting it as a business funtion? Who's just a dopey ole customer like me? I'm confused as to whether I'm seeing real information or just SPAM from vendors! :nixweiss:

Neal, I think the vendors for these products should be in the vendor section, and offer discounts like I know Doc1 already has. But this is getting very confusing as to who's who here now!!! I can't be the only one either. I just thought it should be mentioned! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

And you would be who in this whole thing? Welcome to the site. But I'm getting very confused here as to who's who regarding this product. Who's product is it? Who else is invloved with that person? Who else is promoting it as a business funtion? Who's just a dopey ole customer like me? I'm confused as to whether I'm seeing real information or just SPAM from vendors! :nixweiss:

Neal, I think the vendors for these products should be in the vendor section, and offer discounts like I know Doc1 already has. But this is getting very confusing as to who's who here now!!! I can't be the only one either. I just thought it should be mentioned! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Not to speak for Neal, but which members are you questioning to what relationship they have to what?.. maybe I can help explain. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

uglyDougly

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 06:05:31 PM »

In the interest of disclosure. (Full disclosure would take a while.)

I'm a guy who's been tuning fuel injected bikes since 1995 and always looking for the best solution.

And, I'm new to this forum, thanks for the welcome.

I'm uglyDougly on another forum.

Doug

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »

I'm a guy who's been tuning fuel injected bikes since 1995 and always looking for the best solution.

Doug

Thanks a lot Doug. I'm trying to discern who the Vendor is (I know Steve Cole developed the product), who sells it, who tunes with it, and who are the tuning vendor players, as opposed to just normal membeship posts. This info would explain a lot, and help know who we're talking to. ;)

I hope you enjoy this GREAT SITE Doug!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 06:14:07 PM »

Not to speak for Neal, but which members are you questioning to what relationship they have to what?.. maybe I can help explain. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Would rather not say Gary. That's why I asked the question. Some aren't big mouth's like me, and might not wanna ask stuff like this. ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »

Would rather not say Gary. That's why I asked the question. Some aren't big mouth's like me, and might not wanna ask stuff like this. ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
So you make a public statement that you want Neal (Admin/Mods) to look into something, but you don't want to let us know who/what. :confused5: :nixweiss: Ok. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »

So you make a public statement that you want Neal (Admin/Mods) to look into something, but you don't want to let us know who/what. :confused5: :nixweiss: Ok. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

No Gary, I'd just like you to look into whether this is being used as a vendor board or not. It appears to be taking that direction. I'm confused about it. So...................

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »

Doug
You have a PM... click on "My Messages" at the top of the screen.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »

For those of you that own/work at a motorcycle related business and wish to promote your business or services you should be advised of the following...

We would like to fill you in on some things that are a little different on this site.  We don't charge a membership fee here, neither do we accept any paid advertising, pop-ups, etc. (one of the many things that makes this forum stand out above the others).  However, we do allow motorcycle related businesses to promote their products or services provided they offer a discount to the members of this forum.  That discount needs to be a minimum of 10% under shelf price or service price.

For that discount, you can promote your products, services, etc. through your screen name (name users see when you post), posts, and you can even have a thread under the "Vendor Discounts" section of the board.  That section can only be viewed by actual members of this site and can not be viewed by "guests" just casually viewing this site.  Of course, they wouldn't be aware of that unless they became a member.  This information is further explained in the "Rules of Posting" which can be found in the FAQ section of the board, or by clicking HERE.

You also have the option of just being a member here, like any other.  However, if that's your choice you can not promote your business in any fashion, nor have your screen name that would give any indication that you are a business.

Best regards,

The CVOHarley.com Admin. Team

I don't think we need to spell out what would be considered promoting your business/services, and/or speaking about them. If you're are not one of our recognized vendors then that doesn't give you the privilege to promote your business or service. Any future posts that do this are subject to deletion. Thanks.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 06:41:19 PM »

Forgot to add...

If you are a motorcycle related business and wish to become a vendor and promote your product/services contact one of the Global Moderators or the Administrator. We would be more then happy to assist you in getting setup as a vendor.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 20 queries.