Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: If you're thinking of buying a tuner please read this  (Read 9968 times)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
Re: If you're thinking of buying a tuner please read this
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2009, 07:20:22 PM »

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

I started this thread, and I am not a vendor.  I am a customer.  I started this thread to give credit where credit is due to a member/vendor in Doc 1.  Doc offered us as members a discount that I took advantage of.  I bought the TTS from him and also bought exhaust and breather based on his recommendations of what I wanted my bike to do.  He provided customer service that I felt was above and beyond what I paid for in just buying the product.  In this day and time, anyone that offers a product that they truly believe in and CAN BACK THEIR CLAIMS by results, in my opinion deserves the testimony. 

This thread was not intended to start a big debate over what tuner is best.  It certainly was not intended to create a situation where Steve Cole has to defend his product.  Doc 1 offers us a discount on a product that is fantastic and Doc 1 provides the kind of customer service that has earned a customer for life.  If I ever have my bike dyno tuned I will take it to Doc 1.  Not because I think he is necessarily the best tuner in the country, I don't know that.  There is probably another a lot closer that would do just as good of a job.  Doc was honest, he told me what to expect and what not to.  He helped me with the many questions that my anal retentive self had and done exactly what he should have done to gain a customer for life.  If the MoCo dealers all operated their business like Doc, then every other motorcycle manufacturer would be out of business.

I think that a guy that tunes bikes for a living that has enough faith in a product to sell it and promote that it will tune "almost" as good as a dyno tune is a pretty honest guy.  The intent of the thread was to raise awareness that we as members of this forum have a fantastic resource in Doc and a fantastic product in the TTS.  I am a pretty loyal guy when it comes to spending my money.  You treat me good, I will return the favor; you treat me bad, I will return the favor. 

If there is a product similar to the tts that's as good or better, and you as a customer have bought one, chime in!  I as a consumer, did a lot of research before making a decision.  I stand by my decision. 

KUDOS TO STEVE COLE AS THE DEVELOPER AND DOC 1 AS THE ONE WHO MARKETS IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:11 PM »

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

I started this thread, and I am not a vendor.  I am a customer.  I started this thread to give credit where credit is due to a member/vendor in Doc 1....KUDOS TO STEVE COLE AS THE DEVELOPER AND DOC 1 AS THE ONE WHO MARKETS IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!

Jbb

Easy brother! No harm, no foul. No one's tossing stones at ya!

I appreciate this posting. It has been informative. It is good to have the chance to see what each product has to offer. As for Doc1, he's been outstanding with his time and knowledge. Same as Steve who has answered every question I've asked of him here and on PM. Moperfserv &  eddfive are just sharing from their hands on experience. That's what makes this site great!

JW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2009, 08:22:11 PM »

So if you have a 2004 or earlier bike the upgrade will not help for the first release of it, as you will not be able to us all the new features until the calibrations are redone into .mt7 calibrations.
bummer

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »

I haven't questioned anyone's integrity, knowledge or helpfulness here Jb. We all like to promote those that do us right. I was just trying to determine who's who here as this thread started going in other directions than you started it in! Nothing personal man. And I'm getting a lot out of this too. But just trying to keep things fair around here. I'm happy Steve and Doc were able to get you right. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be looking for the same from them. But I was just trying to keep the players straight here. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2009, 08:49:06 PM »

I hope that my comments were not taken the wrong way but when someone comes here and else where saying things that I believe to be incorrect I will speak up. We've been doing this for along time and spent many hours getting things to work the way they do, it's not as easy as some would think. We try our best not to mislead people and give them false hope and we know what it takes to make it work correctly. Competition is fine but when things are not what is being said about our product and the competition says, that is misleading the people. I guess when you raise the bar it's to be expected but I guess I will never get use to it, sorry.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 09:05:39 PM »

I hope that my comments were not taken the wrong way but when someone comes here and else where saying things that I believe to be incorrect I will speak up. We've been doing this for along time and spent many hours getting things to work the way they do, it's not as easy as some would think. We try our best not to mislead people and give them false hope and we know what it takes to make it work correctly. Competition is fine but when things are not what is being said about our product and the competition says, that is misleading the people. I guess when you raise the bar it's to be expected but I guess I will never get use to it, sorry.

And I hope you continue to speak up if that's the case.
I learned a lot reading your posts & that of Doc 1's.
Don't be thin skined if some one get's you riled on this site.  Keep on posting.
And thanks for posting what you did.  I learned a lot just reading your posts.
Still don't understand some of what your talking about but I'm learning.
Thats one of the things I want out of this site.
That and to have a little fun along the way.

Thanks.
Admiral

:cowboy:  :beerchug:  :cowboy:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:07:49 PM by Admiral »

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »

I just made my soap box post to bring the thread back to where I intended it to be. I agree with Hoist, it was going a little off kilter. As for Steve, I am glad he chimed in and stated the facts.  There's a difference between a vendor that is selling and a vendor that is putting out factual information.  Sometimes I think the line between rhetoric and fact gets blurred.  I never take anything personal, I just love to debate.  It's possible that I could even stir chit sometimes  :devil: , but that was not the intent of any of my posts on this topic.  There's plenty of room for everyone to state their experiences and what's good and bad with each product, as long as it's factual, not a sales pitch.  Steve has done a good job of stating the facts.  Thanks to Steve for answering our questions. 

I will admit, I am guilty of an agenda to steer Doc some business.  I'm not getting anything out of getting Doc business, other than knowing that a good business man will continue on and hopefully make others on here as happy a customer as myself.  I know how easy it is to be "sold" without doing all of the homework to make an informed decision.  I have gotten away from the emotion of buying in the last few years.  Comes with age I guess, and I am a lot younger than most of you.  :oops:

And yes, this site is probably the foremost knowledge base of Harley information there is.  If only Harley was doing more than just reading it! :idea:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 06:38:41 AM »

Here's what i got out of this, Since doing the exhaust mods on my 09 SERG, I needed to have a fuel/air management system in place, looked around and felt that doing the SSERT/Dyno would be safest. Have had several PM's with Steve Cole and Doc about the TTS. A friend of mine happens to be knowledged on tuning and puters, and has tried all. Last week I had an appt. to do the sert but alas, out of stock so they pushed me back two weeks. Thats two weeks more of staying under 4k rpm. That's all I needed to look elsewhere. talked to Doc last night and am ordering my mastertune today. Got to find out from my friend if I need the cables or what.
What I'm looking for is good solid performance from the 110, there is a beast inside that needs to be unleashed, and am now convinced that TTS and Doc can do that for me.
I am not going to be racing this at the strip, or trading Pinks. Just want it to be all that it can be.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 07:29:52 AM »

Here's what i got out of this, Since doing the exhaust mods on my 09 SERG, I needed to have a fuel/air management system in place, looked around and felt that doing the SSERT/Dyno would be safest. Have had several PM's with Steve Cole and Doc about the TTS. A friend of mine happens to be knowledged on tuning and puters, and has tried all. Last week I had an appt. to do the sert but alas, out of stock so they pushed me back two weeks. Thats two weeks more of staying under 4k rpm. That's all I needed to look elsewhere. talked to Doc last night and am ordering my mastertune today. Got to find out from my friend if I need the cables or what.
What I'm looking for is good solid performance from the 110, there is a beast inside that needs to be unleashed, and am now convinced that TTS and Doc can do that for me.
I am not going to be racing this at the strip, or trading Pinks. Just want it to be all that it can be.

Larry, keep us posted on your results.   :2vrolijk_21:

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »

Interested to hear about your results, LarryB... so's you can help me when I get my SERG and a TTS. :)

uglyDougly

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2009, 11:48:15 AM »

I have to apologize to the viewers of this thread.
  I thought that it was about informing, but as jbbrown73 pointed out it is actually about Master Tune and nothing else.
  Any mention about other solutions was inappropriate, whether merely correcting mis-statements or otherwise.

Doug

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2009, 11:50:48 AM »

enthusiasm sometimes gets misconstrued. i haven't done a tune on my fltrse3 but am leaning toward a tts. it can be a tough crowd here but for the most part it's for the right reasons. seems to be user friendly. my 08 is tuned with directlink and am happy but to access the info requires a bit more on the hardware side. and i'm stuck with my indy as no one else in the area tunes with it. keep the info flowing pls.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

wichitagreg

• Greg's toys
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »

It was my bike that edfive tuned and talked about in an earlier post.

I bought my TTS from Doc1, very happy with it and the service after the sale.  Doc1 is a great guy and very helpfull with his time and knowledge.

I want to get the most out of my bike, so I found a reputable tuner, edfive, and rode 400 or so miles in below freezing temps on 28-30 Dec to get it tuned.  I watched him tune other bikes before he spent over five hours dialing mine in.  Explaining things as he went along, me being uninformed.  I now know more about what matters and why in a good tune.

It got tuned.  I watched.  It runs quite well, gets good gas mileage, and has improved TQ and HP numbers over both the dealer download and the v-tuned tts map.

edfive is not bigoted towards a particular tuning device, he made no detrimental comments about my tts, just used it and tuned my bike.

You can see my bike and my dyno sheet at http://www.noller.net/greg

Greg
Wichita
103" 2009 Ultra.
2009 Ultra; 103 Kit; SE255 Cams, SE A/C; Stock Exhaust.  110 TQ and 82 HP.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 01:54:49 PM »

I have to apologize to the viewers of this thread.
  I thought that it was about informing, but as jbbrown73 pointed out it is actually about Master Tune and nothing else.
  Any mention about other solutions was inappropriate, whether merely correcting mis-statements or otherwise.

Doug

It was started to be about customer service from a customer perspective.  The TTS is merely the product.

And Doug, welcome to the site.  This is a great site with a lot of passionate people.  There's tons of information here and a lot of good people with opinions to share.  My apologies if I flamed you or anyone else.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 02:00:12 PM by Jbbrown73 »

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »

It was my bike that edfive tuned and talked about in an earlier post.

I bought my TTS from Doc1, very happy with it and the service after the sale.  Doc1 is a great guy and very helpfull with his time and knowledge.

I want to get the most out of my bike, so I found a reputable tuner, edfive, and rode 400 or so miles in below freezing temps on 28-30 Dec to get it tuned.  I watched him tune other bikes before he spent over five hours dialing mine in.  Explaining things as he went along, me being uninformed.  I now know more about what matters and why in a good tune.

It got tuned.  I watched.  It runs quite well, gets good gas mileage, and has improved TQ and HP numbers over both the dealer download and the v-tuned tts map.

edfive is not bigoted towards a particular tuning device, he made no detrimental comments about my tts, just used it and tuned my bike.

You can see my bike and my dyno sheet at http://www.noller.net/greg

Greg
Wichita
103" 2009 Ultra.

Such as this testimony above.  That is what it's about.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.458 seconds with 20 queries.