Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)  (Read 9423 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »

Not that you need validation louis, but you are absolutely correct.  Anyone who has ever ridden in a large group should have experienced this.
  If vision permits you can watch the leaders go while you sit and wait for the forward riders to move.
  A slingshot effect is exactly what happens as you are forced to go like a bat outta hell to catch up then slam on the brakes to stop.

I sure hope many of the new riders find this topic.  Everybody always wants to ride in a big noisy group.  They should be aware that this can be a very dangerous place to be.  Notwithstanding the riding abilities of those around you. :soapbox: 
Agree totally - not only their abilities but their attitude and judgement as well can make the ride great or downright dangerous.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »

To get this thread back on topic and off the Pro HOG, No HOG debate, if this website had 24 Hr Roadside Assistance, CVOHarley.com would be everything I need, thanks to all of the fantastic folks who share information, riding experiences and friendship here. What a great idea Naitram had when he started this.  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »

To get this thread back on topic and off the Pro HOG, No HOG debate, if this website had 24 Hr Roadside Assistance, CVOHarley.com would be everything I need, thanks to all of the fantastic folks who share information, riding experiences and friendship here. What a great idea Naitram had when he started this.  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

Actually, the original question had to do with ideas of what HOG could provide to it's membership that would be more appreciated by it's members.  It has nothing to do with this website and I certainly don't think that this website has it in the cards to provide roadside assistance...unless we are going to start charging a membership fee for this site...and I don't see that happening either. 

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »

Actually, the original question had to do with ideas of what HOG could provide to it's membership that would be more appreciated by it's members.  It has nothing to do with this website and I certainly don't think that this website has it in the cards to provide roadside assistance...unless we are going to start charging a membership fee for this site...and I don't see that happening either. 

Sheesh, talk about missing the point  :nixweiss:

B B

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2009, 03:08:52 PM »

Not even sure if you are talking about me or you missing the point.  I agree that the conversation was definitely off track.

If it's me, straighten me out.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »

As if all the threads tend to go off track.  That is just the nature of the beast.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »

B B

HeHe!!! Off track? WTH is that? :jack: :jack: :jack:

We do B B!!! Remember, I needed to start one while Cybil was still under w.....ty, with stock chit in her!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, we've been working at keeping this up, and ever expanding. I'd rather call someone from here than that HOG operator in India any day!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18220.msg291163#msg291163

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »

We do B B!!! Remember, I needed to start one while Cybil was still under w.....ty, with stock chit in her!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, we've been working at keeping this up, and ever expanding. I'd rather call someone from here than that HOG operator in India any day!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I never saw that on here before.  In looking at the Excel Spreadsheet, I noticed that there are only 2 entries with phone numbers.  My assumption at this point would be that this would be a good list to print out and keep on the bike.  Further assumption that the 2 numbers made available could be contacted to get contact info for the others listed in that special emergency circumstance.  You always have to wonder "what if" when you are traveling, especially so by bike.  Please correct my assumptions if they are wrong.  Thanks.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »

I never saw that on here before.  In looking at the Excel Spreadsheet, I noticed that there are only 2 entries with phone numbers.  My assumption at this point would be that this would be a good list to print out and keep on the bike.  Further assumption that the 2 numbers made available could be contacted to get contact info for the others listed in that special emergency circumstance.  You always have to wonder "what if" when you are traveling, especially so by bike.  Please correct my assumptions if they are wrong.  Thanks.

HeHe!!! Agreed man! When we first started this, people were reluctant to have their nos. appear online. So Glenn and I volunteered to be the contact points. As this grew, it didn't make sense anymore. Since they're all cell phone nos, no reason they all can't appear. So we've asked for everone's agreement to that. Most have already, and the next revised spreadsheet I put up will have most, if not all of the phone numbers on it! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2009, 03:43:57 PM »

Hopefully, I'll never have to make one of those PITA calls to someone for help, but it sure is nice to know that there may be another option out there from somebody that can put themselves in your shoes.  As soon as the new list comes out, it's going in with my owner's manual.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »

Hi Larry.  It is the Memphis Chapter.  This has been an evolutionary process starting back in 2003 or thereabouts.  As we've recruited and trained more road captains this is how we have evolved.

your not alone.  in Niagara Falls,  we limit group size to 10 at the most.   but it all depends on how many we get for a run. for ex.  if we get over 20 (say 24) we do 3 groups.  smaller is more efficient and can manuver well.  also safer.

GEE,  guess I should have finished reading to the end before making a comment.  you guys change direction faster then I change my underwear. :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:55:39 PM by harleyteam »

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »

Hoist! 8)

I'll be adding my name to the list soon Howie. Just hoping to find that perfect deal on a trailer.

B B

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

One of the things I thought would be a good benefit was for a Dealer to give CVO customers a "red Carpet" treatment or a priority service.
1. Dealers treat there best and most loyal customers the same as any other customer,
I understand this, but how hard would it be to push CVO cust to the front of the line?
Each dealer cannot have that many CVO's out there 3-6 bikes of each model each year.
how many can there be?  10 - 20 /year. 10 years of bikes cannot be more than  75 - 100 bikes (early on there were not so many available)
giving that many bikes a priority would not upset the cart, and can be easily explained to a reg customer (may not like it but would understand)

And it would be a bonus to the CVO crowd.

I am surprised that I have never heard of a Dealer doing this, if the price is the same you need to increase service satisfaction to beat other dealers at the game.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »

so,  what do you call that chit your smoking ????????

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »

If some service dept. pushed my bike back to let a CVO in front it would be the last time for a real long time that they did. No objection to waiting on a traveler but that's a whole different deal.

Just sayin.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.