Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 110 fear  (Read 9274 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: 110 fear
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2009, 10:34:15 PM »

:jalapeno:

Actually, too be honest, the 07 was a little faster, a lot louder and was by no means stock.  D&D 2 into 1 is a great pipe (just loud, had the performance one for a while OMG), TMAT from Zippers cams etc.  Much poorer gas mileage, wife wouldn't ride very far etc.  Ate tires for lunch.  Metzlers and 6,000 miles for the rear was it.  But a great tire.

I knew that eventually you'd admit the red one was faster.   :apple:  I checked out my rear tire and with 5500 miles, I still have 9/32nds left.  I am amazed by that.  However, the front is not fairing quite as well.  It's at 4/32nds.  I don't know what the front starts at though.  Anyone know what the front tire tread depth is new?  And yes, the D&D 2 -1 is pretty loud and until I get pulled over for it, I'm fine with that.  I'm not out creating extra noise where it should be irritating anyone, but I can let it rip when I'm buzzing around the country roads.  It's a very psychologically appeasing sound.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »

I have a friend with a 09 SERG and he is getting over 11,000 on his first rear tire and about the same on the front.  Maybe the days of twice the mileage for the front is gone.  My dealer will say nothing.
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 08:16:23 AM »

I have a friend with a 09 SERG and he is getting over 11,000 on his first rear tire and about the same on the front.  Maybe the days of twice the mileage for the front is gone.  My dealer will say nothing.
My dealer did .... he said "times are changin' " referring to the inability to get the two to one tire change!!!  :coolblue:

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 08:38:52 AM »

Suprise suprise.

Guess the new 17 and the fat rear are "times ae changing".

Have to admit I do like the new tires.  They feel a lot like Metzler's (maybe better) and appear to be fairly long lasting although they are expensive.

Maybe some day soon the non-Dunlop tire guys will come out with their own.

Just got back from Coronado trail (aka 191, Devil's Highway) in eastern Arizona (best ride I have ever been on, ridden it twice) tires, bike, frame was much better than on the 07 SE Ultra with Metzlers.

:cucumber: :jalapeno: :apple:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »

Thanks for all your input, glad to see people are having good luck with 110. Does anybody in the New England area remove catalyst from the header pipes on the 09? I read where a shop in AZ. does it (Fulsac, or something). That's a long road trip for me.

WTF...........I'm not aware of any catalyst in the header pipe on the '09 unless it's a California bound bike.  If I'm not understanding this comment,  someone please advise. :nervous:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »

WTF...........I'm not aware of any catalyst in the header pipe on the '09 unless it's a California bound bike.  If I'm not understanding this comment,  someone please advise. :nervous:

What bike are you refering to.   :confused5:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

strasinner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 ultra classic cvo
    • CVO2: 08 Heritage (non cvo of course)
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »

I live in Ma. and follow suit with Ca.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2009, 07:51:21 PM »

:cherry:

OK.  Let me try to clarify this.  The 09 CVO Ultras have a cat in the header pipe.  All of them regardless or where they go.

The 09 touring series headed to California all have a cat.

The 09 touring series headed everywhere but Ca. do not have a cat.

That help??

Former 1999 Road King

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »

thanks,  I'll buy that anwer for now.  I had V/H headers put on mine with the 110 "Race Kit" change.  They put on the wrong ones.  They added the "true dual" set and I wanted (and will get this week), the "Power dual" set from V/H.  This is a two into one and back into two setup which should provide better low-end torque..........Hopefully, the    fu**ing  cat item or whatever California requires ended up in the Dumpster :-[

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »

:cherry:

OK.  Let me try to clarify this.  The 09 CVO Ultras have a cat in the header pipe.  All of them regardless or where they go.

The 09 touring series headed to California all have a cat.

The 09 touring series headed everywhere but Ca. do not have a cat.

That help??
.........and 09 CVO Road Glides.  :2vrolijk_21: Thanks for the info.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »

thanks,  I'll buy that anwer for now.  I had V/H headers put on mine with the 110 "Race Kit" change.  They put on the wrong ones.  They added the "true dual" set and I wanted (and will get this week), the "Power dual" set from V/H.  This is a two into one and back into two setup which should provide better low-end torque..........Hopefully, the    fu**ing  cat item or whatever California requires ended up in the Dumpster :-[

Switching out the head pipes got rid of the problem for you.  The Screamin' Eagles have catalytic converters in the head pipes, about 5" long in the section of pipe where the 2 run parallel together.  They are in the SE Ultra and SE Road Glide.  I don't know about the other models, but probably there also.  Again, if you are putting the Power Duals on, you are good to go.  This was all 50 states and believe international bikes also, to comply with EPA standards.  In California, they are in even the standard models, not just the SE's.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2009, 09:42:13 PM »

Yep.  I agree.  The V&H fixed the issue.

Let us know how it works.

Former 1999 Road King
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.