Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review  (Read 18415 times)

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
Re: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2009, 03:34:45 PM »

I might do that too except that I like the protection from stones, rain, etc., that a taller windshield gives.  I think you're right about less turbulence though.
  Has anyone replaced a CB with a Clearview-possibly taller?  I'm thinking about going that direction.
Steve

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »

I might do that too except that I like the protection from stones, rain, etc., that a taller windshield gives.  I think you're right about less turbulence though.
  Has anyone replaced a CB with a Clearview-possibly taller?  I'm thinking about going that direction.

I wish I had taken a picture with my tall clearview, Wind protection was superb but the tall screen IMHO looked odd perched atop the fairing, if the windscreen changed as simply as the ultra screens with three simple screws I would keep one for trips, I hope ultimately to find a screen that will perform adequately and look decent on the bike, The new Kuryakyn looks hopeful.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2009, 05:59:12 PM »

I wish I had taken a picture with my tall clearview, Wind protection was superb but the tall screen IMHO looked odd perched atop the fairing, if the windscreen changed as simply as the ultra screens with three simple screws I would keep one for trips, I hope ultimately to find a screen that will perform adequately and look decent on the bike, The new Kuryakyn looks hopeful.

I haven't seen the Kuryakyn one.  Has anyone got a link to where I could see what it looks like?  I checked once on their site but didn't find it-maybe I didn't look in the right place.
Steve

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

mtbronco

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG Silver/Titanium
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2009, 11:32:13 PM »

Rec'd my CB14 inch screen today and put it out and went and did a short 40 mile run at different speeds.  I can say that after having the Kuryakan 8 incher on before this is night and day difference.  I can ride with the ol baseball cap pretty much all the way to 70 mph and not blowing off.  I ran a few 80 and 90 and even pushed to around 100 and I will say this screen is great.  Way less wind than that of the stock screen on my 06 RG.  It took awhile to get and well, it was worth the cash paid.  Now let's hope the change spent on the D and D Boss Fat Cat system I ordered today is going to be as great addition to the SERG.   :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »

Its funny how some of us like the CB and some do not, but to compare it to the stock 09SERG shield is just insane. Unless your head is a foot over the shield.  Doc

mtbronco

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG Silver/Titanium
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »

Agreed, but I was comparing the CB on the SERG to my "stock" cut down one inch one from my 2006 Road Glide. 

There is no way to compare anything to the stock fly screen of the 09 SERG. 

:2vrolijk_21: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2009, 12:57:56 AM »

I just got in my 15" Cee Bailey's dark gray windshield and it's too short for me.  I had it on the bike for approx. 25 miles.  If anyone needs a 15" dark one, send me an email and I'll give you a good price and ship it right away.    sdavis49  at  agristar.net
Steve
Steve

xcmoose

• CVO1: CVO O/B Road Glide
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »

Dam just ordered 15" you say it's not tall enough how tall are I hope mine works out Thanks

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »

I'm 6'2" but I also added a Saddlemen's seat which I think raised me up a little, so with the stock seat I might have been ok.  I'll have to check it out when I get a chance.
Steve

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2009, 05:41:30 AM »

Well, for me, the winner is, CLEARVIEW Windshields
Road it last night to chapter meeting, was on I-65 North-bound. At 70 mph, no buffeting, at 90, No buffeting. works great. and at the meeting last night someone, RG rider, asked about my windshield and how I liked it. I asked him what he had on his scoot, he said KW 12".
As far as stereo, could hear mine fine all they way to 90.
I'm glad this part is over, running  out of well,,well,,,,well,,,,, oh helj, well nut's
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:43:19 AM by LarryB »
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »

Road it last night to chapter meeting, was on I-65 North-bound. At 70 mph, no buffeting, at 90, No buffeting. works great. and at the meeting last night someone, RG rider, asked about my windshield and how I liked it. I asked him what he had on his scoot, he said KW 12".
I'm glad this part is over, running  out of well,,well,,,,well,,,,, oh helj, well nut's

Larry:  How tall are you and what height Clearview did you go with?  I assume you still have the stock seat?
Thanks,
Steve
Steve

xcmoose

• CVO1: CVO O/B Road Glide
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »

Man just recieved my 15'' CB put 50miles on it and really think it's a keeper sunglasses stay still and helmet has very slight buffering must say now I really love the bike what a ride!!!!!

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2009, 10:13:10 PM »

Ditto
The impossible just takes a little longer

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »

Well, now I have ridden this Clearview in different conditions and speed. It is a better Function than all others. It losses some of the sporty that the others have but all in all, it;s the chits.
Yesterday I entered the Screamin' Grey Ghost into her third bike show. 92 bikes in all, she took 2nd place in the bagger touring class, so the CV did not take away anything.
so, if anyone is keeping track, that's 2 second place finishes and 1 first place this year. going to take a break from shows and do some riding :2vrolijk_21:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.