Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Wheel recall (Blade Wheels cracking)  (Read 35493 times)

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
Re: Wheel recall (Blade Wheels cracking)
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2009, 10:30:42 AM »

I just phoned and they know it :
 If there is a R1 or R2 into the whell than it has to be changed , but no wheels yet available , means no bike when the check is " R1 or R2 ".
Then the fight will begin to get a bike to make the tour , and they do not want to give you a bike for free ( but you have the right to get one within the first year of warranty ) .
 Let`s wait and see .
 The other problem ,the dealer has no time to check the wheel - fuxxx off

I don't think so.  The following is quoted from the warranty:  "HARLEY-DAVIDSON AND ITS DEALERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE, INCONVENIENCE, LOST TIME, COMMERCIAL LOSS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES."

Maybe you have different warranty terms in Germany?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:32:14 AM by Smuuth »
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »

I am a lucky guy again :
As you told me : I fired up at the dealer and he phone-called me at 2pm to come immediately .
 I did .
They checked the rear-rim and there was no R1 or R2 written inside , another couple of numbers but no R .
I carried with me a new tire that i received yesterday from my local tire-shop ( because HD-germany is not able to get one and i asked them whether i could bring one , they said : of course they will mount it ) and i wanted to get it mounted after the 3k trip .
They put the new tire on instead of the old one for free ( it was cupped and was singing anyway ) and put all together again and now i have my scooter back , i am very lucky as you can imagine that i am able to join my ride next week .  :2vrolijk_21:
So i am number 2 ( with Rick ) , have been on the recall-list but all ok .  :2vrolijk_21:

I wish you all good luck for this too
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:39:31 PM by Highjagger »
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2009, 02:38:21 PM »

:2vrolijk_20:

@smuuth:

yes indeed there is compulsive consumer law in the EC-Countries that goes far beyond H-D warranty terms  ;)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »

That`s one of the reasons , why we have to pay much more money for things here . I guess .

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »

I've been spectating on this thread since it's inception.  My SERG made the list but I havent received anything official.  I hope everything is okay b/c I'm planning to ride it as if I hadnt heard about it yet.  But it will definitely be in the back of my mind.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »

I've been spectating on this thread since it's inception.  My SERG made the list but I havent received anything official.  I hope everything is okay b/c I'm planning to ride it as if I hadnt heard about it yet.  But it will definitely be in the back of my mind.

Just a thought to consider for everyone who announces their knowledge of the potential problem and their intention to ride anyway.  If you have an accident you just willingly and publicly accepted some real part of the liability for any potential injuries or property damage that might be suffered. 

It is accepted as common knowledge that HD regularly monitors the site.  If one accepts that then it would have to be assumed that if you ever found yourself in litigation with the MOCo that your words here would be presented.  Sometimes what you don't say is what protects you most.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »

perfect observation  ::)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »

The german Headquarter in Mörfelden mentioned that they do wait with informing the SERG owners till the rims are produced and available otherwise there would be panic and that would not solve the problem .

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2009, 05:11:05 PM »

The german Headquarter in Mörfelden mentioned that they do wait with informing the SERG owners till the rims are produced and available otherwise there would be panic and that would not solve the problem .

thats what my dealer is telling me. said he cant tell me that im safe to ride or not.

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »

Just a thought to consider for everyone who announces their knowledge of the potential problem and their intention to ride anyway.  If you have an accident you just willingly and publicly accepted some real part of the liability for any potential injuries or property damage that might be suffered. 

It is accepted as common knowledge that HD regularly monitors the site.  If one accepts that then it would have to be assumed that if you ever found yourself in litigation with the MOCo that your words here would be presented.  Sometimes what you don't say is what protects you most.

What about if you have contacted your dealer and they won't schedule even an inspection until they get the "Recall Kits" from the MoCo?  Who would be liable then?

Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »

you  :P

You positively know your bike may be unsafe to ride. If you do ride her nevertheless, you do so on your own risk.

No judge will have mercy  ::)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »

Hmmm... I think that is a leap, Don...  The MOCO has not said the bike is unsafe to ride until inspected - or commented at all what the failure mode of the cracking may be.  If the MOCO publicly stated the bikes are unsafe to ride until inspected - and could prove someone had knowledge of the statement - and then chose to ride anyway - then you have a good and valid point.  But, until they say that, they would have a hard time proving someone knowingly rode in an unsafe condition...   And if the MOCO knows the bikes are unsafe to ride until inspected - and did not notify the owners of the bikes individually and promptly - and there was a resulting accident - it would be an entirely different trial that would take place...  :nixweiss:

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2009, 07:37:22 PM »

What about if you have contacted your dealer and they won't schedule even an inspection until they get the "Recall Kits" from the MoCo?  Who would be liable then?

If you called the dealer you have proved to have knowledge of the potential problem.  How much you understood it would be a question for percentages of shared liability later.  But just by making the phone call you've bitten part of the apple if the dealer can document your effort.

Just a wild guess here.  But I'd not be surprised if there are instructions to dealers telling them to attempt to not release a bike in dealer custody with this type of potential failure or requiring signature of some very specific waiver or other hold-harmless.  This thread protects potential victims about as much as the "what do you carry" thread maintains the surprise of the guys that carry concealed.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2009, 07:40:32 PM »

Hmmm... I think that is a leap, Don...  The MOCO has not said the bike is unsafe to ride until inspected - or commented at all what the failure mode of the cracking may be.  If the MOCO publicly stated the bikes are unsafe to ride until inspected - and could prove someone had knowledge of the statement - and then chose to ride anyway - then you have a good and valid point.  But, until they say that, they would have a hard time proving someone knowingly rode in an unsafe condition...   And if the MOCO knows the bikes are unsafe to ride until inspected - and did not notify the owners of the bikes individually and promptly - and there was a resulting accident - it would be an entirely different trial that would take place...  :nixweiss:

It's just one of those what-ifs Scott.  

If a wheel broke and you wrecked....

If you sued the MoCo for liability.....

Would counsel for defense argue share liability based on the fact that you knew of a potential dangerous failure and chose, of your own volition, to continue riding the machine anyway?  

Sure they would.  And I'll bet you dollars to donuts they'd get a good bite of a shared liability ruling as a result.  

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2009, 07:44:54 PM »

It's just one of those what-ifs Scott.  

If a wheel broke and you wrecked....

If you sued the MoCo for liability.....

Would counsel for defense argue share liability based on the fact that you knew of a potential dangerous failure and chose, of your own volition, to continue riding the machine anyway?  

Sure they would.  And I'll bet you dollars to donuts they'd get a good bite of a shared liability ruling as a result.  

Cause I read it on the internet...it must be true!!!  It would be interesting if nothing else...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.