Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Race Tuner  (Read 9243 times)

starvin

Re: Race Tuner
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2004, 10:23:21 PM »

are you using windows 98, or xp. I see there are some bootloader problems with other systems, I still don't know what the hell a bootloader is. I have the same problem around here with dealerships and am surprised at how little some people who are supposed to know actually know, if anyone is going to play trial and error with my bike it's going to be me, I work cheaper and I remember what I learn.

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2004, 04:25:31 AM »

are you using windows 98, or xp. I see there are some bootloader problems with other systems, I still don't know what the hell a bootloader is. I have the same problem around here with dealerships and am surprised at how little some people who are supposed to know actually know, if anyone is going to play trial and error with my bike it's going to be me, I work cheaper and I remember what I learn.

I'm using XP Starvin. I agree whole heartedly with you. These guys around my home town are as new and inexperienced as I am. Actually I may be one up on 'em. I have to go in blind all the time on robot and laser software. It's a little more complicated than PLC's automation so you'd think that I could solve this little dilemma. By the time I get all this figured out I should be a friggen RT expert! LMAO!

A bootloader is a DOS command. I'm not sure whether it's in the ECM or the RT software or possibly my computer. I have some ideas of what to try in the morning. It's a wild long shot .... but I'm gonna load the software onto my server and run it off of the laptop via wireless LAN. I think the server is a lot more DOS friendly than the laptop. That should eliminate a possibility or 2.

Thanks for the support, you have no idea how much it means to me! I truly appreciate your efforts, not to mention just having someone to bounce ideas off of! Thanx again!

Mark

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2004, 12:23:15 PM »

Harley Tech services in WI. think that it's a bad interface module. I have to send this one back to 'em and they'll send me a new one.

I tried loading your (starvin) file too but got the same error "unable to install bootloader". I can't wait to try it out!

Mark

starvin

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2004, 12:39:56 PM »

That sucks but I hope thats all it was, kind of nice that if you get an error with less than 30% downloaded it goes back to the original map and if you have a problem after that it won't let you start the bike, I didn't know that till yesterday....still learning

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2005, 09:52:05 AM »

Am i the only one who forgets which of these threads he left a post on ? (CRS) Anyway, I was talking about my 03 SERK with SE Breather Kit, Reinharts and an SE Race Tuner putting up 92 ftlbs and 89 hp and someone on one of these threads said I should be gettin better numbers and should change tuners  Soooooo  I sat down with the service manager at SD H-D and spoke to him about this and lo an behold he says that not all of his techs are as good as they could be at dyno tuning. He would like them to be, so he does not use only one guy all the time on the dyno. (management decisions are not always in the best interest of the customer but what the hell at least the guy was straight up with me )So, he pulled up my sheets  and agreed it should be better AND offered me a free dyno tune with the tech he considers his best. If I can just remember where this thread is I'll get back to you with the results in a couple of weeks  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2005, 10:05:58 AM »

Am i the only one who forgets which of these threads he left a post on ? (CRS) Anyway, I was talking about my 03 SERK with SE Breather Kit, Reinharts and an SE Race Tuner putting up 92 ftlbs and 89 hp and someone on one of these threads said I should be gettin better numbers and should change tuners
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2005, 01:30:10 PM »

Thanks 'Trash" ...and all this time I thought a boot-loader was a big shoe horn.Difference between software and leatherware I suppose.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
I may be one of the few that is satisfied with the dealer doing the SERT and the results, so I won't say more than that. I don't think running it without a dyno is going to really get the performance we're shooting for. My experience with the PCIII on 88" & 95",with and without a dyno run, convinced me that only with the real time feedback from the dyno run can you get it where you want it. The s/w downloads, either PCIII or SERT, alone are only ball park fixes IMHO. But, an extra 3-4 hrs of dyno $'s on top of an already expensive SERT is a factor. Whatcha gonna do ?
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2005, 05:20:46 PM »

Thanks 'Trash" ...and all this time I thought a boot-loader was a big shoe horn.Difference between software and leatherware I suppose.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2005, 09:21:29 AM »

I have the lastest 4.50 Race Tuner Software zipped up on my ftp server.

to log in copy the line below into your browser address line and then it should prompt for a password.

ftp://HDMonster@70.118.29.139/
password:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 12:48:26 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

starvin

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2005, 12:35:08 PM »

I don't think bikrtrsh is going to respond that was his last post over a year and a half ago.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2005, 12:46:08 PM »

Thanks, didnt bother to go all the way back to look at the dates :(

Software is still up there and available if anyone needs it or some help.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2005, 01:35:02 PM »

Hey JCZ   Just got my 03 SERK back from my dealer after the promised free redo on my racetuner dyno. Am now at 96 Ftlbs and 91 HP. Still not what some of you guys out there talk about. The only mods to the bike are Reinhart exhaust and a SE Breather. Are any of you guys really getting 100/100 rear wheel numbers with the same set up as I have ? Does having a 6 speed change the numbers at all ? This is really just a bench talk thing since the bike runs very strong and with minimal mods I don't have any reliability issues. Peace of mind in the middle of some of these 100 mile or more gaps between service areas.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2005, 02:08:54 PM »

Spiderman you're very close to the numbers I got on both my 05 and 04 which are posted inthe dyno area witht he same mods you have.   If you received the map from the dyno guy after he was done send me a PM I have a map you can try as long as you have theone to go back to.   I expect you may really like the map, but incase you dont you will be able to go back to the one you just had done.

-harry

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2005, 05:42:03 PM »

my numbers are in my signature. Only mods.race tuner and caliber pipes. Does the SEEG not have a stage 1 air cleaner stock??? Hmm Wierd, I thought the 103 would REQUIRE it.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2005, 08:39:26 PM »

Hey JCZ

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.