Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG  (Read 29880 times)

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
Re: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2009, 10:44:40 PM »

The Corbin should fit fine. Their seat pan is much stiffer that the factory unit so there will be no flex. 
Understood. What I meant was that I don't want him creating a support on the frame above the battery to keep the seat from dipping into the cavity since I'm dumping the stock seat anyway.
How does the MoCo fix this? replace the seat with a longer tongue or strengthen the pan... my guys fix is to support the wimp pan by making a support on the frame to keep it from dipping.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2009, 12:38:09 AM »

Understood. What I meant was that I don't want him creating a support on the frame above the battery to keep the seat from dipping into the cavity since I'm dumping the stock seat anyway.
How does the MoCo fix this? replace the seat with a longer tongue or strengthen the pan... my guys fix is to support the wimp pan by making a support on the frame to keep it from dipping.

I'm with you Myko.....that doesn't sound like a solution....sounds pretty much Joe Magee to me. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »

Yours may be different from mine but on mine that will not fix it. The seat only just touches the tip of the console at best. There is no overlap of the chrome console. Both my other seats overlap the console by 1.5 to 2 inches.

Personally I think the "give" is what makes this seat more comfortable. your dealers proposed "fix" does not address the seat and will likely make the seat uncomfortably stiffer. Changing the bike to fit the seat is a kind of backwards approach.

IF they made the seat 2" longer at the nose problem solved.

I do not plan on using this seat either but i want it made right on principle. Also for the next owner whenever that is.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2009, 11:58:44 AM »

Dealer heard back from the factory and what the Service Manager sez is that the MoCo told him that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. He also has another customer with an '09 SERG who is making the same complaint on the seat and the response was the same for both bikes and that they do not have a fix currently out for the dealers. They said they would take his fix of providing support above the battery but that to just basically hold tight while they work it out.
I'll see the SM again tomorrow and ask him what am I supposed to do in the meantime.. I don't want him putting in his fix as it may not work with the Corbin I'm waiting for anyway..
Just wanted to report this back to the thread.

Here is my take on this whole seat issue.... bet you have departments arguing over who is to fault on this.. the design team wants a short low cut seat that does not extend like the standard seat on the street/road- glides... and they telling the engineering department to make it work and the engineering department is saying just make it longer... so they come back and say that is not the style they want... all while the bean counters are saying make it as cost effective (cheap) a fix as you can... so then they start going back and forth again on how to keep the style in the design department while the enginneering department tells them how to design it and so on it goes... and nothing gets done.... 3 4 or maybe 5 departments arguing while nothing gets done....

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »

Personally I think the "give" is what makes this seat more comfortable. your dealers proposed "fix" does not address the seat and will likely make the seat uncomfortably stiffer. Changing the bike to fit the seat is a kind of backwards approach.
I do not plan on using this seat either but i want it made right on principle. Also for the next owner whenever that is.
Complete agreement! our problems are the same, mile by mile, the seat fails to regain it's last position.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »

I guess we can add the recall for tank/frame to the list.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2009, 05:32:36 PM »

I guess we can add the recall for tank/frame to the list.

Did you receive a recall letter? I have not received a letter (yet) SESG-Spiced Rum...

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »

Well unfortunately I just experienced  some new issues with the paint on my Candy Concord 2010 CVO Street Glide.

1. The left rear lower saddlebag has gel coat runs under the paint and clearcoat. It  will need replacement to make it right.

ALSO, the top left side of the gas tank has a small circular yellowish/rust stain about the size of a pencil eraser that appeared recently. It is under the clear coat as well. I am thinking replacement.

In addition there are 2 circular stains on the top of the fender near the front. They could be finger prints that weren't wiped clean before the paint/primer process. They seem to be the same color as the tank stain and are under the clear coat as well but are larger...about the size of a dime. The fender will need to be replaced as well.

FWIW: My bike is stored inside a heated and air conditioned garage and is kept pristine and waxed.

It has just over 1k miles on it and is barely 4 months old.

I plan on making a visit to the dealer in the next week or so and will update this post on the progress or lack thereof. I am not looking forward to a wrestling match over this but maybe it won't happen.

I mention this in case other members may run into the same issues.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:29:06 PM by CVOStreetglide »

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »

haven't noticed any of these on my Tequila (not sure if I would be able to see rust regardless)  but appreciate the heads up!!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »

>:(
Got my love letter from MOCO about the tank fix.  My SESG was already at my dealer for new tank and seat.  I talked with the SM and they had yet to receive the parts for the fix and did not know when they would get them. Sure glad it's 5 degrees outside.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »

Got the recall on mine last week.I'll try not to have a headon bad enough to bend the frame 'till I get back home & have it fixed.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »

Was walking through a nearby HD dealership with a T-shirt that I'd bought for a buddy when I saw it...a brand new 2010 CVO Street Glide with a tequila sunrise paint job...it was love at first sight!!!  I had to have that bike.  A couple of days and many dollars later, it was mine!  I live in MN and the riding season is coming to an end although it's been sunny and in the low 50s for the last week.  I took the bike out for a 100 mile ride and loved every minute of it!  Absolutely amazing, absolutely beautiful!  Toward the end of the ride I was stopped at a stoplight waiting for the green and noticed a strange "clacking" sound that seemed to be coming from the left hand side of the engine, down near the front, behind the primary maybe.  A tech listened to it and thought it might have been a problem with the self adjusting primary chain tensioner.  After taking a look at it, the tech decided the tensioner was working fine and told me that he would call HD.  HD told him that they are aware of the noise that quite a few of the 110 Screaming Eagles are making and that they don't quite know what it is yet.  I read this thread, and saw a couple references to the "clacking" noise.  Sure would appreciate feedback from others that are noticing the noise...what is it...what can be done about it...what's the deal?   I had that issue many years ago on an 89 HD, when I pulled the primary cover, the compensating nut was loose and about ready to come off.  Not sure if your tech checked the nut, it takes a big socket which he should have.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Scrmeagle

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »

Corbin and 240 Performance Machine

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2010, 11:35:33 AM »

Corbin and 240 Performance Machine

Not sure what this has to do with problems or issues of the 2010 Screamin Eagle Street Glide?   Did you post on the wrong board maybe?  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »

Well unfortunately I just experienced  some new issues with the paint on my Candy Concord 2010 CVO Street Glide.

1. The left rear lower saddlebag has gel coat runs under the paint and clearcoat. It  will need replacement to make it right.

ALSO, the top left side of the gas tank has a small circular yellowish/rust stain about the size of a pencil eraser that appeared recently. It is under the clear coat as well. I am thinking replacement.

In addition there are 2 circular stains on the top of the fender near the front. They could be finger prints that weren't wiped clean before the paint/primer process. They seem to be the same color as the tank stain and are under the clear coat as well but are larger...about the size of a dime. The fender will need to be replaced as well.

FWIW: My bike is stored inside a heated and air conditioned garage and is kept pristine and waxed.

It has just over 1k miles on it and is barely 4 months old.

I plan on making a visit to the dealer in the next week or so and will update this post on the progress or lack thereof. I am not looking forward to a wrestling match over this but maybe it won't happen.

I mention this in case other members may run into the same issues.

2/16-- I just got back from the dealer and the factory rep agreed with me and had them order the parts. They wanted me to know that it may take awhile though--3 weeks up to 2 months. I don't care I am on record and can now wait it out.  

I'll let everyone know when the job is completed.  

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:07:26 PM by CVOStreetglide »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 25 queries.