Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Cheap Garmin 1450 clone ??  (Read 12011 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Re: Cheap Garmin 1450 clone ??
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:17 AM »

Its been working great, but I could kick myself for not getting the combo with the camera for a few bucks more. I would highly recommend this outfit to get it from. Doc

http://stores.ebay.com/magicshop88                                         
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:44:24 AM by grandpadoc »

05Ultra

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 08:43:36 PM »

Glad to hear it! I may talk myself into one ... ;D
 Then I can put the zumo back on the bike full time.
All the bells and whistles. Including 6 speed, GPS and heated grips.
OK, I'm getting old. Get over it!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »

I damaged my Cheap Garmin Clone on our cross country trip and got another one. Its been updated with new software and is easier to use with convenient apps on the start up page. Now it has Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint along with all the other stuff on a 4GB SD card. There is 2GB left for ebooks, videos, pics, music and whatever. I was a little nervous about the fitment on the previous RAM Garmin 1400 bike mount, but it works as before.
Looks like it will act as a entertainment center and professional office tool now, although I can't imagine needing it for word processing or a presentation. When I get around to it I'll hook it up to my projector and printer and see what happens. This thing is getting nuts and did I mention its also a gps. :o   Doc

05Ultra

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »

I got the one with the remote backup camera and has worked great!. (for my truck...not the Harley!LOL) Its not a Garmin by any stretch, but it gets the job done. Even has a few bells and whistles that my ZUMO doesn't. For the price you can't beat it..
Thanks for your review on this Doc! How would we find out about new toys if it wasn't for these forums. ;)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »

Doc, looked at the web site you posted, which model do you have, there are some as low as $75.00 heck of a deal.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »

Doc, looked at the web site you posted, which model do you have, there are some as low as $75.00 heck of a deal.

I just received the 5" with the 4GB SD card and I paid 87.99 plus shipping.  Doc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360314197160&viewitem=
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:05:27 PM by grandpadoc »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »

Thanks Doc, did you get your bike back yet?
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »

Thanks Doc, did you get your bike back yet?

It's still in Ohio waiting for parts. I'm hoping to get everyting together again sometime in December.  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »

It's still in Ohio waiting for parts. I'm hoping to get everyting together again sometime in December.  Doc

Had missed you were rebuilding the SERG Doc.  Read of the accident.  Memory was that it was considered a total.  How totaled was it?  Frame straight?

Is it waiting for parts in Ohio only enough to make it roll and get home?  Or will the bike be repaired when it returns?  Sorry for all the questions.  Hard not to be curious about the ever fewer examples of these great old bikes.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2010, 09:19:21 PM »

I'm happy to say they are repairing it and the tech sounds like he is into CVO's so its in good hands. I had them include shipping in with the estimate cause I'm not eager to pick up the bike in December in Ohio. I got another used trailer on line from a dealer and it looks like the color will work. This is all a little scarry since its site unseen with both the bike and trailer. Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 09:26:23 PM »

I'm happy to say they are repairing it and the tech sounds like he is into CVO's so its in good hands. I had them include shipping in with the estimate cause I'm not eager to pick up the bike in December in Ohio. I got another used trailer on line from a dealer and it looks like the color will work. This is all a little scarry since its site unseen with both the bike and trailer. Doc

It's good news this is a resurrection.  Really good.  Will keep my finger crossed that the bike comes home in great shape.  Is the shop sending any in progress pics and what model is the new trailer?

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »

No progress pics and the trailer is the Turbo + 2 Prestige Package with the garmet bag, rack, and funky bumper with Peterson lights. I'll probably ditch the bumper and get the 00 graphics done on it. I definitly will like the bigger tires and current shocks...Bushtec doesn't supply either one of them for the older "Ultimate" series.

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »

I bought the earlier version from magicshop88 that Doc had and it's worked great.  Also, magicshop88 has been great for post sale support.  I screwed up the software and he sent me software to reboot the unit.  Siince Doc posted the newer offering, I contacted magicship88 about getting the 2010 map, and he's sending it to me w/o charge.

I have the unit hardwired to my bike for both charging and AUX so I can play music on the 4GB SD card and get voice directions via the bike's sound system.  Only thing it doesn't do is provide Bluetooth sound through the sound system; at least I haven't figured out how to get it to do this.  If it did, I'd buy the BOMM and see if it will work like the BOMM does with the Zumo GPS units.

Thanks to Doc for helping me with my original purchase, mounting bracket selection, and understanding how the unit works.

For $87, the newer version is an even better bargain.

Carl 

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »

I bought the earlier version from magicshop88 that Doc had and it's worked great.  Also, magicshop88 has been great for post sale support.  I screwed up the software and he sent me software to reboot the unit.  Since Doc posted the newer offering, I contacted magicship88 about getting the 2010 map, and he's sending it to me w/o charge.

I have the unit hardwired to my bike for both charging and AUX so I can play music on the 4GB SD card and get voice directions via the bike's sound system.  Only thing it doesn't do is provide Bluetooth sound through the sound system; at least I haven't figured out how to get it to do this.  If it did, I'd buy the BOMM and see if it will work like the BOMM does with the Zumo GPS units.

Thanks to Doc for helping me with my original purchase, mounting bracket selection, and understanding how the unit works.

For $87, the newer version is an even better bargain.

Carl 

I have had the same experience with the post sale support also. I sent him a 4GB card and had him upgrade my maps on it for free. The new maps are trick with the freeway signs and buildings going by as you see them. I haven't played with my new one enough yet to see if the bluetooth will work through the speakers, but I know it only works when the navigation is off. My micrometer says it still uses the Garmin 1400 series case so I could still use my previous RAM cradle and handlebar mounting system. The new cpu is stronger and the gps start up is significantly faster than the previous model and it sells for less...go figure. Next rainy day I'll play with it some more and see what happens with the new stuff cause it doesn't come with a very good operating manual, but neither does the Garmin for that matter. Oh by the way I drove with it for several days in the rain on the coast to coast trip and covered it with a zip lock freezer bag and it worked fine, it just won't survive a 60 mph crash !!  Doc

05Ultra

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »

We're certainly glad you survived!
I'll have to try dropping him a note on that upgrade.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.