Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Cams  (Read 9406 times)

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
Cams
« on: February 05, 2010, 07:59:28 PM »

I want to know if any one has put or plans to put drop in cams in their 2010 SE SG.  :pumpkin:
I want sugesstions on what cam to use.
I am going to put on Vance and Hines head pipes (True duals) and  Vance and Hines Hi Output Slip ons.
and a SERT then Dyno tune.
Also should I have the Vance and Hines head pipes jet hot coated?

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: Cams
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »

my take, email or call James or Brad at:

http://www.yuillbros.com/index.html

jeffj

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:32:03 PM »

I want to know if any one has put or plans to put drop in cams in their 2010 SE SG.  :pumpkin:
I want sugesstions on what cam to use.
I am going to put on Vance and Hines head pipes (True duals) and  Vance and Hines Hi Output Slip ons.
and a SERT then Dyno tune.
Also should I have the Vance and Hines head pipes jet hot coated?

Click on this link for the info on my cams, the dyno sheet, etc.   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44545.0

I brake the 100 ft. lbs. of Tq. at about 2,700 rpm.  I'm very happy with it......especially because I didn't have to buy an expensive exhaust system or do any head work to achieve that. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
Thanks JC
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 08:48:04 AM »

Thanks for the info
Dave B

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »

You're welcome Dave. 

Let us know what performance mods you end up with and post up the dyno sheet. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »

JC/Jim...I have been following this thread from the start and "bang for the buck" I think you guys have come up with an option which meets my budget, is the least evasive option for a brand new engine and exceeds what I was looking for in performance.  A couple remaining questions though...when I went to the Fueling website and looked at the specs, it indicated "performance valve springs, pushrods and lifters required"  So given your approach to this upgrade, I can only assume our stock 110 meets or exceeds this requirement for the 574 cam? 

I have not approached my dealer with my my second question....what will this type of mod do to my warranty? Is it even plausible my dealer will honor my warranty (engine) with a cam change, even if I have them do the complete install, dyno, etc?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »

There was some concern about going with these cams without at least bumping the compression.  (That could have been accomplished by just changing the head gaskets).  However, Jim called Riviera and discussed the 110" using these cams.  They indicated that they'd done research on the 110" motor with stock compression and stock heads and that it was good cams for the 110".

Technically, a failure has to be directly related to the modification in order for them to void the warranty, according to the Magnussen Moss Warranty Act.  However, there were a lot of dealerships that were denying warranty claims for just about any modification until the market turned. 

That didn't seem to be the case out west here.  I've had every motor modified with at least the basics (cams, air cleaner, exhaust and tuners) and back in the Evo's days, even head work, oil pumps, etc. and never had an issue with a warranty claim.  Never known of anybody else to have one, either......but had read of people back east having issues.

Now that the market has turned, seems more and more dealerships are needing (and "wanting") the business and are honering the warranty unless the failure is truely directly related to the failure.

West Coast GTG   

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 11:49:46 AM »

JCZ,

I'm thinking of having some engine work done on my 2010 SESG, and having cams installed along with diamond cutting the heads.  With regards to the cams, any recommendations on what cams that have been proven good to use with the 110.  Do you have a preference of manufacturer?

Thanks
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »

JCZ,

I'm thinking of having some engine work done on my 2010 SESG, and having cams installed along with diamond cutting the heads.  With regards to the cams, any recommendations on what cams that have been proven good to use with the 110.  Do you have a preference of manufacturer?

Thanks

See post #2 above.

West Coast GTG   

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 05:25:21 PM »

X2
on the Fueling 574 Cams  :2vrolijk_21: Now several of us have followed JCZ on this mod all with great results! :huepfenjump3:

No one can can get more bang out of "You're Money" Then JCZ  :coolblue:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:30:21 PM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 05:33:32 PM »

X2
on the Fueling 574 Cams  :2vrolijk_21: Now several of us have followed JCZ on this mod all with great results! :huepfenjump3:

No one can can get more bang out of "You're Money" Then JCZ  :coolblue:

Very True!!!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 06:56:44 PM »

X2

No one can can get more bang out of "You're Money" Then JCZ  :coolblue:

As far as the cams go......it was Jim (hd-dude on this forum) that talked me into first trying them.  Several of the Nor Cal members have them now, as well as a number of SESG owners across the nation. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »

What kind of cost am I looking at to drop these in?
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »

What kind of cost am I looking at to drop these in?

Give Jim (hd-dude on this forum) a call at Metal Dragon in Hayward, Ca.  He can answer your questions and get the cams off to you. 

West Coast GTG   

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »

A couple remaining questions though...when I went to the Fueling website and looked at the specs, it indicated "performance valve springs, pushrods and lifters required"  So given your approach to this upgrade, I can only assume our stock 110 meets or exceeds this requirement for the 574 cam?  

The Andrews 54H cams require no other mods than just the cams. And these are showing up in more and more 110 engines. Some are saying the 54H's are similar to the TW555's. that are getting a lot of press. just a lot cheaper. My requirements for engine builds are, in order: Quiet, drivability, economical ( I want good milage, don't know why but it's a must for me) and lastly, power. The 54H cams, along with a great tuner have worked wonderfully for my goals. I had them in my 08 103 (96 HP 120 TQ). They are now in my 09 CVO Fat Bob (waiting on the heads). And I'll be putting them in my 011 CVO SG shortly. And let me be clear. I'm not claiming these are the best cams out there and there may be superior cams and probably are. But for my riding style, the Andrews 54's are everything I could want.
 Gary
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.