Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: I Will Buy A New Harley When...  (Read 34095 times)

td119

• Elite CVO Member
Re: I Will Buy A New Harley When...
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2010, 08:32:23 AM »

I have a 09 SERG (my 3rd Harley) and it is a great bike !! Had small issues but nothing major the bike rides and handles great  :)  No other bike motor can compare to the sound of a Harley V-Twin with the right pipe's  :-*   Would I buy a new CVO ?  I do not think so used CVO prices have drop to a price point were you can pick up a 6 to 9 month old CVO bike for about 20% to 30% off MRSP.  And the bike is still under factory warranty.  :bananarock:

IMAbadman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 Anniversary #551 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »

I have a 09 SERG (my 3rd Harley) and it is a great bike !! Had small issues but nothing major the bike rides and handles great  :)  No other bike motor can compare to the sound of a Harley V-Twin with the right pipe's  :-*   Would I buy a new CVO ?  I do not think so used CVO prices have drop to a price point were you can pick up a 6 to 9 month old CVO bike for about 20% to 30% off MRSP.  And the bike is still under factory warranty.  :bananarock:

Nice...

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »

-----When they come out with another Road glide CVO plain. Meaning while a tour pak is nice when needed, I want to be able to remove it when on day rides, or without the BSR. Also, I don't want the lowers, so the RG Ultra is not an interest to me, although it looks real nice. With 22,000 on my 09, I either have to trade it after one more year, or keep it til the pipes fall off. Now I'll elect to keep it, as I have it set up just the way I want it and am happy with it.  There's just something nice about a new bike.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

heartshot

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »

Today my answer is Nothing!

SBB

But a used 06 or earlier, In a heartbeat!

Had my 05 UC stolen in April. I was going to buy a new 2011 SE...but after reading this thread, I decided to do some research and try and find a used SEUC...I found an 06 with less than 8K miles on it ...like new...good price..negotiated in taxes, title, and a 1 year warranty ...I guess I am now the owner of my first SE.....pick it up later this week.....come on springtime and sunshine!
Thank Guys!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »

Had my 05 UC stolen in April. I was going to buy a new 2011 SE...but after reading this thread, I decided to do some research and try and find a used SEUC...I found an 06 with less than 8K miles on it ...like new...good price..negotiated in taxes, title, and a 1 year warranty ...I guess I am now the owner of my first SE.....pick it up later this week.....come on springtime and sunshine!
Thank Guys!

Congrats!
Go to the new member section and introduce yourself.
And don't forget the pictures!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »

Thank Guys!

X2 what SBB said... Congrats!!! :2vrolijk_21:.... When you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:59 PM »

Thank Guys!

Congrats on your "new" ride.  I don't think you would have gone wrong with a new one, but to each his/her own.  As long as you're happy that's all that matters.  Just remember, in a forum like this, you're mainly only going to hear the complaints, so it will appear that they outweigh the good.  So don't always judge what's good or bad by what's said in here.  You'll get the truth, that's for sure, but you won't necessarily get a balanced view because those of us that haven't had any problems with our 110's aren't saying anything, cuz we don't have anything to b*tch about and we're happy.  ;)  JMO.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »

OK

I have posted about issues on my 09 SEUC.
Mine may be the only one that has had issues. (now that is funny)
But my posting about the issues is an effort to inform others of problems I have had.
And to inform people considering purchasing a new bike with a 110 of what potential problems they may encounter.
Some may pretend they have had no issues but all it takes is to go back and read their post.
Read their post, from tour pak replacement to gasket problems to cylinder liner movement.
Here's an example of another 110 from the gentleman above that supposedly had no issues,
Unfortunately, I barely made it to 5K before my first set started leaking...looking at how things are going, if I had more miles on the SEUC, I'd probably be on my third set of gaskets, or first set of new jugs...it's disheartening to know that this is going to happen and the MoCo isn't doing anything but band-aid (read cheap) fixes to the engine.
or
wipe the oil off of the cylinder fins with the survey form, take a pic with the survey form shoved in between the fins, and send them back with the statement, I just thought I'd send you proof that the 110's, contrary to the MoCo's "head in the sand stance", do have leaking problems.
Time seems to cloud people's memory.
Pretending there have been no issues does not negate the fact that there were issues.
I say again, best of luck to all that own a 110 but my experience has shown me that my 09 SEUC 110 is not the motor my 95's and 103's are or were.
I don't say that to offend anyone but to inform those owners of issues I have had.
Just like me, it's your money and you should spend it as you please.
Just remember, I wanted a winner when I bought the 09, turns out I bought into the dream also.

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:21 PM »

OK

I have posted about issues on my 09 SEUC.
Mine may be the only one that has had issues. (now that is funny)
But my posting about the issues is an effort to inform others of problems I have had.
And to inform people considering purchasing a new bike with a 110 of what potential problems they may encounter.
Some may pretend they have had no issues but all it takes is to go back and read their post.
Read their post, from tour pak replacement to gasket problems to cylinder liner movement.
Here's an example of another 110 from the gentleman above that supposedly had no issues, orTime seems to cloud people's memory.
Pretending there have been no issues does not negate the fact that there were issues.
I say again, best of luck to all that own a 110 but my experience has shown me that my 09 SEUC 110 is not the motor my 95's and 103's are or were.
I don't say that to offend anyone but to inform those owners of issues I have had.
Just like me, it's your money and you should spend it as you please.
Just remember, I wanted a winner when I bought the 09, turns out I bought into the dream also.

SBB

Chip, I could be wrong, but I believe both of those quotes you referred to were on 07 110, which had a known, and finally acknowledge, problem with the rear cylinder head.  I had a rear cylinder head gasket leak on my 07 110, and had the MoCo's product enhancement done, and never had another problem with that engine again.  But here's something, on my '02 88, guess what issues I had with that one?  You guessed it a leaking rear cylinder head gasket...did that make the 88's bad?  My point is, it's great to inform, but IMO there are potential issues with any HD purchase regardless of the engine.  Do I feel the 110 is any more susceptible to failure than any of the other engines?  I don't know, but like you, I just want  people to know that there are two sides to every coin.  I would imagine if you look far enough back in the threads you'll find issues with the 95's and 103's also. 

2012 FLHXSE3

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2010, 10:50:33 PM »

Chip, I could be wrong, but I believe both of those quotes you referred to were on 07 110, which had a known, and finally acknowledge, problem with the rear cylinder head.  I had a rear cylinder head gasket leak on my 07 110, and had the MoCo's product enhancement done, and never had another problem with that engine again.  But here's something, on my '02 88, guess what issues I had with that one?  You guessed it a leaking rear cylinder head gasket...did that make the 88's bad?  My point is, it's great to inform, but IMO there are potential issues with any HD purchase regardless of the engine.  Do I feel the 110 is any more susceptible to failure than any of the other engines?  I don't know, but like you, I just want  people to know that there are two sides to every coin.  I would imagine if you look far enough back in the threads you'll find issues with the 95's and 103's also.  

Thanks Charley.
I agree there are two sides to every coin but I also think an informed purchaser is an educated purchaser. I would like to think/hope that the issues I have had are a minority in the big 110 picture. But whether it's a minority or much more, my goal is to inform others of potential issues. I was informed and chose to buy one and move ahead. Today with 48K miles on an 09 bike I probably have experienced most of the issues I can. (knock on wood) With that experience has come the knowledge of what, how and who can help me to resolve any future issue. That knowledge/experience is why I still own that bike today!
Thanks for your response!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2010, 11:29:51 AM »

I think what Chip is saying is we would all hope to draw the long straw, and for the price of a new CVO they should ALL come with a long straw.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »

Maybe a lot of the engine issues have slowed down, but reading about
current issues over the past few months, I'm thinking they moved. Now it seems
to be paint, scratches, wrong body panels, wheel weights, electronics, etc.
I'm somewhat on Chip's side, as long as you know what your getting into!
I've stuck with my 06, and so far I've drawn the "LONG" straw.
The "TAZMUN"

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »

I think what Chip is saying is we would all hope to draw the long straw, and for the price of a new CVO they should ALL come with a long straw.

I agree, and in a perfect world, that would happen.  But, even if you buy the top of line Mercedes, you can still end up with the short straw.  No matter how much you pay for any kind of a vehicle, are you guaranteed that you're going to get the long straw and not have problems.  Some have problems, some don't, and the very unfortunate ones get lemons.

Now with the paint issues and stuff like that, I agree, that's just pi$$-poor QC on the MoCo's part and whomever is in charge of that division, along with all the inspectors, should be fired!!  IMO.  

2012 FLHXSE3

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »

Red, I agree. I should have said alot higher percentage should have come with the long straw, at least the 07-08's. Personally I knew I was in for trouble when I took the stock AC off and found the TB gasket sitting in the middle of the hole and knowing some SOB at the factory drilled the screws in looking right at it installing it that way.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »

I don't get Red Devil's reasoning.  Why should paint issues be looked at any differently than repetitive engine, electronic, or other problems? :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 24 queries.