Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Author Topic: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop  (Read 25650 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
BLUU Back in the Harley Shop
« on: January 31, 2011, 09:14:05 AM »

BLUU once again is back in the dealer. On a 70 degree day here in Tucson we decided to ride through town and BLUU got so hot that all I could here from one stop light to another was pinging,grinding and lack of performance. When I got home I checked my oil temp on this 70 degree day and my oil temp was 298 degrees. I have also developed a whinning noise in my Tranny when I let off the power in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th and 6th gears I get a high pitch whin. I dropped it off Sat and told them that they could keep it for the duration untill they could fix that 110 motor and Tranny if indeed that is the Tranny making all that noise. It seems to run good when it's nice and cool outside and I'm doing 75,80 on the freeway but if you drive it in town from stop light to stoplight it really overheats on a 70 degree day. THE BLACKHOLE SYNDROME!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop(Update)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »

Harley called me yesterday and told me my motor was toast. Crank all messed up and Pistons and Cylinders scoured real bad. They stated that my motor was just like it was the last time when they replaced my motor with a new one. They will be in touch with Tech support today to determine if they want to ship me another new motor on a crate of if they will completely rebuild my current motor at my local dealer. I would rather my dealer rebuild it over Harley shipping me another new motor that will have the same problem. I will keep you posted on all the detailed findings. You gotta love them 110's!!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:52:59 AM »

Wow.  Just ......... wow.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop(Update)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:00:41 AM »

Harley called me yesterday and told me my motor was toast. Crank all messed up and Pistons and Cylinders scoured real bad. They stated that my motor was just like it was the last time when they replaced my motor with a new one. They will be in touch with Tech support today to determine if they want to ship me another new motor on a crate of if they will completely rebuild my current motor at my local dealer. I would rather my dealer rebuild it over Harley shipping me another new motor that will have the same problem. I will keep you posted on all the detailed findings. You gotta love them 110's!!!

Sorry to hear about your problems. It is unbelievable, two motors???  How many miles on this motor? Any mods?

Good luck.

JW

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 09:10:42 AM »

Wow two motors, how long in between the two milage wise, good luck
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »

Wow.  Just ......... wow.

I agree!

To those that think the 110 is the greatest thing Harley has ever done, I just hope you didn't draw the short straw.
Time will tell if you have. (time = mileage)
Based on my own experience I feel it's not a question of "IF", it's a question of when.
I am very thankfull I have 2 95"'s and a 103" for backup.

SBB

And DesertBear54, I hate it for you. Your like most of us, we bought these bikes to ride not to work on.

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 09:46:26 AM »

First motor was changed out at 6000 miles and I believe this time I have about 16,000 total on bike and just about 10,000 miles on the second motor. The only thing I did to BLUU was put a custom Thompson Intake on it with CFR Slip-ons. I also installed a SERT and had it dyno'd. I have been running Amsoil 20/50 in the motor and Redline in the P & T. I'm getting a little gun shy on this 110 motor for future riding.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:00:20 AM »

First motor was changed out at 6000 miles and I believe this time I have about 16,000 total on bike and just about 10,000 miles on the second motor. The only thing I did to BLUU was put a custom Thompson Intake on it with CFR Slip-ons. I also installed a SERT and had it dyno'd. I have been running Amsoil 20/50 in the motor and Redline in the P & T. I'm getting a little gun shy on this 110 motor for future riding.

Again, really sorry to hear about your problems on basically a stock 110. I accept my 117's problems are on me. I decided to build her up so I take the risk. Here's hoping your next 110 holds together.  :2vrolijk_21:

JW

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »

Sorry to hear this, sure sounds familiar  :(
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 10:25:01 AM »

Is it getting replaced under warranty?

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »

I feel bad for you, wish you a speedy satisfactory conclusion.  Definitely not trying to rub anyone the wrong way but the amount of issues we have had to endure can be financially overwhelming.  There are some of us that just can't afford the repairs, improvements, modifications etc.  Warranties & ESP eventually expire leaving us with potential money pits. I read the forum often and post very little due to my poor writing skills.  I feel fortunate to have access to the knowledge and assistance available on this site.  I'm sure I'm not alone but I'm so darn confused about which direction to go with my 08 SERK it's driving me away from wanting to proceed with my original plans.  In my case I have to look at the big picture and I certainly can't afford to fix what the moco could & should have done.  I've reached the point where I won't and can't continue to throw more money at it.  I do admit just how good it feels when I'm out riding, problems just evaporate, I'm doing what I was born to do.  Love the ride hate the MOCO. Sorry for the rant it's just that it seems these failures are getting to be to commom and we are getting acclimated to these situations.  Some have the attitude of buy the bike, but plan on having plenty of spare cash to finish the bike so it will take you home.   Having to replace motors like other manufacturers replace normal wear items is getting to easily acceptable.  I know I don't feel comfortable riding with my wife on a country back road on a Sunday evening knowing it's all to common for something to happen and be left stranded.  We pay good money and just want to enjoy our purchase, I would really love to have an 09 SERG or a 2010 SESG but even if I could do it financially I just don't think I could ever support HD again.  

My apologies if I have offended anyone, I have always had difficulties putting my thoughts in print.

Good luck on your repairs and hope you get to ride many trouble miles.

Ray G.        

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »

I feel bad for you, wish you a speedy satisfactory conclusion.  Definitely not trying to rub anyone the wrong way but the amount of issues we have had to endure can be financially overwhelming.  There are some of us that just can't afford the repairs, improvements, modifications etc.  Warranties & ESP eventually expire leaving us with potential money pits. I read the forum often and post very little due to my poor writing skills.  I feel fortunate to have access to the knowledge and assistance available on this site.  I'm sure I'm not alone but I'm so darn confused about which direction to go with my 08 SERK it's driving me away from wanting to proceed with my original plans.  In my case I have to look at the big picture and I certainly can't afford to fix what the moco could & should have done.  I've reached the point where I won't and can't continue to throw more money at it.  I do admit just how good it feels when I'm out riding, problems just evaporate, I'm doing what I was born to do.  Love the ride hate the MOCO. Sorry for the rant it's just that it seems these failures are getting to be to commom and we are getting acclimated to these situations.  Some have the attitude of buy the bike, but plan on having plenty of spare cash to finish the bike so it will take you home.   Having to replace motors like other manufacturers replace normal wear items is getting to easily acceptable.  I know I don't feel comfortable riding with my wife on a country back road on a Sunday evening knowing it's all to common for something to happen and be left stranded.  We pay good money and just want to enjoy our purchase, I would really love to have an 09 SERG or a 2010 SESG but even if I could do it financially I just don't think I could ever support HD again.  

My apologies if I have offended anyone, I have always had difficulties putting my thoughts in print.

Good luck on your repairs and hope you get to ride many trouble miles.

Ray G.        

Great post Ray!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »

x3
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »

'07 and '08 failures became somewhat commonplace, but with what seemed like fewer and fewer reports of problems with the '09s and '10s, I was beginning to think things were looking up for the 110 and came close to dumping my reliable 103 for an '11 a few weeks ago.  I decided to wait and see what, if anything, was in store for a mid-year release since it was so close and now on the eve of that release comes this story of multiple engine replacements on a 2010 model.  Yeah, this is only one man's experience, but, along with thinking about the 35,000 trouble-free (though, admittedly, at times very high-speed wobbly! :o) miles I've put on the '04 103, it definitely has me reconsidering whether or not I want to roll the dice on a new one. :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 20 queries.