Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Visit to Traxxion Dynamics  (Read 6829 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Visit to Traxxion Dynamics
« on: May 01, 2011, 03:06:35 PM »

Well, after having Traxxion AK 20's on both of my '06 bikes, which now have new homes, I just couldn't stand not having them on the new SERGU, and I said back then that I'd never have another HD without their suspension on the front...sooooo, I made an appointment for this past Friday and made the ride over to Woodstock, GA.  It's about 140 miles from my house to their shop, and I lose an hour going over, so I left B'ham about 6 AM Friday morning, and got there about 10AM...I took mostly back roads to avoid Atlanta interstate traffic.  Dan wrote me up and one of their newer techs (Tony) pulled the bike up on the lift and got started about 10:30 or so.  Tony took great care to protect the bike's paint, just like they did previously.  They really are a class act at Traxxion...they even let me borrow the shop's tricked out Gold Wing to ride when it came time to eat lunch.  Tony is great...he had the bike back together at 2:00.  They have really got taking the HD forks off down to a fine art...when Don and I had ours done back in '07, it took them most of the day to get the work done...now, it's less than 4 hours, and that included a lunch break for Tony.

Once again, all I can say about the Traxxion AK 20 cartridges is WOW  :2vrolijk_21:  Again, a night and day difference over the crap that Harley calls front suspension.  The bike now has that familiar feel that I enjoyed so much on the other bikes.  I said it back then, and I'll say it again...it's the best money I've ever spent on a motorcycle.  It just makes the bike more pleasurable to ride, and safer to boot...the front just absorbs every little bump, and those teeth jarring sharp edged bumps in the road are simply absorbed like they aren't even there.  The bike tracks 100% better, and is totally predictable in curves, even if you have to make a mid turn corrrection.  The bike just responds better to every input from the rider to the bars.

Yes, there are cheaper alternatives to the Traxxion system, but there is NOTHING that can compare to their product, IMO.  Two thumbs up to everyone at Traxxion...they are a class act, with the best customer service I've ever received.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Can't recommend them highly enough...if you want the best front suspension out there for a HD, get Traxxion Dynamics...you will not be dissapointed.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
Re: Visit to Traxxion Dynamics
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:05:04 PM »

Well, after having Traxxion AK 20's on both of my '06 bikes, which now have new homes, I just couldn't stand not having them on the new SERGU, and I said back then that I'd never have another HD without their suspension on the front...sooooo, I made an appointment for this past Friday and made the ride over to Woodstock, GA.  It's about 140 miles from my house to their shop, and I lose an hour going over, so I left B'ham about 6 AM Friday morning, and got there about 10AM...I took mostly back roads to avoid Atlanta interstate traffic.  Dan wrote me up and one of their newer techs (Tony) pulled the bike up on the lift and got started about 10:30 or so.  Tony took great care to protect the bike's paint, just like they did previously.  They really are a class act at Traxxion...they even let me borrow the shop's tricked out Gold Wing to ride when it came time to eat lunch.  Tony is great...he had the bike back together at 2:00.  They have really got taking the HD forks off down to a fine art...when Don and I had ours done back in '07, it took them most of the day to get the work done...now, it's less than 4 hours, and that included a lunch break for Tony.

Once again, all I can say about the Traxxion AK 20 cartridges is WOW  :2vrolijk_21:  Again, a night and day difference over the crap that Harley calls front suspension.  The bike now has that familiar feel that I enjoyed so much on the other bikes.  I said it back then, and I'll say it again...it's the best money I've ever spent on a motorcycle.  It just makes the bike more pleasurable to ride, and safer to boot...the front just absorbs every little bump, and those teeth jarring sharp edged bumps in the road are simply absorbed like they aren't even there.  The bike tracks 100% better, and is totally predictable in curves, even if you have to make a mid turn corrrection.  The bike just responds better to every input from the rider to the bars.

Yes, there are cheaper alternatives to the Traxxion system, but there is NOTHING that can compare to their product, IMO.  Two thumbs up to everyone at Traxxion...they are a class act, with the best customer service I've ever received.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Can't recommend them highly enough...if you want the best front suspension out there for a HD, get Traxxion Dynamics...you will not be dissapointed.

May I ask the cost ?

And web site

2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »

http://www.traxxion.com/harley-davidsonmotorcyclessuspensionupgrade.aspx

$1300 installed

Correct...we get a little discount from them.  It's expensive, relatively speaking, but worth every penny, IMO.  But, folks here spend that much on exhaust systems, so it really isn't anything new to spend that kind of money on a bike that already "has it all"  ;)

TTS Mastertune

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:03:09 PM »

Correct...we get a little discount from them.  It's expensive, relatively speaking, but worth every penny, IMO.  But, folks here spend that much on exhaust systems, so it really isn't anything new to spend that kind of money on a bike that already "has it all"  ;)

Thanks...
2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 09:01:41 PM »

when Don and I had ours done back in '07, it took them most of the day to get the work done...now, it's less than 4 hours, and that included a lunch break for Tony.

That was a fun trip even with the long day at TD.  On the Thursday I got there when they opened and finally rolled away about 7:30 that evening.  Nearly twelve hours but they were figuring a lot of things out.  Next day Terry was in and they cut the time by a lot.  Both of us loved the result though. 

Hey TC, remember going through that (I think) National Forest on the way back to your place?  We both stopped to figure out what the new noise was we were hearing.  Then the next stop we both were surprised over how different the lines were we had to use running the bike through curves. 

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 09:55:52 PM »

I agree. I hate to admit what I've already spent on mine.  :o

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:15 PM »

x2
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »

Well, after having Traxxion AK 20's on both of my '06 bikes, which now have new homes, I just couldn't stand not having them on the new SERGU, and I said back then that I'd never have another HD without their suspension on the front...sooooo, I made an appointment for this past Friday and made the ride over to Woodstock, GA.  It's about 140 miles from my house to their shop, and I lose an hour going over, so I left B'ham about 6 AM Friday morning, and got there about 10AM...I took mostly back roads to avoid Atlanta interstate traffic.  Dan wrote me up and one of their newer techs (Tony) pulled the bike up on the lift and got started about 10:30 or so.  Tony took great care to protect the bike's paint, just like they did previously.  They really are a class act at Traxxion...they even let me borrow the shop's tricked out Gold Wing to ride when it came time to eat lunch.  Tony is great...he had the bike back together at 2:00.  They have really got taking the HD forks off down to a fine art...when Don and I had ours done back in '07, it took them most of the day to get the work done...now, it's less than 4 hours, and that included a lunch break for Tony.

Once again, all I can say about the Traxxion AK 20 cartridges is WOW  :2vrolijk_21:  Again, a night and day difference over the crap that Harley calls front suspension.  The bike now has that familiar feel that I enjoyed so much on the other bikes.  I said it back then, and I'll say it again...it's the best money I've ever spent on a motorcycle.  It just makes the bike more pleasurable to ride, and safer to boot...the front just absorbs every little bump, and those teeth jarring sharp edged bumps in the road are simply absorbed like they aren't even there.  The bike tracks 100% better, and is totally predictable in curves, even if you have to make a mid turn corrrection.  The bike just responds better to every input from the rider to the bars.

Yes, there are cheaper alternatives to the Traxxion system, but there is NOTHING that can compare to their product, IMO.  Two thumbs up to everyone at Traxxion...they are a class act, with the best customer service I've ever received.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Can't recommend them highly enough...if you want the best front suspension out there for a HD, get Traxxion Dynamics...you will not be dissapointed.

Couldn't agree more!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:18 AM »

Couldn't agree more!   :2vrolijk_21:

x2. I have them on all three of my bikes and riding is such a pleasure with them.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »

That was a fun trip even with the long day at TD.  On the Thursday I got there when they opened and finally rolled away about 7:30 that evening.  Nearly twelve hours but they were figuring a lot of things out.  Next day Terry was in and they cut the time by a lot.  Both of us loved the result though. 

Hey TC, remember going through that (I think) National Forest on the way back to your place?  We both stopped to figure out what the new noise was we were hearing.  Then the next stop we both were surprised over how different the lines were we had to use running the bike through curves. 

Yes, Don....remember that ride back to B'ham that evening well.  I could immediately tell when leaving the Traxxion parking lot that the bike felt completely different, but wanted to put it through a few familiar curves, so took the long way home through the National Forrest/State Park.  Immediately noticed that I had to adjust my entry/exit to a curve because the bike just tracked like it was on rails.  Quickly got used to it though...when I got this bike, I could tell that because of the new frame the bike handled "better", but the front end still had that old, sloppy feel, and excessive dive when getting on the now much better brakes.  So, had to go ahead and do what I knew would make me happy and not try to cut corners on something that is very important to me, and in fact, makes the bike safer to drive in every respect.  It was great to see Dan and a few of the other familiar faces at Traxxion's shop...they have added another CNC machine or two...in fact, they are producing, in house, a fork brace for the Wings, and of all things:  mouthpieces for Saxaphones due to some friend of theirs needing a better design to allow him to play better.  They are making them out of stainless, aluminum, brass, and a plastic compound...all machined in house, just like everything else they do.  Those guys are precision machinists and take great pride in everything they produce.
Dan and I discussed a possible height adjustable shock absorber for the rear end that would work with hydraulic fluid rather than air...now THAT would be some cool chit.  Though air, like on the Legends, works, it is not the ideal medium.

TTS Mastertune

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »

Glad to hear another good report for the Traxxion crew, leaving sunday from Va headed down for the install on monday.  :orange:
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »

http://www.traxxion.com/harley-davidsonmotorcyclessuspensionupgrade.aspx

$1300 installed

The thing that amazes me is the install is only $150......since it is quite a ride for me I was hoping to save a little more by doing it myself.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »

Glad to hear another good report for the Traxxion crew, leaving sunday from Va headed down for the install on monday.  :orange:

That'll be a nice ride...tell Dan, Mike, Max, and the nice lady in the office (can't remember her name) that Terry from B'ham says Hey...

TTS Mastertune

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »

I've ridden two different model/year H-D's before and after with the TD - AK-20 kit installed. I can honestly say that if you've got the time and $1,300 the kit is worth the money. It makes a very noticeable difference in the ride characteristics of the motorcycle.  One thing I'd like to make clear here though. You're not going to make a Buell out of a bagger even with the $1,300 front end suspension and another $900 or so on the Bitubo shocks. There's a lot you can do to your ride for the same $2,200 which includes adding a pair of Progressive shocks on the rear, changing out your stock fork springs to Progressive and maybe adding a gold cartridge as well. That should still leave you with about $1,000 to spend on the big three (Intake/Exhaust/Ignition) My point ? How you spend your money depends on how much you have. I have never spent the money on an AK-20 kit because I just don't see it as adding enough to my ride to justify the cost BASED on what I have to spend. That's just me and I'm not by any means dissing Traxion, just making the point to think before you write checks for things you may or may not need.

B B
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 25 queries.