Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Jackpot exhaust  (Read 10027 times)

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Jackpot exhaust
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 12:28:22 AM »

why doin the air cleaner ventilator is hi flow and cleanable
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »

yeah Ive always uswed K&N but after reading all the posts on here and comments from the tuners and trouble fitting the K&N  decided to stick with the dry filter as I dont ride in a lot of real dusty areas not sure how many times you can reuse the ventilator but have attached the cleaning procedure pdf if it helps
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »

Pipe arrived this afternoon so I dropped it off at my dealership.  I could not believe how restrictive the stock SE baffels are.  I thought SE meant improved performance, with nothing more than new Fullsac baffels throttle response is better and a much deeper sound too.  I hope to pick up my bike with a brand new attitude Friday evening. 

The SE is "improved" compared to bone stock, non CVO bikes.  But, it's not only about EPA emissions, but part of the approval process is about sound as well.  You will enjoy the increase in performance and drivability of the system you are installing.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »

great information, I guess we will have to see.  I meant to comment on the quality of the ceramic coating on my new head pipe.  I showed it to my mechanic and he too was impressed.  The Fuel Moto pipe is top quality, now let's see how it runs.
interested to hear how it goes I have been torn between the Jackpot and Fullsac  advantage to me is I purchased Dynojet Power Vision tuner and it seems Jamie is the only one with canned maps for this device bad side is the delay Fuelmoto/Jackpot is having with supply I wanted to have pipe installed before Las Vegas bikefest sept 25th

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »

Has anyone check the Fuelmoto pipe Stainless to see if a magnet sticks to it? There are lots of grades of stainless and the cheaper ones will allow a magnet to stick to them and when heated will turn sort of a gold/brown color. So be careful and make sure a good grade of stainless is what your getting as the cheaper grades are no better than mild steel.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »

Has anyone check the Fuelmoto pipe Stainless to see if a magnet sticks to it? There are lots of grades of stainless and the cheaper ones will allow a magnet to stick to them and when heated will turn sort of a gold/brown color. So be careful and make sure a good grade of stainless is what your getting as the cheaper grades are no better than mild steel.

Have you checked this and already know the answer? 

Or are you just curious about the quality of the product being supplied by Fuel Moto?   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 10:10:19 PM »

It's really dependent on the amount of Chromium in the mix.

Both products are probably fine, depending on how long they are in use, and under what conditions.

TTS Mastertune

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »

Have you checked this and already know the answer? 

Or are you just curious about the quality of the product being supplied by Fuel Moto?   :nixweiss:

Be careful!  Fuelmoto no longer carries or sells Steve Coles TTS.  Be Careful!
Although I am sure he was just trying to caution the good folks here and had no intention of trying to lead anyone to question the quality of Fuelmoto's product.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:05 PM »

Be careful!  Fuelmoto no longer carries or sells Steve Coles TTS.  Be Careful!
Although I am sure he was just trying to caution the good folks here and had no intention of trying to lead anyone to question the quality of Fuelmoto's product.

Never entered my mind.... ::)
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »

Just to throw a wrench into the works.....lots of people use 304 stainless in 16ga for exhausts.
Very popular in the automotive aftermarket, and with the sport bike crowd.
You can actually get a full Ducati system for just a tick under $3000!
Makes me like my cheap semi-stock system even more!
JMHO, of course!
 8)
HOGMIKE

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:04 AM »

I know a ''little'' about stainless steel...

There are several "types" of stainless steel. The 200 and 300 series which contain chromium and nickel are not magnetic. The 400 series which contains chromium and no nickel is magnetic.

400 series stainless steel is not as durable or corrosion (rust) resistant as 200 or 300 series.  

200 series is slightly more corrosion resistant than 300 series.

Kitchen appliances are generally made with 400 series stainless.

Food and pharmaceutical manufacturing systems are generally made from 300 series stainless steel.

An exhaust system made of 200 or 300 series stainless steel will out last an exhaust system made from 400 series stainless steel.

An exhaust system made of either 200 or 300 or 400 series stainless steel will out last an exhaust system made from carbon steel.

(I have no idea what type stainless steel is used in the Jackpot exhaust.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:27:39 AM by sadunbar »
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »

I know a ''little'' about stainless steel...

There are several "types" of stainless steel. The 200 and 300 series which contain chromium and nickel are not magnetic. The 400 series which contains chromium and no nickel is magnetic.

400 series stainless steel is not as durable or corrosion (rust) resistant as 200 or 300 series.  

200 series is slightly more corrosion resistant than 300 series.

Kitchen appliances are generally made with 400 series stainless.

Food and pharmaceutical manufacturing systems are generally made from 300 series stainless steel.

An exhaust system made of 200 or 300 series stainless steel will out last an exhaust system made from 400 series stainless steel.

An exhaust system made of either 200 or 300 or 400 series stainless steel will out last an exhaust system made from carbon steel.

(I have no idea what type stainless steel is used in the Jackpot exhaust.)

Information IS on their website, for those who really want to know!

Quote: "Our headpipes feature 304 Series Stainless Steel construction throughout with precisely machined billet Stainless Steel exhaust collars for maximum sealing and engagement into the exhaust port. Painstakingly applied hand TIG welding is utilized through-out."

8)
HOGMIKE

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »

Information IS on their website, for those who really want to know!

Quote: "Our headpipes feature 304 Series Stainless Steel construction throughout with precisely machined billet Stainless Steel exhaust collars for maximum sealing and engagement into the exhaust port. Painstakingly applied hand TIG welding is utilized through-out."

8)

Well, there you go...  Case closed...  concern alleviated..    :beerchug:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 12:15:43 PM »

I guess one question that would help in figuring out if stainless is better in this application than "regular" steel is what would be the life expectancy of the "regular" product?  In the "bad old days" exhaust pipes on cars rusted out eventually and had to be replaced but it doesn't seem to be as big an issue with today's vehicles.  Keep in mind that I don't live up North where salt is on the road.  But even down here, they'd eventually get holes in the pipe on older cars.  Now you see cars with well over 100K and several years old and the exhaust system is still basically OK.

On a bike, people typically put fewer miles on the vehicle, keep it fewer years, and it's generally kept clean and indoors.  So, I'm not sure that the stainless would make a huge difference.  I guess it would be better with regards to not rusting as easily, and perhaps deteriorating from the inside out?  All other things being equal, I guess the stainless would last longer regardless?  I'm asking 'cause I don't know...it's not a rhetorical question.

TTS Mastertune

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »

I guess one question that would help in figuring out if stainless is better in this application than "regular" steel is what would be the life expectancy of the "regular" product?  In the "bad old days" exhaust pipes on cars rusted out eventually and had to be replaced but it doesn't seem to be as big an issue with today's vehicles.  Keep in mind that I don't live up North where salt is on the road.  But even down here, they'd eventually get holes in the pipe on older cars.  Now you see cars with well over 100K and several years old and the exhaust system is still basically OK.

On a bike, people typically put fewer miles on the vehicle, keep it fewer years, and it's generally kept clean and indoors.  So, I'm not sure that the stainless would make a huge difference.  I guess it would be better with regards to not rusting as easily, and perhaps deteriorating from the inside out?  All other things being equal, I guess the stainless would last longer regardless?  I'm asking 'cause I don't know...it's not a rhetorical question.

Yeah, wonder also.....
On the flip side, my 1965 FLH has the OEM exhaust system, albeit a little beat up from 150K miles of abuse!
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 24 queries.