Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: New Nolan N-104 review.....  (Read 48762 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: New Nolan N-104 review.....
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »

I don't know why they wouldn't include it with the helmet, but Nolan makes a tab that slips through the chin strap so you can lock the helmet.

I'd rather have that then the bag.

Sorry to all, I thought Spyde was talking about locking up the iPad!  The helmet would obviously not fit.  Didn't think about the helmet lock, damn more money spent from this site!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »

Just keep the tourpak on............
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »

Just keep the tourpak on............
Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-X  (if you're 'touring')har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2012, 10:30:56 AM »

This picture shows the ribbon wrapping around and going into the connector on the inside.

Where you see the ribbon plugged in is where it is dislodging. Not all the way, but enough to break control of the buttons.
The double stick tape is under the ribbon from the outside to just over and past the hump

I am really surprised there is not some type of lock on this connector. All of our marine radios and GPS/LORAN units that use ribbons, have some sort of locking device to hold he cable in. Either a small lever or a wedge.

We got our bluetooths yesterday.  Let me beging by saying Fill out your warranty information (the last page) before you install your bluetooth![/size] Otherwise, you'll be taking your helmet apart a second time to get the Ser. # off the bluetooth.  Don't ask me how I'd know this. :-\

Our bluetooths did snap into place and lock on to the helmet and are very secure where the cable plugs in.  Our bluetooths were made in Jan. 2012.  Not sure when yours were made Duane.

We tried them on, in the house.  I can tell you our immediate first experience is the quality of the sound coming from the speakers seems to be far superior to the N103.  It's just much clearer, even when you turn the volumne up....don't hear the open air sound that we hear in our N-103 helmets.  Looking forward to our first ride with them. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »

Watch "On Any Sunday" while cruising the Interstate.  :2vrolijk_21:

The Man  :2vrolijk_21:
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »

We got our bluetooths yesterday.  Let me beging by saying Fill out your warranty information (the last page) before you install your bluetooth![/size] Otherwise, you'll be taking your helmet apart a second time to get the Ser. # off the bluetooth.  Don't ask me how I'd know this. :-\

Our bluetooths did snap into place and lock on to the helmet and are very secure where the cable plugs in.  Our bluetooths were made in Jan. 2012.  Not sure when yours were made Duane.

We tried them on, in the house.  I can tell you our immediate first experience is the quality of the sound coming from the speakers seems to be far superior to the N103.  It's just much clearer, even when you turn the volumne up....don't hear the open air sound that we hear in our N-103 helmets.  Looking forward to our first ride with them. :2vrolijk_21:

Please keep us posted on your ride JC cause Renay and I are considering them :). What size did Terrie order?  I wear between a small and extra small so curious if the size runs true or smaller or larger.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2012, 12:15:24 PM »

Please keep us posted on your ride JC cause Renay and I are considering them :). What size did Terrie order?  I wear between a small and extra small so curious if the size runs true or smaller or larger.

They seem to run a bit smaller than the N-103 did although we're both keeping the size we ordered.  She wers and XS.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »

To be sure, just take a cloth measuring tape and have someone measure about an inch above your eyebrows, around the back where your head sticks out furtherest.  The Nolan N-104 sizing chart says 20 1/4"-20 7/8" = XS and 21" - 21 5/8"=Small.   If you wear a Doo-Rag under the helmet and are right on the edge of one size or the other, take that into account, depending on what type of doo-rag you use.

I "discovered" this product recently...I have dozens of doo-rags 'cause it helps keep the inside of the helmet a little cleaner, but this thing is by FAR the best thing since sliced bread.  Thin, so it takes up no room in the helmet, wicks moisture, no seams, takes only a few seconds to put on in whatever configuration.  I have three of them now...one UV and two "regular".  Comes in numerous colors/designs and covers up the "helmet head" look, particularly if your hair is longer.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

The Man  :2vrolijk_21:
I've got the DVD!  Great stuff!  :2vrolijk_21:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »

To be sure, just take a cloth measuring tape and have someone measure about an inch above your eyebrows, around the back where your head sticks out furtherest.  The Nolan N-104 sizing chart says 20 1/4"-20 7/8" = XS and 21" - 21 5/8"=Small.   If you wear a Doo-Rag under the helmet and are right on the edge of one size or the other, take that into account, depending on what type of doo-rag you use.

I "discovered" this product recently...I have dozens of doo-rags 'cause it helps keep the inside of the helmet a little cleaner, but this thing is by FAR the best thing since sliced bread.  Thin, so it takes up no room in the helmet, wicks moisture, no seams, takes only a few seconds to put on in whatever configuration.  I have three of them now...one UV and two "regular".  Comes in numerous colors/designs and covers up the "helmet head" look, particularly if your hair is longer.

Thank you for the advice about measuring my head and yes, I ordered a couple of the doo-rags!  Great product  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »

Speaking of helmet liners......ordered these ventilator caps for our new helemts.  A number of different hot weather items.  I believe they're designed for bicyclists but hey......I was looking for a liner that would trap only the bare minamum amount of heat.  I think the Ventilator Cap filled that bill very well.

http://www.sweatvac.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SweatVac&Category_Code=SVVC
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:02:02 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »

Speaking of helmet liners......ordered these ventilator caps for our new helemts.  A number of different hot weather items.  I believe they're designed for bicyclists but hey......I was looking for a liner that would trap only the bare minamum amount of heat.  I think the Ventilator Cap filled that bill very well.

http://www.sweatvac.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SweatVac&Category_Code=SVVC
And I'll bet you'll look mighty spiffy in that  :o
Boy first the protectiv riding/rain gear, now the spiffy cap, what's next JC?  :P
There's a level of confidence wearing cool/warm and protective gear. That's one of the interesting things about riding our Suzuki's, leather and beany brain buckets have given way to ATGATT (all the gear all the time)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »

That'll do with short hair, but I'm not sure it'd look too sporty walking around in it... :huepfenlol2: ;)

The Buff thing helps with longer hair, and mine is getting pretty long now...what there is of it.  I actually have a for real pony tail now.  With that Buff thing, I can pull it all the way over my head, down around my neck, pull my hair in back outside the Buff, then just pull one side of the Buff up 'till my face is showing and adjust either over my ears or not.  The hair is then contained in the back "tube" that lays on the back of your head/neck.  It also serves as a sun blocker on the back of the neck.  It's one of those things where you go "why didn't I think of that"...so simple, and versitile.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »

You're missing it Terry.....it's a helmet liner.  Helmet comes off when the bike stops and so does the liner. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  Don't think I'll be walking around anywhere in that or anything else on my head. :nervous:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:09:03 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »

Mine arrived at the local store today!!  Will pick it up tomorrow after work.  :2vrolijk_21:

As far as something to act as a barrier for the sweat... still looking for a good alternative.  I sweat like there is a water hose open on my head... I currently use a cloth bandana and it is not enough... so I started to carry two, one for the trip there and then a fresh one for the trip back...

From my perspective, the whole idea to use a barrier is to protect the helmet from the sweat, is the sweatvac effective to that end?

The only benefit of what I use now is that is still looks cool without the helmet on...  8)   
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.