Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Sanchos Wings Review  (Read 9286 times)

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Sanchos Wings Review
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »

I installed the Sanchos Wings and had an opportunity to ride with them yesterday. I was initially a little hesitate regarding how they would look on the bike. Not bad. The two wings were delivered Priority Mail well protected with installing instructions, hardware, and an alcohol wipe to clean the area. Total cost for smoked wings including shipping: $46.95. Installation was easy and required removal of the fairing screw below the glove box on each side however the 3M two way tape may not be positioned exactly right make proper contact (on the right side). Overall fit and finish: B- (edges not finished smooth, not noticeable) and hardware used B- (replacement fairing screw philip head not torx). Left side fit perfectly but the right side was a little off and I had to use double layers of the 3M tape.

Bottomline on overall performance: they work. I could definitely hear my sound system better and experienced reduced buffeting around my helmet and ears. It was windy (10-15 mph) and overall improvement was apparent. Handling was slightly different (maybe due to the wind) but nothing to be concerned about. Recommended if you want reduced buffeting around you helmet and head.
124 137HP/147TQ

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Sanchos Wings Review
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:45:49 PM »

Went ahead and ordered a set of smoke. Do you happen to have a picture of them mounted from the riders seat?

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 02:56:50 PM »

I will add a picture later today.
124 137HP/147TQ

Jerry/MD

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »

I bought a pair last fall. They were promptly returned.  :(  I would rate the fit a big fat F.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »

Not sure if I'd heard of these before so had to go look.  First thought is hope the users find them to be beneficial but think I'd have to pass.  The Road Glide fairing already offers significant protection and does so without turbulence whipping around the outside back on the rider.  Perhaps a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist (for most of us anyway)?

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »

Ordered mine this afternoon as well. I have to do something, have tried a couple of windshields with no luck and am about to go deaf from the wind noise, and yes, I'm using ear plugs and hating them...
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »

Not sure if I'd heard of these before so had to go look.  First thought is hope the users find them to be beneficial but think I'd have to pass.  EThe Road Glide fairing already offers significant protection and does so without turbulence whipping around the outside back on the rider.  Perhaps a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist (for most of us anyway)?

I'd have to disagree. My 07 RG was the bomb all the way around. This 2011 not so much. I don't know if it's the frame changes or bigger gas tank or the turned down shark nose but I can tell a huge difference in wind BUFFETING and my wife says it horrible compared to even the 09 and 10 batwings.

I'm about to get to the point where I don't care about looks and move toward comfort. I still want to see how they "bolt on" so to speak.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »

I'd have to disagree. My 07 RG was the bomb all the way around. This 2011 not so much. I don't know if it's the frame changes or bigger gas tank or the turned down shark nose but I can tell a huge difference in wind BUFFETING and my wife says it horrible compared to even the 09 and 10 batwings.

I'm about to get to the point where I don't care about looks and move toward comfort. I still want to see how they "bolt on" so to speak.

That's an interesting comparison Rob.  Thanks for the insight.  Only have my old beast to go by.  Interesting that the little difference in fairing angle can make so much difference in the rider's pocket.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »

That's an interesting comparison Rob.  Thanks for the insight.  Only have my old beast to go by.  Interesting that the little difference in fairing angle can make so much difference in the rider's pocket.

Yeah Don, not sure if it's one or all but it is very different. Still love my 11 and plan on keeping it for awhile. I'm just trying to find the line between form an functionality!

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 11:24:03 PM »

Picture #1
124 137HP/147TQ

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:24:44 PM »

Picture #2
124 137HP/147TQ

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »

Robmay,

The wings are attached via replacing the inner fairing screw with a longer screw. The top of the wing is supported by double sided 3M tape. Overall, my setup very secure.
124 137HP/147TQ

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »

Robmay,

The wings are attached via replacing the inner fairing screw with a longer screw. The top of the wing is supported by double sided 3M tape. Overall, my setup very secure.

Thank you for the pics and description. Glad to know I don't need to drill any holes in my paint!

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »

Got mine this afternoon, the fit is perfect on both sides, can't wait till tomorrow to try them out.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 10:27:18 PM »

Got mine this afternoon, the fit is perfect on both sides, can't wait till tomorrow to try them out.

Good to hear. Let us know how they do.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.