Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Pictures on the road to Santa Fe  (Read 9033 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Pictures on the road to Santa Fe
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2013, 09:09:37 PM »

What a crappy travel day!   :(. We left St Louis headed to Indianapolis where we made the decision to get on I-70 and shoot towards Dayton Ohio to avoid the rain.  :divers009:  That didn't work.  :-\. We rode 300 miles today and 299 were in the rain.  :(. We got into Ohio 10 miles when Renay got a flat rear tire. We called Dayton Harley cause they were only 20 miles east of us but they said it would take 2 hrs before they could come get us.  Not exactly what we wanted to do was stand on the side of the interstate for 2 hrs in pouring rain. Called the number on the back of our HOG card and actually received excellent help this time. They had a tow to us in 30 mins. He took us 15 miles back in Indiana to Richmond Harley Davidson. Tire had a gash in the middle. Whatever Renay ran over it went completely through the tire and she flipped it back at me and chipped my front fender.   :'(.  When they pulled off Renay's old tire you wouldn't have believed how cupped that Dunlap tire was. Replaced it with a Michelin Commander ll.  Only 166 miles from home but not riding anymore today in the rain, dark and new tire on wet roads. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »

I hope tomorrow is a better (and dryer) day for you guys...  It's been fun reading your progress.  Almost there!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2013, 09:22:58 PM »

Judy and Renay, so sorry to hear of your misfortune on this day.  Hoping tomorrow is a much better day for sure.

Now Judith lets see that poor front fender hit.  You couldn't make this kind of stuff UP.  It did look dryer once the

flat bed arrived... ???

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »

Sorry to hear about your bad day

Those blue bikes have it out for the red ones  :huepfenlol2:

Again, sorry about your day !!!

you will like the Commanders they are great (imo)

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »

Tire plug kit would not work on that gash. tow was only option. O-well life on the ROAD
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »

The up side.....at least you got a flat bed driver that may know something about transporting a bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Soon it'll just be another faded memory and one more story of road trips.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2013, 12:56:09 AM »

You're both still alive which is important. I know about that rain today in Indiana. We left Olivet,Mi about 1pm on our way to Bloomfield IN and rode through about 5 hours of rain today. We crossed paths at one point. We took IN 9south from I69 down to some little town and caught IN44 . We crossed right over I70.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:13 AM »

Hang in there Judy.  We're all pulling for you and Renay to make it home.  It's been a VERY rainy year so far and a rainy trip home for y'all.  I just hope it finally let's up for y'all coming into home stretch.  Let us know when you make it home....the Lord is with you and we're praying you through!
Heard (and read here on the forum) lots of good on the Michelin.  Hope it wears much better than the dunlop and doesn't throw anything at the Ruby again!  Post a pic of the fender and hopefully either insurance or warranty will take care of that one.... :2vrolijk_21:

Howard

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »

I hope your done with this trip and are home safe and warm today. If I had another 12 pack of Schlitz for this "Hard Luck Story" I'd send it out your way. It was a pleasure meeting you and Renay in Santa Fe and maybe we could have the next WetCoast GTG in Ohio.  Lou and Terry

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »

Holly beige's, when I said yous are going to have a new adventure on your trip home,...MAN,... didn't think it was going to be such a rough one. You've had it all kicked at yas. Sorry it's been such a bummer getting home.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2013, 08:20:01 PM »

We are home! Got here around noon.  Rode the last leg in cold, cloudy weather and 20 miles from home it started raining.  :'(.  Pulled in the garage and Renay took this last picture.  This trip was a personal best for me.., I have only ridden short trips since my MC accident 2 years ago but I was determined to at least make an attempt to get to NM.  I didn't care how or if I got home,  ;D I just wanted to get there!   :P. Some days were easier than others.., but everyday that I got closer to my goal was a GREAT day. ;).  Our total miles for the trip were 3,817.  I couldn't be prouder of everyone of those miles.

Thank you to everyone that followed my adventure, offered encouragement, and always offered great advice.  The miles mean a lot to me, but nothing means more than the true friends I have on this site.

Judy  :P

Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »

Glad your home safe  :2vrolijk_21:
We have enjoyed all of the pictures, but we want more, cuz when you have more you just want more...so could we have some more.  ;D
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »

Yipeee!!! Glad ya'll are home safe and sound. What a great adventure! Enjoyed reading about your journey and I'm proud of you both! Love ya's and God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »

Wow!  Welcome home, safe and sound, Judy and Renay!  Sorry you guys had the tire trouble!  I was on the side of the road for several hours, myself, coming back from RibFest last year.  No fun!  Just glad you're both OK.  All that's left is cleaning up those beautiful scoots, now.  Yuck! :)  Hope you get the fender situation taken care of soon, too!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »

Congrats on completing another bike adventure.  Appreciate your taking us along thru the pics & narrative.  See ya'll in MV.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.