Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: best touring CVO  (Read 7669 times)

Bagger

Re: best touring CVO
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 10:25:54 AM »

I assumed his initial question just meant of those currently available new.  If we're talking everything than the answer is simple.  Mine.

Yessir!  That is true.  Mine is the clear cut winner!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  But I do have special place in my heart for a SERG, a SEEG and a SERK........in that order.  That Road Glide is one smooth machine.  Never had a ride that good.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 10:28:18 AM »

screamin eagle road glide is by far the best touring bike out there....I put many miles on the ultra and the glide...the glide handles like a sport bike because the front end is so lite with the fairing not  attatched to the forks, and cuts the wind very well,,i never liked the look of the glide ,nor did I think i would actually purchase one(till I seen the fltrsei2 and rode it )..my opinion..HNY to all...headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 10:31:39 AM »

I'm with 2Lane, the one you currently have is the best.

If I were buying new, it would be an Ultra.  (the most you can get for the money).

Bagger

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »

I gotta wonder about a SERG for 2008.  What is the MoCo going to do?  Is it going to be like the CVOs for 2007, or is it going to be a water cooled machine.  After all these years on air cooled Harley Davidson motorcycles, I just don't think I could bring myself to buy a water cooled FL bike.  Of course, I haven't seen it yet either.  I wait with great anticipation.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:33:32 AM by Bagger »

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »

I like the ultra for all the amenities but after reading some of these replies I am courious about taking a RG for a spin. Maybe that will be my next fly & ride bike. Never liked the look of the two headlight on the RG and probably never will but curious mines want to know how much better the ride really is??????

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 10:36:35 AM »

2LR, Are you still riding the SEEG2? [smiley=cherry.gif]

Tom [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

Sure am Tom.  Cherry SEEG.  Got a feeling will have that bike for quite awhile yet.  One of those few vehicles that just "feels right" and makes me happy to be on or in.  It's also so tweaked to my tastes and fit anymore that it would be a lot of work to duplicate again.

This gentleman's initial question is certainly poll worthy.  So, look up ^ .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 10:41:06 AM »

Sure am Tom.  Cherry SEEG.  Got a feeling will have that bike for quite awhile yet.  One of those few vehicles that just "feels right" and makes me happy to be on or in.  It's also so tweaked to my tastes and fit anymore that it would be a lot of work to duplicate again.

This gentleman's initial question is certainly poll worthy.  So, look up ^ .
Guess I know where the first and second vote (yours/mines) in the "Mine the one you have now" category came from. Like you (well not nearly as much as you) I have got too much invested in mines to making it my bike. Sure there are things I'd still like to have for it/do to it, but I'd hate starting all over again.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:43:05 AM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »

Guess I know where the first and second vote (yours/mines) in the "Mine the one you have now" category came from. Like you (well not nearly as much as you) I have got too much invested in mines to making it my bike. Sure there are things I'd still like to have for it/do to it, but I'd hate starting all over again.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Face it Gary.  Even as humble as we are we just have to admit it.  We got great bikes  [smiley=drink.gif] .

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »

Of the two models that you ask about......I think for anybody whose owned both, it's hands down the Ultra Classic.

However, like everybody else here, I have another opnion.  Of all the CVOs I think the SEEG would take it.  The big difference between the SEEG and the SEUC of course, being the tour pack.  The SEEG has a quick release tour pack of either the chopped version or the King Tour pack.........enabling several different "looks" or style with the same bike.  Secondly, of course, would be the paint job........the SEEG has the best paint scheme of all the CVOs.

I know a several guys that have had Road Kings that moved up to Ultra Classics......none of them have moved back down. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

A poll was just added to the top of this page.....we'll see what it shows in a day or two.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Bagger

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 10:56:09 AM »

Guess I know where the first and second vote (yours/mines) in the "Mine the one you have now" category came from. Like you (well not nearly as much as you) I have got too much invested in mines to making it my bike. Sure there are things I'd still like to have for it/do to it, but [highlight]I'd hate starting all over again[/highlight].

That is always the BIG dilemma.  I had so much work and money tied up in my 02 Ultra that I hated trading it on my SEUC.........which is probably why I never shut up about how much I miss it.............and is the main reason the wifey frowns every time I want to spend money on the SEUC.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »

That is always the BIG dilemma.  I had so much work and money tied up in my 02 Ultra that I hated trading it on my SEUC.........which is probably why I never shut up about how much I miss it.............and is the main reason the wifey frowns every time I want to spend money on the SEUC.
Yea, those are good reasons two and three to not getting another bike. Hmmm, on second thought I may want to reverse the order in my household.....

1. Wifey frowns every time I want to spend money on a new bike when I had old one just they way I/We wanted it.

2. I never shut up about how much I missed my SEEG.

3. Hate starting over again.

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=orange.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Bagger

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 11:05:26 AM »

1. Wifey frowns every time I want to spend money on a new bike when I had old one just they way I/We wanted it.

2. I never shut up about how much I missed my SEEG.

3. Hate starting over again.

Yep, those are the priorities, in order, as to why I do have some degree of buyer's remorse.  You could add the "2006 Paint Problems" as #4.  [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »

The RG is an excellent riding bike, the fixed faring is more stable in cross wind and on 2 lane roads passing on coming trucks, I've had 2 before buying my SEEG [smiley=pumpkin.gif].  Any wind hitting the handlebar mounted fairing is transmitted directly to steering inputs, after 8 or 10 hours on the road you can really feel the difference.  JMHO

Tom
2004 FLHTCSE

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 11:08:22 AM »

Sure am Tom.  Cherry SEEG.  Got a feeling will have that bike for quite awhile yet.  One of those few vehicles that just "feels right" and makes me happy to be on or in.  It's also so tweaked to my tastes and fit anymore that it would be a lot of work to duplicate again. This gentleman's initial question is certainly poll worthy.  So, look up ^ .

Well I guess I did not think about the question being the best CVO bike = cause like you = mine is best for me.  I have had to make some changes to make the bike rideable for me.  I can get my husband's down the road, and he mine, but neither of us wants to ride the other's ride, cause they have been adapted to fit - just right.  Of course, I have not gone overboard like you have, but then again, I don't have to, cause from where I sit right now, mine is the best bike I could have at this time.

However, If I was coming to the CVO shop to purchase a new bike and did not have the baggage of already having one that I have put so much love, passion, time and energy into - I'd buy the ultra.  

Then I would do like some other's here have done and pull off the tourpak - maybe make it detachable.  I would have the GPS, the built in XM radio, the heated grips and seat (although I'd suspect I'd change that for a Corbin) and the CB radio.  I've made mods to my bike to have the grips and XM, and anyone can add heated seat, but I'd sure love to have the GPS and the CB radio.  My husband and I go gas tank to gas tank when we ride, so it would be nice to be able to communicate with each other from time to time, that's why I'd like the CB.  The GPS is something I think I want because I can't read a map to save my soul and don't know my way around very good at all, get lost at the second corner from the house.  Takes years for me to learn my way around an area.  But then again, I've seen folks ride with a GPS and they will warn you to slow down for an upcoming corner that is no big deal and can't find the place we are going to as it should be right here, but in fact it is a half block away, so maybe the GPS is not quite ready for someone like me either.  And some way or other have to figure out what was done to the SEEGs to make them so I could ride them and do that to the ultras.  They are lower somehow and I have No Room to Spare in the height arena.  Just seems to me that if I was looking at the palette of choices, the ultra would have to be the way to go.  If they put all those goodies on a Road Glide, then that would be the way to go.  JMHO.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 11:09:11 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 11:11:21 AM »

overboard

meanie  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.