Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: best touring CVO  (Read 7696 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: best touring CVO
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 11:15:11 AM »

This is one you'll never get people to agree on. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I guess that's why they make so many different touring bikes. HD's not so dumb after all. My first touring bike was a '96RK. I loved that bike! Traded it in for a '98EG. Fairing, Tourpak, Radio. Well, the fairing and TP made me feel like I was in a 2-wheeled convertible, not on a bike. The bike was very top-heavy compared to the RK. It was a liitle slower to throw around in the twisties. And generally speaking, overall I didn't feel like I was riding a motorcle. I loved having the radio though! But I did not like the full dresser, even though they are basically the same bike. Traded it in after a short time for '99RK. Aah, a real bike again. I've had nothing but RK's since. It has everything on it a motorcycle needs. Nothing more. That's a good thing. So for me, for touring, I'll never get anything but another RK. I miss the radio, but not enought to put one of those "windshield boom boxes" on my bike! Street bikes are another story and a whole different thread! ;)

That's my opinion, but you know what they say. "opinions are like AHoles, everyone's got one and they all stink! [smiley=oops.gif] Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 11:18:51 AM »

meanie  ;D
Dont get me wrong.  Don, I love what you have done to your bike.  I do not have the resources; skill level to do myself or finances to have someone else go so crazy, but what you have done to yours is fantastic.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I can't wait in fact to drool all over it next year.  

I'm just saying for me, mine is perfect just like it is.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Well........... there are a few boxes in the garage that need installing, but you know what I mean.  The bike fits me, I love the way it handles, I can tear the roads up and have a blast doing it.  I have the nicest looking bike in any crowd, I love how it sounds, I love how it powers through corners..... well I just love it.  Not saying it could not be more, but for right now with what I can do it is PERFECT!  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:00:04 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 11:21:47 AM »

What is the best CVO touring bike, the Road King or the Ultra -given that you can only have one!

Ok, since the answer to this question is an opinion, I'll post my humble opinion. Since I bought an Ultra, my answer is obviously an Ultra. Here's my line of thought on my decision. I prefer to ride long distance. I don't always get to ride as far as I want due to time constraints. When riding long distance, I prefer all the comforts such as the tour pack, the fairing, the cruise control and the tunes. Also, my wife loves music and would hate riding w/o the tunes.

If I could have three or four bikes, I'd love thr road king. It's more of a blank canvas to modify as you want.

BUT, just one bike? An Ultra!

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »

They don't call it an "ultra" for nothing.

'nuff said. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Bagger

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 11:50:36 AM »

This is one you'll never get people to agree on. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I guess that's why they make so many different touring bikes. HD's not so dumb after all. My first touring bike was a '96RK. I loved that bike! Traded it in for a '98EG. Fairing, Tourpak, Radio. Well, the fairing and TP made me feel like I was in a 2-wheeled convertible, not on a bike. The bike was very top-heavy compared to the RK. It was a liitle slower to throw around in the twisties. And generally speaking, overall I didn't feel like I was riding a motorcle. I loved having the radio though! But I did not like the full dresser, even though they are basically the same bike. Traded it in after a short time for '99RK. Aah, a real bike again. I've had nothing but RK's since. It has everything on it a motorcycle needs. Nothing more. That's a good thing. So for me, for touring, I'll never get anything but another RK. I miss the radio, but not enought to put one of those "windshield boom boxes" on my bike! Street bikes are another story and a whole different thread! ;)

[highlight]That's my opinion, but you know what they say. "opinions are like AHoles, everyone's got one and they all stink![/highlight] [smiley=oops.gif] Hoist!  8-)

Well Howie, true as that may be, that's one of the reasons we share experiences here on this site.  I certainly appreciate your experiences and the experiences of everyone else............sort of puts things into perspective.  I never thought of it the way you described it, and your right.  Riding an RK gives more of an open feeling than does riding a UC.  It is a choice of what one wants.  I like a UC for lots of reasons, and I like it enough to make it my only bike.  Now, if I had the means, I'd have a friggin' stable which included one of all four FL CVO touring machines.  I like 'em all, but since I can't have 'em all, I stick with my favorite........the UC.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 12:17:44 PM »

This is a great thread and poll! But I must say the poll confused me! As I was going down I see SEEG. I make my vote....then I see Mine (The one I have now). :-/ Now, mine IS a SEEG so do I change my vote now? I would be willing to bet everyone that's voting on "Mine" owns an SE Electra Glide! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Originally I was looking for an Ultra when I then decided on the SEEG. Now owning one I have enjoyed the things my Brother JC mentioned. Tour pak removal and paint! That being said I also agree with many of you on the Road Glide! At first I thought it was Ugly! :o BUT, it has really grown on me along with the benefits mentioned with the wind and steering! Especially after seeing Big B's and Otis's in MV. I would Love to own one now! Problem is right now I can't afford both and Love the way I got my SEEG and will never let her go.

Oh Well, Thank Ya Lord for Blessing me with the scooter you gave me! My Lil Banana! [smiley=banana.gif]

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 12:27:48 PM »

Oh Well, Thank Ya Lord for Blessing me with the scooter you gave me! ....

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]
Amen!!! I sometimes wonder what I have done to deserve the blessings I have received, but give thanks daily for them.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:31:16 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 12:28:12 PM »

That's my opinion, but you know what they say. "opinions are like AHoles, everyone's got one [highlight]and they all stink![/highlight] [smiley=oops.gif] Hoist!  8-)

Mine doesn't! Just ask my wife....She tells me all the time...Oh, and your DuPa doesn't stink!!! :o ::) ;D [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif]

cigarmike

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 12:48:52 PM »

To each their own, I'm not going to knock what the other guy has if thats what makes him happy.

In my opinion, scooters are like peckers,. if you have a big one, you think how lucky you are that you are hung, if you have a small one, you think 'must be a bitch trying to tuck a big one in ur pants all the time' plus having to be harassed by hot chicks relentlessly .......so the moral of the story here is, maybe its better not to have a Ultra CVO. then you dont have all those big pecker problems that go with it??

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 12:52:24 PM »

To each their own, I'm not going to knock what the other guy has if thats what makes him happy........so the moral of the story here is, maybe its better not to have a Ultra CVO. then you dont have all those big pecker problems that go with it??
Mike, I have never thought I'd have those big pecker problems!!!!!!!!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

They are all good!      [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  God Bless Us - Each and every one!  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:53:05 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

cigarmike

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 12:55:18 PM »

Mike, I have never thought I'd have those big pecker problems!!!!!!!!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I hope thats not a knock on Mr.WeCVO ??

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 12:59:23 PM »

I hope thats not a knock on Mr.WeCVO ??

Not at all, but he is the one that has to deal with the tucking into pants all the time' plus having to be harassed by hot chicks relentlessly.  And he has learned the look but don't touch rules.  

But does go to show you that one should think before typing and one in this case is ME!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

twincam

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2006, 01:05:20 PM »

in southern AZ where the roads are looooonngggggg stright and go on fooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, the choise has got to be the ultra!!!!!!! (the road goes on forever and the party never ends!!!!!!!!!!)  8-) ;) ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2006, 01:06:04 PM »

I think the RK's should be combined as a single model and that "Mine" should be removed, as we all think ours is the best! ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »

Having owned numerous Harleys over Forty Years and recently Dynas (1), Fatboys (2), Road Kings (2), One Ultra, One Electra Glide and now a Road Glide.

My choice is the Road Glide. I can drive it loaded up with Tour Pack and Lower Fairings and within two minutes have it stripped down to a Cruiser, as I know the rest of you can, who have the detachable hardware.

However, when it comes down to blasting down the road and the heavy crosswinds come up as they always do, I do not have to worry about it as, the fairing does not act like a sail pushing the bike around.

And lastly, on the Road Glide I have never experienced the much mentioned "Road Woobles", even at speeds in excess of 120 mph.

Saying this I have enjoyed all of the bikes I have owned and liked them all a lot with my preference being MY Road Glide.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 01:28:32 PM by geezerglide »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.