Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Ambient Temperature Gauge  (Read 9568 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Ambient Temperature Gauge
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:55:19 PM »

Has anybody heard of a fix for the ambient temperature gauge? On both of my flt's its about useless. I hate to replace it with something else that won't match the CVO set up. Or is there something I'm not aware of such as a beer finder.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 12:19:15 AM by grandpadoc »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Ambient Temperature Guage
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:06:48 AM »

Some here have replaced it with the MoCo's oil temp gauge. You can read here about it - Spun Aluminum Oil Temp Gaugue. In case some of the text is missing out of the posts check on the old site here - Spun Aluminum Oil Temp Gaugue.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: Ambient Temperature Gauge
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:29:40 AM »

Thanks Fired00d, quit a long thread. Looks like I won't be invading my fairing anytime soon with a replacement.
Grandpadoc

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »

Has anybody heard of a fix for the ambient temperature gauge? On both of my flt's its about useless. I hate to replace it with something else that won't match the CVO set up. Or is there something I'm not aware of such as a beer finder.

If I was a moderator I'd move this post to "Humor"  That gauge is a joke.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:06:21 AM »

The purpose of the gauge is a joke for sure. On that note mine works fine as does my fuel gauge. Moisture not withstanding......

The 06 Street Glide I'm tinkering with is getting an air gauge installed in place of the temp gauge. This will allow the owner to adjust and monitor the air suspension. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 09:10:27 AM »

If I was a moderator I'd move this post to "Humor"  That gauge is a joke.

That's the truth!! The problem is the sensor is inside the fairing. No ventilation and plenty of heat build up in there. I've considered moving the sensor outside the but haven't tried it yet...... :confused5:
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 09:15:45 AM »

That's the truth!! The problem is the sensor is inside the fairing. No ventilation and plenty of heat build up in there. I've considered moving the sensor outside the but haven't tried it yet...... :confused5:

I've often thought about installing a piece of tubing or something out the bottom of the fairing to deliver some fresh air to the sensor to attempt to get a more meaningful reading while moving.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 09:40:05 AM »

...Harley could have done that years ago. They did relocate the engine heat sensor on the 99 models from the top of the rear cylinder to the bottom of V after several instances of engines quiting without warning including mine. It happened to me several times on a two lane road up in the hills above my house (Ortega Highway) with no place to bail. I guess if the defect doesn't kill anyone they leave it alone.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 09:43:02 AM »

Never met anyone who had one that worked - air temp gauge - except some guy who said he had relocated the sending unit to the triple tree area. 

Another MoCo weird idiosyncrasy - waste of space and effort.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 09:51:34 AM »

I'll try the relocating trick the next time a headlight goes out and post the results.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 10:03:51 AM »

Why would you need an ambient temperature gauge when you're already outside?  I was a little disappointed in mine then I realized if I get too cold, add a coat and too hot, take it off.  I had one on my Goldwing that didn't work either.  I guess we have to consider it vestigial (like an appendix)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1232645064032997090fCyMYr

Jim :cherry: :drink:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »

Never met anyone who had one that worked - air temp gauge - except some guy who said he had relocated the sending unit to the triple tree area. 
Another MoCo weird idiosyncrasy - waste of space and effort.

I relocated the sensor to the lower fork bracket on my '02 FLTRI and it made quite a difference.

djkak

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 11:24:02 AM »

I relocated the sensor to the lower fork bracket on my '02 FLTRI and it made quite a difference.

djkak

Thanks djkak.  Noticed the gauge is spot on when the bike has been sitting overnight.  Problem is with the sensor placement.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 11:25:44 AM »

Actually they have mis labelled the gauge as an air gauge when in actuallity it is a rain gauge, pointed out elsewhere by an astute member some time ago.

This link takes you to the 21 page discussion of the spun aluminum oil temp gauge mentioned above which is designed to replace the rain gauge........http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=5986.0 it's the old site so I hope it links.

Oh and the whole rain gauge thing is because the worthless POS is only good at predicting the rain when it is wet ::)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »

The only thing this gauge does is  provide the tempperature inside the fairing.   :cherry:

Do what others and I have done, when you have to get into the fairing, route it down below the fairing in the flow of the air.

geezerglide

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »

Let's see they (HD) put a gauge on the bike that is meaning less then have an upgrade kit (Oil Gauge) to sell you to make the whole in the farring usable.  ;D No wonder their laughing all the way to the bank  :D :D My gauge works (doesn't sit on 0) and as close as the gas gauge :) it shows what it's like in the farring and that's good enough for me  :confused5:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »

Let's see they (HD) put a gauge on the bike that is meaning less then have an upgrade kit (Oil Gauge) to sell you to make the whole in the farring usable.  ;D No wonder their laughing all the way to the bank  :D :D My gauge works (doesn't sit on 0) and as close as the gas gauge :) it shows what it's like in the farring and that's good enough for me  :confused5:

Never thought about it really, but why do they put two rain gauges in?  (air/gas)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 10:57:02 PM »

I understand now...its a fairing gauge. Must have been a typo in my owners manual, so now we can put this thread to rest. I wonder if Harley looks at this site.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »

I understand now...its a fairing gauge. Must have been a typo in my owners manual, so now we can put this thread to rest. I wonder if Harley looks at this site.

Many here believe they do.  That's how the passenger headset plug was relocated, just to name one item we think they got here.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 10:20:13 AM by Rjob749 »

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 10:17:25 AM »

Thanks Rjob749, It would be great if one of the big shots would post. This forum has seems to respect the opinions of all who enter.  Grandpadoc

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »

Never thought about it really, but why do they put two rain gauges in?  (air/gas)

One is actually dry bulb temp and the other is wet bulb, Rog...if you have both those readings you can figure out with your handy-dandy psychometric chart what the relative humidity is.  Tip: if it's 100%, it's probably raining... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »

One is actually dry bulb temp and the other is wet bulb, Rog...if you have both those readings you can figure out with your handy-dandy psychometric chart what the relative humidity is.  Tip: if it's 100%, it's probably raining... ;)

Thanks for the explanation Terry, now I know I need to carry more of my computer stuff with me to do it.

hogwander

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »

With an air temperature drop compensator chart everyone should be able to adjust the analog reading to the temperature just 16 inches above the tank.  I know that's what I do and I'm never wrong. My  watch has the built in compensator and reads dead on from 0-120mph. Above 120 I have trouble reading the numbers with my hands shaking and all :pineapple:
5 P's = Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 07:54:53 PM »

Aha! At last the true explanation.

I was misled by the official MoCo explantion that the fairing temperture gauge also known as the rain gauge also was the oral and/or rectal temperture of the fairing gnome that screws up my Harmon Kardon 147 feature radio from the depths of hell.

Of course many CVO owners have already upgraded to the fairing gremlin and the rare few have upgraded to the fairing hobogoblin.  Their HK radios only work when the humidity is perfect.  Those gauges are the indicators. ;)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 08:39:59 AM »

Aha! At last the true explanation.

I was misled by the official MoCo explantion that the fairing temperture gauge also known as the rain gauge also was the oral and/or rectal temperture of the fairing gnome that screws up my Harmon Kardon 147 feature radio from the depths of hell.

Of course many CVO owners have already upgraded to the fairing gremlin and the rare few have upgraded to the fairing hobogoblin.  Their HK radios only work when the humidity is perfect.  Those gauges are the indicators. ;)

iski,

I never tire of reading your posts. You have a great talent, being a smart a$$, to make your total BS actually interesting to read.

This may sound like a slap or crack on you, but I'm serious. I love your wacky posts.

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 06 SEFB
    • CVO2: 07 SEUC [gone]
    • CVO3: 15 SESG
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 11:32:03 AM »

What you guys don't understand is that the temp guage is HD's secret weapon to assure complete dominance of the goldwing/bmw crowd.  On my SEUC, even if the ambient temp on the goldwing next to me is 45 degrees and  he's  freezing your A$% off, Iwon't be cold or feeling a thing  on MY harley; the temp is always 85!  So the next time you need to explain to a goldwing guy why HD is better, forget the tattoos, beer and dress like a pirate stuff.  Just tell them that harley makes sure it's always warm when you're riding.....
I rode from SoCal to the sierras over the weekend;700 mile round trip went from Santa Monica, at 75 degrees and sea level, to Mammoth Lakes, at 8500 feet and 45 degrees.  Went through the high desert where the ambient temp was over 100. 
But not on MY harley.  If I felt hot or cold all I had to do was look at my temp guage to be reassured; it was always 85. 
What a great bike.........
Bikers know why dogs stick their heads out the window....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 12:14:11 PM »

I didn't know the rain gauge did all that chit  :nixweiss: .  I still ain't putting mine back in  >:( .

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »

iski,

I never tire of reading your posts. You have a great talent, being a smart a$$, to make your total BS actually interesting to read.

This may sound like a slap or crack on you, but I'm serious. I love your wacky posts.

Chief,
That's just the Fla. cracker comin' out in him.....  :P  ;D

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 01:25:44 PM »

Chief,

Well, I'm one of them there crackers too. Transplanted to GA after roasting my noodle in the FL sun for 30 years. Maybe I got out just in time.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »

I didn't know the rain gauge did all that chit  :nixweiss: .  I still ain't putting mine back in  >:( .

Don, obviously you did not purchase the HD Air Temperature/Rain Gauge/Fuel Gauge Supplemental Service Manual, part number FYITAOMT-DW?, $69.95, which includes the tiny wet condoms needed to place over the temperature sensor to read the wet bulbous temperature so you can accuately determine the temp/RH of whatever environment you are about to enter.  Critical information...the ommision may lead to serious injury, or Death.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »

tiny wet condoms needed to place over the temperature sensor to read the wet bulbous temperature so you can accuately determine the temp/RH of whatever environment you are about to enter. 

I just know he's talkin' dirty  :o .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 09:25:03 AM »

iski,

Thanks Chief.  I have little to no control over my posts for the most part.  I delete the really odd ones - usually.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 09:26:27 AM »

Chief,

? ? ?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 09:30:58 AM »

? ? ?

That's just wrong! It looks like a poodle humping a trunkless elephant.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 09:37:23 AM »

Need me one of those, could glue it to that gauge and when it disolves it raining. Does it have a part number?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 09:38:03 AM »

That's just wrong! It looks like a poodle humping a trunkless elephant.

;D ;D ;D

Midwestern variety crackers:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 09:39:35 AM »

Need me one of those, could glue it to that gauge and when it disolves it raining. Does it have a part number?

? ? ?

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 12:20:35 PM »

Told you this thread should have been moved to humor.   

Has anyone actually complained to the MoCo directly about the inaccuracy of this device and gotten a reply worthy of posting? 

I am assuming and perhaps incorrectly that they know their gage is inaccurate.  Is it possible that they think it works. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 12:47:58 PM »

Told you this thread should have been moved to humor.   

Has anyone actually complained to the MoCo directly about the inaccuracy of this device and gotten a reply worthy of posting? 

I am assuming and perhaps incorrectly that they know their gage is inaccurate.  Is it possible that they think it works. 

Yes I have.  They are aware of the inaccuracy.  No fix was mentioned, problem is multi year, multi bike.

My guess is they figure some of us will spend the bucks to install an oil temp gauge to replace the worthless rain gauge.  So its a financial decision on their part to leave it as is. IMHO

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2007, 12:51:58 PM »

Yes I have.  They are aware of the inaccuracy.  No fix was mentioned, problem is multi year, multi bike.

My guess is they figure some of us will spend the bucks to install an oil temp gauge to replace the worthless rain gauge.  So its a financial decision on their part to leave it as is. IMHO

Separate from the accuracy of the rain gauge; I've often wondered why it was ever put there to begin with.  What product engineer had the somewhat questionable idea that someone riding a motorcycle, out in the elements, for miles and miles; would actually gain some benefit from an ambient air temerature gauge. 

We are, literally, in the ambient environment as we ride.  So how is it that an air temp gauge is more beneficial (or of any benefit) when compared to something like an oil temp gauge.  Just always seemed an odd product choice to me.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »

Separate from the accuracy of the rain gauge; I've often wondered why it was ever put there to begin with.  What product engineer had the somewhat questionable idea that someone riding a motorcycle, out in the elements, for miles and miles; would actually gain some benefit from an ambient air temerature gauge. 

We are, literally, in the ambient environment as we ride.  So how is it that an air temp gauge is more beneficial (or of any benefit) when compared to something like an oil temp gauge.  Just always seemed an odd product choice to me.

The concept is ok - ride along and know what outside temperature it is.  No idea why we would wish to know the temperature INSIDE our fairings though.  For something even more useless, they could install a wind speed gauge perhaps.  An oil temp gauge would be very useful.  Maybe the same engineer designed the floorboards on my RK that left no room for my left foot - the rear shifter lever took up the back third of the board until I replaced the lever with an extended one.

Remember comments re:speedometers that were similar to our rain gauge discussion here.  No need for one, the tach tells you where you are at.  Few years ago, in dinosaur bike days.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »

If the dam thing worked and alerted you to freezing conditions where ice was about to form, then and only then it  may be worthwhile.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 02:44:34 PM by IROAR »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2007, 03:54:35 PM »

You FD guys Kill me! ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 08:59:56 AM »

You FD guys Kill me! ::) Hoist! 8)

We could go to jail for that.

In some states.

In other states, mebbe not?

When are you planning to visit Florida, BTW? 

;D

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »

...you know it could be measuring the temp of those two halogen bulbs. Info like that could be very useful and possibly save your life if you were on the bike at night and your headlights were out. In that instance the gauge would read normal ambient temp and you would know for sure something was horribly wrong. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:39:33 AM by grandpadoc »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »

We could go to jail for that.

In some states.

In other states, mebbe not?

When are you planning to visit Florida, BTW? 

;D

Hey iski! FL's not in this year's plans. You meeting us in Hot Springs? That's gonna be a blast! You should try to make that one. How about flying up to NYC for the weekend for the CVO BBQ at my house? ::) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »

Hey iski! FL's not in this year's plans. You meeting us in Hot Springs? That's gonna be a blast! You should try to make that one. How about flying up to NYC for the weekend for the CVO BBQ at my house? ::) Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie! -  When you ride this way let us know.  Considering Hot Springs but not sure at this point.  Would love to meet more of the CVO riders/posters and my BSR would love to meet the other BSR's from here - certain on that. A fun bunch of folks!

Going to Chattanooga for the Memorial Day weekend to ride around southern Tennessee with 5 other couples.  Jack Daniels - Lynchburg ride & some low mountains in the area - couples trip to a B & B.  1st week of June about 50 of us (guys only this trip) are hitting the Deal's Gap/western NC area - staying in Franklin, NC.

Hope you all have a great time at your BBQ!  Post pics!    ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »

Hey Howie! -  When you ride this way let us know.  Considering Hot Springs but not sure at this point.  Would love to meet more of the CVO riders/posters and my BSR would love to meet the other BSR's from here - certain on that. A fun bunch of folks!

Going to Chattanooga for the Memorial Day weekend to ride around southern Tennessee with 5 other couples.  Jack Daniels - Lynchburg ride & some low mountains in the area - couples trip to a B & B.  1st week of June about 50 of us (guys only this trip) are hitting the Deal's Gap/western NC area - staying in Franklin, NC.

Hope you all have a great time at your BBQ!  Post pics!    ;D

Sounds like some good riding trips iski. I really liked the JD factory tour! Make sure that they let you stick your head in one of them Whiskey Fermenters! Good Chit man! Then after the tour, ride over to the cemetary to JD's grave site to complete the experience. You can get specially aged commerorative Whiskey there, but no regular Whiskey. They're in a Dry County, so be prepared. After the tour, you might get a little thirsty, but you won't find your Nectar of the Gods there! Have fun on the Dragon too! Great riding area! Enjoy yor summer and we'll see you in Hot Springs!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

Sounds like some good riding trips iski. I really liked the JD factory tour! Make sure that they let you stick your head in one of them Whiskey Fermenters! Good Chit man! Then after the tour, ride over to the cemetary to JD's grave site to complete the experience. You can get specially aged commerorative Whiskey there, but no regular Whiskey. They're in a Dry County, so be prepared. After the tour, you might get a little thirsty, but you won't find your Nectar of the Gods there! Have fun on the Dragon too! Great riding area! Enjoy yor summer and we'll see you in Hot Springs!

Thanks Hoist.  A couple of us have been there before - you are right about those whisky fermenters.. mmmmmmmmmm

Was retelling the story of how old JD died last night.  Dry county - locals make but pretend not to drink it I suppose.  We are considering buying a barrel, but when we get there will find out who was serious and who was not.

Looking forward to the Dragon - most fun road I get to ride each year!  Will be riding starting tomorrow & finally getting a few days away from the old salt mine.  Reading about your trip got me primed and ready to go.  Have a great weekend!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »

Thanks Hoist.  A couple of us have been there before - you are right about those whisky fermenters.. mmmmmmmmmm

Was retelling the story of how old JD died last night.  Dry county - locals make but pretend not to drink it I suppose.  We are considering buying a barrel, but when we get there will find out who was serious and who was not.

Looking forward to the Dragon - most fun road I get to ride each year!  Will be riding starting tomorrow & finally getting a few days away from the old salt mine.  Reading about your trip got me primed and ready to go.  Have a great weekend!

Hey Mike...if you're messing around the 'Nooga area, be sure and sample the brews at River House, right across from the Aquarium downtown.  Good eats there too.  If you take a ride up the mountain towards Ruby Falls, stay on Lookout Mountain Parkway and take the short ride over to Cloudland Canyone State Park in Northeastern Georgia, if your schedule isn't already full.  You can take the Pkwy all the way into Mentone, AL and visit Little River Canyon, hop back on the interstate and be in Chattanooga in less than an hour from there.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 12:50:22 PM »

Hey Mike...if you're messing around the 'Nooga area, be sure and sample the brews at River House, right across from the Aquarium downtown.  Good eats there too.  If you take a ride up the mountain towards Ruby Falls, stay on Lookout Mountain Parkway and take the short ride over to Cloudland Canyone State Park in Northeastern Georgia, if your schedule isn't already full.  You can take the Pkwy all the way into Mentone, AL and visit Little River Canyon, hop back on the interstate and be in Chattanooga in less than an hour from there.

Thanks Terry.  Went to the Aquarium last year when HOG had there deal there in Aug. - wished we had known about the River House then.  Plans this trip - in consideration of the wimmens and all - include:

Ride from our B & B in Lookout Mt. Georgia to Lynchburg for the JD tour/lunch.  Next day ride to Fall Creek Falls and tour the area.  Very scenic.  I have been to both but my BSR and several on our trip have not.  Went to Ruby Falls last year also.

Afternoons are mostly free - the ride to Little River Canyon is a possibility.  Our route up from Tally takes us through Cloudland - we follow 27 up to Summerfield and then 138, 157, and some smaller twisty roads.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 01:12:08 PM »

Thanks Terry.  Went to the Aquarium last year when HOG had there deal there in Aug. - wished we had known about the River House then.  Plans this trip - in consideration of the wimmens and all - include:

Ride from our B & B in Lookout Mt. Georgia to Lynchburg for the JD tour/lunch.  Next day ride to Fall Creek Falls and tour the area.  Very scenic.  I have been to both but my BSR and several on our trip have not.  Went to Ruby Falls last year also.

Afternoons are mostly free - the ride to Little River Canyon is a possibility.  Our route up from Tally takes us through Cloudland - we follow 27 up to Summerfield and then 138, 157, and some smaller twisty roads.

If you're coming up from Sommerville and hanging a right, you'll be on the Lookout Mountain Pkwy.  If you don't turn there, continue a few miles, you'll be in Mentone, AL.  If you're there around lunch time, stop at Log Cabin Deli...quaint little place with home veggies and good sandwiches. Hot Fudge cake ain't bad either.  There's a couple of nicnak shops there too.  Little bitty town...the ride from there, continuing on LMP South takes you buy Desoto Falls, Desoto State Park, then over to Little River Canyon Falls, which is now probably a trickle because of the drought.  The ride around the canyon rim has several pull offs to view the canyon.  It's bigger/deeper than Cloudland...National Preserve status now.  Nice area of the state and worth a visit if time allows.

You MUST try River House!!!  Good brew and they have summer ales and others brewed on the premises.  Outdoor seating is available if the weather is good.  There's also a good Mexican place accross the street and around the corner with nice outdoor seating if you get a hankerin' for a margahootie.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »

If you're coming up from Sommerville and hanging a right, you'll be on the Lookout Mountain Pkwy.  If you don't turn there, continue a few miles, you'll be in Mentone, AL.  If you're there around lunch time, stop at Log Cabin Deli...quaint little place with home veggies and good sandwiches. Hot Fudge cake ain't bad either.  There's a couple of nicnak shops there too.  Little bitty town...the ride from there, continuing on LMP South takes you buy Desoto Falls, Desoto State Park, then over to Little River Canyon Falls, which is now probably a trickle because of the drought.  The ride around the canyon rim has several pull offs to view the canyon.  It's bigger/deeper than Cloudland...National Preserve status now.  Nice area of the state and worth a visit if time allows.

You MUST try River House!!!  Good brew and they have summer ales and others brewed on the premises.  Outdoor seating is available if the weather is good.  There's also a good Mexican place accross the street and around the corner with nice outdoor seating if you get a hankerin' for a margahootie.

All right!  River House will be my dinner suggestion.  Terkillya is my middle name.   :drink:

On the way up we are planning to get to Lookout early and then ride the area.  Will check with the other navigators on Little River Canyon Falls - may come back through AL from Lynchburg and that would be a great ride back up Lookout from there.

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 01:23:53 PM »

All right!  River House will be my dinner suggestion.  Terkillya is my middle name.   :drink:

On the way up we are planning to get to Lookout early and then ride the area.  Will check with the other navigators on Little River Canyon Falls - may come back through AL from Lynchburg and that would be a great ride back up Lookout from there.

Lay low on ther Terkillya till you arrive at your destination.  ;D
Have a safe and FUN trip

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »

Lay low on ther Terkillya till you arrive at your destination.  ;D
Have a safe and FUN trip

Thanks, HD.  No morjoreeters until we arrive - always.  Tekillya will kill ya if ya ride with tekillya goggles.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »

So many things to see/do, so little time...

Russell Cave Monument in extreme North Alabama is a pretty neat place too...ancient Native American dwelling.  The ride over from the Scottsboro, AL area towards Valley Head is nice too...anywhere around Lake Guntersville is nice.

The main thing is to have fun and be safe...you've got great weather from what it looks like.  Suzanne and I are headed for the lake (Martin) Saturday, Derek Trucks Band on Sunday night near the lake, then back Monday.

Here's what I think we need to do next Winter...a CVO member snow skiing trip in February to Park City, Utah!!!  Rent a house or a few condos, take the ladies...for those who don't ski, there's plenty of other stuff to do there.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »

So many things to see/do, so little time...

Russell Cave Monument in extreme North Alabama is a pretty neat place too...ancient Native American dwelling.  The ride over from the Scottsboro, AL area towards Valley Head is nice too...anywhere around Lake Guntersville is nice.

The main thing is to have fun and be safe...you've got great weather from what it looks like.  Suzanne and I are headed for the lake (Martin) Saturday, Derek Trucks Band on Sunday night near the lake, then back Monday.

Here's what I think we need to do next Winter...a CVO member snow skiing trip in February to Park City, Utah!!!  Rent a house or a few condos, take the ladies...for those who don't ski, there's plenty of other stuff to do there.

Friends own a place on Lake Guntersville - very pretty.  Road around Scottsboro & south of Huntsville quite a bit last year - great roads.

We road in the lake Martin area on our last trip to Bham when we met you and Suzanne. Lovely area. Hope you & Suzanne have a wonderful time!

I am in on the ski trip!!  Skied park a few years ago - great trails.  Deer Valley is not far away.  Skied Alta also.  There is tons of stuff to do in the area.  Some of the best snow in Utah, no doubt.  Not just an idle thought here - great idea Terry!   Wonder how many CVOers would be interested?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »

Friends own a place on Lake Guntersville - very pretty.  Road around Scottsboro & south of Huntsville quite a bit last year - great roads.

We road in the lake Martin area on our last trip to Bham when we met you and Suzanne. Lovely area. Hope you & Suzanne have a wonderful time!

I am in on the ski trip!!  Skied park a few years ago - great trails.  Deer Valley is not far away.  Skied Alta also.  There is tons of stuff to do in the area.  Some of the best snow in Utah, no doubt.  Not just an idle thought here - great idea Terry!   Wonder how many CVOers would be interested?

I've been kicking that idea around in my head for a few weeks now...Have skied PC four times, along with The Canyons, and Deer Valley.  I'm a skier, not a boarder, so really like Deer Valley for that reason.  The shuttle system around that area precludes the need for a rental, and a shuttle from the SLC airport is cheap.  Flights into SLC can be had for under 3 bills.  I didn't get to go this past season and am missing it.  I'm not great, but can do blues and tame blacks...groomers for me, and no moguls.  I just like to carve. 

I know Rjob used to ski...Special Ed does Xcountry but wants to downhill...I'll be there are several here who would be interested.  There are some very nice, huge homes for rent at Deer Valley...affordable if shared.  I think it would be a friggin' blast!!!  Feb is generally not a good riding month anyway, so it would be something to do and look forward to.  Suzanne doesn't like it, but loves to go to town and shop, so she's good to go.

I'm in...think we should post something in the Events section soon and see if we can generate interest? :bananarock:

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 04:49:27 PM »

I've been kicking that idea around in my head for a few weeks now...Have skied PC four times, along with The Canyons, and Deer Valley.  I'm a skier, not a boarder, so really like Deer Valley for that reason.  The shuttle system around that area precludes the need for a rental, and a shuttle from the SLC airport is cheap.  Flights into SLC can be had for under 3 bills.  I didn't get to go this past season and am missing it.  I'm not great, but can do blues and tame blacks...groomers for me, and no moguls.  I just like to carve. 

I know Rjob used to ski...Special Ed does Xcountry but wants to downhill...I'll be there are several here who would be interested.  There are some very nice, huge homes for rent at Deer Valley...affordable if shared.  I think it would be a friggin' blast!!!  Feb is generally not a good riding month anyway, so it would be something to do and look forward to.  Suzanne doesn't like it, but loves to go to town and shop, so she's good to go.

I'm in...think we should post something in the Events section soon and see if we can generate interest? :bananarock:

Agreed, Terry.  I do not snowboard but love to ski the blues and easier blacks - not so much on moguls anymore due to the knees.  Term myself a 'blue cruiser' at this point - have not been in several years.  Deer is nicer than Park (both are great).  Lisa quit skiing a few years back, but will snowmobile one day at least.  She & I have a blast for that day and then I go back to skiing and she shops. Count us in.

Why don't you post something in Events and see who is interested.  A sticky would be very helpful.  Should be a lot of fun.

Mike

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »

Mine is very accurate.  Next time you have the fairing off, relocate the sensor down to the lower open part of the fairing.  Ambient air will hit it when you ride.  Where it is from the factory, your headlight is heating it up.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2007, 10:47:37 PM »

I'm weird, we all know that so it should come as no surprise that I like my ambient temp guage. I call it my bitch guage. It tells me if it's really hot, or just plain hot, really cold or just cold. That way I know when it's ok to bitch about the weather.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2007, 09:37:03 AM »

...so when it's reading normal it means you need to change your bulbs. Clever of Harley to come up with a safety feature like that. DOT should make this mandatory on all vehicles.

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2007, 12:11:30 PM »

I found if you move the temperature pick-up to the backside (outside) the inner fairing, the reading will be much more realistic. It worked on both of our Road Glides.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2007, 08:41:26 AM »

I had my outter fairing off last week to change out my speakers, so at that time i extended the wiring and moved gauge sensor to the outside of the fairing...bottom of the backside of the innerfairing...what a difference...it actually reads the proper temp now, always used to read 20 degrees hotter that it actually was
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

dfrny

• '07 FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »

Scream - I did the same thing for the same reasons (Hawg Wired speaker install). I added a pig-tail and dropped the sensor to the center opening of the faring. It seems to be much more accurate now - although I still subscribe to the old statement of "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing" ie. I know when its cold or when its hot!  8) . I think that space would be better served by a more practical gauge like oil temp.

Of course now that I have moved the ambient temp probe I will never know when my headlight bulb burns out...............

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2007, 11:07:40 AM »

Scream, thanks for THE answer. Now if it would easier to change a light bulbs. What have other members done when they strip the plastic with the screws that hold the fairing together ?  I've used JB weld and put teflon tape around the screw so it could be turned out again. I would like to fiberglass brass threaded chingasses at all these points to make maintenance easier for gauge and headlight bulbs and whatever else lurks in there.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2007, 05:45:21 PM »

:ROFLOL:
"you know it could be measuring the temp of those two halogen bulbs. Info like that could be very useful and possibly save your life if you were on the bike at night and your headlights were out. In that instance the gauge would read normal ambient temp and you would know for sure something was horribly wrong. "

Damn, I think someone has broken the code on the silly, dysfunctional ambient (inside fairing) temperature/rain gauge.

:drink:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2007, 09:49:55 PM »

I've got my outer fairing off tonite to change my fork oil and figure I'll put the ambient air sensor outside of fairing to help its accuracy. I think it's the white plastic unit that has two wires coming from it (1 blue & 1 black) and it has a sort of wax melted in it, but the book is not clear on what the sensor looks like. I can't put it back together until tomorrow night because I forgot to get an oil pressure gauge lamp at the dealership to replace the one thats burned out. If anyone can help verify that this is the unit by tomorrow night I would appreciate it.

Thanks Ripp

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2007, 10:00:11 PM »

Here you go;

There is a small white box (about .5" x .75") attached to the fair brace with two wires (blue and black) going to it. This is the sensor and it can be moved wherever you want to by extending the wires. There is some play in the wires that are there.

Mike,

I was able to make my "ambient air temp" gauge actually usable by moving the sensor to the bottom of the lower triple tree.  I had to splice in a short length of 18 gauge wire, and then mounted the sensor with 3M double sided tape.  Now it remains pretty accurate (approx +/- 2.5°) as long as you are moving.  With the sensor in the stock location, all you get is a constantly rising temp reading as the sun and the headlight build up heat in the fairing.

I still remain totally amazed that some moron at H-D actually thought an ambient temp gauge would be a good idea on a motorcycle.  Usually when riding a bike (or in a convertible), sticking a bare finger up into the air flow will give you all the ambient air temp information you need.  I think I posted my opinion a year or two ago that H-D should have just applied the money they spent on the POS air temp and voltage gauges on improving the quality and accuracy of the important gauges (fuel and oil pressure).  JMHO

Jerry

Hope this answers the question :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2007, 10:02:15 PM »

Here you go;

Hope this answers the question :2vrolijk_21:

What did I say earlier about that .01% that dOOd misses!

Go Rog!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2007, 10:17:35 PM »

What did I say earlier about that .01% that dOOd misses!

Go Rog!

:2vrolijk_21:
Chip,
I'm impressed by that one. I'm thinking Roger had those posts saved because he is planning on moving the sensor. :huepfenlol2:

Good job Roger. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2007, 01:02:40 AM »

Chip,
I'm impressed by that one. I'm thinking Roger had those posts saved because he is planning on moving the sensor. :huepfenlol2:

Good job Roger. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

The spun aluminum rain gaugue thread was one of my favorites and I remember the guys that referred to moving the rain gauge sensor.  It's all about sitting on my azz by my computer at work and having the time to read the "top 40" etc.  I do enjoy jumping in with the references from time to time when I recall them though.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 01:09:16 AM by Rjob749 »

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »

Thanks again Rjob, I just removed the white portion and pushed the black clip and wires through the opening on the inner fairing towards the bezel and reatached the white portion and zip tied it to the throttle cables. It seems to be fairly accurate there. I can't believe Harley won't relocate this after all these years or replace it with the all popular rain gauge. ;)

Later Ripp

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »

Thanks again Rjob, I just removed the white portion and pushed the black clip and wires through the opening on the inner fairing towards the bezel and reatached the white portion and zip tied it to the throttle cables. It seems to be fairly accurate there. I can't believe Harley won't relocate this after all these years or replace it with the all popular rain gauge. ;)

Later Ripp

I guess they just want to make it a inner faring temp gauge.

Glad it worked out for you.  Better go test it for a couple hundred miles today :2vrolijk_21:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2009, 09:47:58 AM »

...ok, now it's 2009 has anything changed. I'm sure there has been a constant product upgrade on this item. What do you 09ers think ?  :nixweiss:  Doc

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2009, 10:23:20 AM »

Mine works fine, I have compared to others buy asking what theirs read. this instrument gives me the heads up as to weather condition changes. Like, temps are dropping,or climbing. gives me the heads up to pull over and either add clothes or hydrate
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »

Mine works, and did on my 98 FLTRI too.  The trouble I have with it is that is takes 30-40 minutes to equilibrate.  If I leave my garage it will read my garage temp until I get to work, at which point it will be pretty close to the outside temp.

I like to see when it is getting below mid 30s as I know it's time to head home before there is ice on the road.  With the heated seats and handgrips I have been surprised that it was that cold at times.  I hit a patch of ice last fall and it woke me up really quickly! :o

Megavolt17
Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »

First time I open the fairing the air temperature gauge will be replaced with an oil temperature gauge.  All I need to know about air temperature is that if there is no ice in my beard, it's warm enough to ride.   ;)
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »

First time I open the fairing the air temperature gauge will be replaced with an oil temperature gauge.  All I need to know about air temperature is that if there is no ice in my beard, it's warm enough to ride.    ;)

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Just like the rock gauge.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:53:21 PM by RJ749 »
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.395 seconds with 21 queries.