Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage  (Read 16740 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« on: January 21, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »

Well gang, I'll tell you this. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!

Power: For the frst 50 miles, I only had a 500 RPM range (2000-2500 RPM). There's just over 80 miles on it now, and I've been keeping it (up&down, up&down) between 2000 and 3000 RPM. The bike is much quicker and nimble with the bone stock set-up than any new HD I've ever owned. I can tell however, that you definitely need to let this thing breathe! My 89" Pro Street and '85 80" Hot-rodded FXWG will blow this thing away in stock form. But it might at least be a contest. Not like my stock '03 88" RK, which can't get out of its own way.

Handling: If HD doesn't set up every Touring Bike like this from here on in, we're getting robbed!!! The bike handles fantastic. I only have about 80 miles on it now. Too cold to get the tires good and heated and the radials take a little more break-in. With all that, you can throw this thing around like a toy! I thought I was riding the Pro Street. It feels so light and well balanced, it's like it's on Auto-pilot.

Heat: What heat! It never got out of the 20's so heat was not an issue. I was actually hoping I'd feel more of it at times. Brrr! But you can tell this thing needs to be set up properly. In the cold weather, you hear decel popping, even bone stock. Like when you added a performance exhaust and didn't rejet you carb. The mufflers are so quiet, you can barely hear it, but I know that sound! The mufflers are better than any stock HD's in recent years, but they gotta go!

Hydraulic clutch: No I didn't stall it. It's actually perfect. I keep my other bikes engagement right off the handlebars anyway. Better for quick launches. So, I like the hydraulic clutch so far! OK, you guys were right about that too!

Overall: THIS BIKE IS THE REAL DEAL. THE TOTAL PACKAGE. THE CAT'S ASS. DA BOMB. ETC! I see now why d00d thinks I won't be able to leave it alone for two years. I'm gonna need more restraint than my previous RK's, to leave it alone! The clunking is overrated. Barely noticable, but you definitely know its there. If I didn't join this site, I might have been surprised with some of the differences and noises. But you guys were right on the money with what to expect. The seating position is perfect for me. So is the new mid-low full-sized windshield I put on. Man it's like HD nailed the set-up, with some additional assistance from me, and built this bike just for me!!! Yeah, try and convince me to get a UC. Ha, Ha, Ha!!! You think Hoist is happy with this bike? ::)

Thanks for everyone's input and assistance. It certainly made knowing what to do and expect much easier. Now it's here. And I love it!!!

The following pics are from today. Enjoy them! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hoist's SERK Maiden Voyage
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »

At the dealer before getting ready to ride it for the first time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:05:04 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 06:06:11 PM »

Getting ready to ride it!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »

Another pre-launch shot!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 06:07:20 PM »

Another

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 06:08:01 PM »

Bike at home, only 14 miles on it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »

Another

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »

That's great news man.  Glad it was everything you'd hoped it would be.  Even better is next you even get to make it just a little bit more.  Great read of a great post.  Congrats all over again Howie.

Hey, that windshield looks perfect on there too!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:10:50 PM by twolanerider »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »

Another (if you didn't notice, I'm going around the bike)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

Rear end! (how do you like the custom plate. I've had it for years!)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 06:12:24 PM »

One more

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »

Almost around

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »

Last of the 360 deg views!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »

Always room for another pony in the stable. Creative garage rearranging!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 06:15:32 PM »

One more

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »

Last shot. I hope you enjoyed them I'm happier than a pig in chit! Just gotta thaw out now. I was so psyched to ride it, I didn't bother with the heatd gloves. No patience to figure out what to do with all those stupid wires!!! Later. ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »

That's great news man.  Glad it was everything you'd hoped it would be.  Even better is next you even get to make it just a little bit more.  Great read of a great post.  Congrats all over again Howie.

[highlight]Hey, that windshield looks perfect on there too[/highlight]!

Thank you very much Don! and yes, that windshield is perfect for me! ;) Hoist! 8-)

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTK
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »

Congrats Howie, looks absolutely great.  Also good to hear your weather was nice enough to ride her home.
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

hogasm

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »

I guess all that furniture that was in your garage had to find a new home [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Looks like you might need an addition to the garage. They look cozy in there.

After the first ride, you still think the 2 year warranty is going to stay intact ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »

Congrats Howie, looks absolutely great.  Also good to hear your weather was nice enough to ride her home.

Thanks HB, was it cold today? I didn't notice until after about 3 hours. I'd run the bike 5 or 10 miles and shut it down and let it cool off. I did that all afternoon.The last stint was after breaking 50 miles. Then I took on about a 25 mile run amd brougt it up to 3 grand! That last leg was cold! Most of the day I didn't notice though! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 06:37:53 PM »

I guess all that furniture that was in your garage had to find a new home [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Looks like you might need an addition to the garage. They look cozy in there.

[highlight]After the first ride, you still think the 2 year warranty is going to stay intact[/highlight] ;)

I'll be in better shape when I sell my '03RK! Three bikes fit fine. Four's a stretch. The furniture's outside and stays there. I just bring the cushions in. in winter. I gotta tell you, it probably will be tough to maintain that 2 Year Warranty. But I'm determined to do so! If I can hold off on the cams for 2 years, I'll be fine! ::) Hoist! 8-)

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 06:38:24 PM »

Howie,
That bike looks great in your pics and I love the look of the Road Kings.  I just traded in my 04 Road King Classic for the 07 SE Ultra and that baby took me to Canada and back around the southern states to South Carolina.  My buddies said the Ultra was for "older fellas" and I told them the Ultra is the Caddy of HD with all the creature comforts, so I know the 07 SE Ultra should probably take me to the moon and back. And heck I am only 35 years old, I figure when I go on 5K mile plus trips, TimBone is gonna be comfy.
There looks like room for an Ultra in that garage, so no need to give up the Road King!!!
Have Fun with it.
TimBone
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:39:39 PM by tigertr71 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »

Rear end! (how do you like the custom plate. I've had it for years!)

Lookin' good my man [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I leave for a couple hours and wham 2 pages of pics.

And we thought your post rate would drop when you got the new SERK on the road.  NOT!

Oh, for the slower members, I thought I'd help them out on your license plate too. ::)  Funny all but the T inverts.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:44:49 PM by Rjob749 »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »

Howie,
Glad to see your baby made it home.  Great looking ride.  Do those moustache engine guards come standard on the SERK?  They look really nice on that ride.  

Ride safe.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 06:45:13 PM »

Howie,
That bike looks great in your pics and I love the look of the Road Kings.  I just traded in my 04 Road King Classic for the 07 SE Ultra and that baby took me to Canada and back around the southern states to South Carolina.  My buddies said the Ultra was for "older fellas" and I told them the Ultra is the Caddy of HD with all the creature comforts, so I know the 07 SE Ultra should probably take me to the moon and back. And heck I am only 35 years old, I figure when I go on 5K mile plus trips, TimBone is gonna be comfy.
There looks like room for an Ultra in that garage, so no need to give up the Road King!!!
Have Fun with it.
TimBone

Thanks TimBone. I hear ya on the UC. I'm a RK guy. Have been since '95. I had an EG in '98. Got rid of it and got another RK 2 months later. Liked the radio though! Don't miss it enough to get another fairing bike! 10K trips in 3 weeks are no problem at all for me on the RK (and I'm much older than you!). And this SERK is the ultimate RK! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »

Lookin' good my man [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I leave for a couple hours and wham 2 pages of pics.

And we thought your post rate would drop when you got the new SERK on the road.  NOT!

Oh, for the slower members, I thought I'd help them out on your license plate too. ::)  Funny all but the T inverts.

Way to go Rog. You know people always ask me what it's short for. No one thinks to read it backwards. Like naitram! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Bagger

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »

Great looking scooter there, Howie.  I never noticed the way the tail light was done until you sent these pics.  I'm lovin' it.  Thanks for sharing.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 06:49:17 PM »

Howie,
Glad to see your baby made it home.  Great looking ride.  Do those moustache engine guards come standard on the SERK?  They look really nice on that ride.  

Ride safe.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

Thanks Red, yes that is the standard engine guard for this bike. They also match the highway pads on it to the Ironside Collection on the '07 SERK. ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »

Great looking scooter there, Howie.  I never noticed the way the tail light was done until you sent these pics.  I'm lovin' it.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Henry. My dealer didn't want to mess the bike up with dealer logos. So he put a small round NYCHD metal label on the tail light. I've left it there for now. But I'll probably remove it. They were supposed to remove the reflectors but forgot to do so. Those have got to go too! ;) Hoist! 8-)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 06:58:51 PM »

Thanks Henry. My dealer didn't want to mess the bike up with dealer logos. So he put a small round NYCHD metal label on the tail light. I've left it there for now. But I'll probably remove it. They were supposed to remove the reflectors but forgot to do so. Those have got to go too! ;) Hoist! 8-)
Howie,
Odd place to put the dealer button.  Normally they put them on the top of the handle bars in the center or the dipstick top.  Never seen it on the tail light before.  Different location.... :-?
cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:26 PM »

Hoist, what camera do you use for those?
Those are really good clear pics and if it's a point and shoot, would like to know as I would like a small back-up to my digital SLR.
Thanks!  

Bagger

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »

Howie,
Odd place to put the dealer button.  Normally they put them on the top of the handle bars in the center or the dipstick top.  Never seen it on the tail light before.  Different location.... :-?
cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

I've never seen it there either, but as I recall, the dipsticks have changed for 07 and the dots won't fit........I could be wrong.......as I only glanced at it, made a mental note that the whole area looked "different" and moved on.  Doesn't matter tho'.  It won't be there long.  DAMN!  That bike is awesome.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »

Hoist, what camera do you use for those?
Those are really good clear pics and if it's a point and shoot, would like to know as I would like a small back-up to my digital SLR.
Thanks!  

It's a Canon PowerShot SD550 Digital ELPH. It's really small and compact and has a very large display. It fits easily in the pocket of my leather jacket. We've been happy with it. It needs a better zoom though. That's my only complaint. ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »

I've never seen it there either, but as I recall, the dipsticks have changed for 07 and the dots won't fit........I could be wrong.......as I only glanced at it, made a mental note that the whole area looked "different" and moved on.  Doesn't matter tho'.  It won't be there long.  DAMN!  That bike is awesome.

Thanks Red and Henry. I thought it was a strange place myself. But after them being so good to me, I didn't want to insult them and ask them to remove it. They deserve a little publicity from me. It'll be gone soon though. ;) Hoist! 8-)

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »

Handling: If HD doesn't set up every Touring Bike like this from here on in, we're getting robbed!!! The bike handles fantastic. I only have about 80 miles on it now. Too cold to get the tires good and heated and the radials take a little more break-in. With all that, you can throw this thing around like a toy! I thought I was riding the Pro Street. It feels so light and well balanced, it's like it's on Auto-pilot.

Congrats on finally getting it under.  See, all that raving I've been doing about how great that bike handles wasn't just BS or my infaturation with the bike in general.  They really did do it right.  I finally got to ride mine today with the RH slip-ons and being able to hear the engine and knowing when to shift from the sound makes it even more enjoyable.  Can't wait to get the SERT and dyno done.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 now a 117", stage 4 heads, 10.5:1, HPI 58mm TB, Bob Wood 408-6 cams, Borezilla 2-1, SAE dyno 141Tq/139Hp no radio, no windshield, just fast!
    • Battlefield Motorcycle Club
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »

Congrats! come on spring or at least a sunny 35. Hoody

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »

Congrats on finally getting it under.  See, all that raving I've been doing about how great that bike handles wasn't just BS or my infaturation with the bike in general.  They really did do it right.  I finally got to ride mine today with the RH slip-ons and being able to hear the engine and knowing when to shift from the sound makes it even more enjoyable.  Can't wait to get the SERT and dyno done.

Right on the money Bob. You were 100% correct in the bike's handling. Like you, I haven't even pushed it yet. You can tell this bike will stick a lot better in turns than bias ply tires! I think when the tires are broken-in and it gets warmer, these things are gonna be glued to the road! So I got the bike, and I'm back to waiting. Waiting for the SPO's, True-Track, PC, Dyno-tune, 1000 mi break-in, another Dyno-tune, warmer weather. I guess we really never stop waiting for things, do we! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »

Congrats! come on spring or at least a sunny 35. Hoody

Thanks hoody, I hope we get another warm spell too. I just missed 70 deg weather by 2 weeks. There'll be more! Later. ;) Hoist! 8-)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »

Sweet pictures Howie! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Your a proud Papa and I'm proud for ya Buddy! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »

Howie,
Congratulations!  Great pictures.  Bet it was hard not to roll on that throttle :-/.  Be safe up there.  Nasty weather down my way.  About 2 inches of snow and freezing rain falling now.  I still haven't been able to find snow tires for my Ultra  ;D.  Enjoy friend and ride safe,
Tony

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2007, 08:37:37 PM »

Thanks so much John and Tony. Maiden Voyage was really great. The first 50 miles was rough because you're keeping the bike between 2000 and 2500 RPM. After the first 50, I picked up another 500 RPM. It was more fun having a 1000 RPM range than 500. But next wait is longer to 4000 RPM. I'm gonna wait until 250-500 miles and drop the SYN3 out, put my M1VT, RLSP and RLMTL in, put the PC & SPO's on and have it Dyno-tuned to 4000 RPM. I'm expecting a little more fun then. Then I'm doing the 1K service and WOT Dyno-tune, until 1000 miles and full fun!!! So I guess I'm still waiing, huh? ;) Hoist! 8-)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »

Nice bike, garage looks like it's getting full.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

Hoist! you da man!!!

This as to be [highlight]the[/highlight] most anticipated SERK.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

3 pages & still going!

Best of luck.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 10:51:02 PM »

Nice bike, garage looks like it's getting full.

Thanks M_M. Getting full? It was workable with the 3. The 4th just made it impossible. Living in the big city definitely restricts your space allocations. I'm lucky I have a garage that can fit more than 2. I have to sell the '03 RK and it'll be liveable again. But in a few more years there'll be another city boy moving down south to NC. I'll be looking to stretch out a little down there! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 10:59:05 PM »

Hoist! you da man!!!

This as to be [highlight]the[/highlight] most anticipated SERK.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

3 pages & still going!

Best of luck.

Thanks AJ. Yeah man, it's finally done! I'm surprised that after all the hype the last 3 months, that it still met all of my expectations. That's pretty impressive. Especially since I held the bar pretty high for HD, in my mind. I know what RK's feel like pretty darn good. And I had this preconceived notion of what the RK needed to be perfect. Then they intro'd the '07 SERK. It had all this chit that I knew it needed. And they pulled it off! Now I just gotta move on to other anticipations! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 02:08:57 AM »

True-Track,

Even with the rear handling feel you're describing still going to use the True Track right away?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 02:36:57 AM »

Even with the rear handling feel you're describing still going to use the True Track right away?

I still want to try it. The handling is one thing. The better geometry and the radials allow you to feel the difference in that right away. But you can still feel that "clunky" rubber-mounted swingarm of old. I'm convinced that stabilizing the swingarm will help the problems associated with the "clunky swingarm". I haven't pushed it at all, but I can still feel that familiar "clunk" over NYC bumps, which means that aspect of the bike hasn't changed. Maybe this stabilizer is exactly what it's supposed to have in the first place. ;) Hoist! 8-)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 02:39:43 AM by Hoist »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2007, 02:40:04 AM »

Now a whole new question pops in my warped little head.  Wonder if the greater rigidity of radial tire will transmit back through the frame and swingarm such that swingarm bushings will wear out faster?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2007, 02:42:49 AM »

Now a whole new question pops in my warped little head.  Wonder if the greater rigidity of radial tire will transmit back through the frame and swingarm such that swingarm bushings will wear out faster?

All the more reason for the stabilzer! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2007, 02:44:48 AM »

All the more reason for the stabilzer! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Yeap, exactly what I was thinking.  You might have just stumbled on to an ideal 1-2 combination.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2007, 02:50:24 AM »

Yeap, exactly what I was thinking.  You might have just stumbled on to an ideal 1-2 combination.

Which also means it will also be taking care of the other common issues associated with it, that won't be gone either. All the ones True-Track talks about. And it's a racing trick, so it's gotta be good! ;) Hoist! 8-)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:00:06 AM by Hoist »

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2007, 03:33:13 AM »

I wish you a good night
with your baby,
and without the ghosts of the warranty  ;)

Jacques

********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2007, 09:12:05 AM »

I've heard that the replaceing the swing arm bushings with the velva ride one make a huge difference.  
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »

Howie, congrats man.  Not able to check on the site last night but so glad to see the post this morning.

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »

[smiley=soapbox.gif]
Okay all, in case you haven't noticed, since Hoists bike arrived and he started posting on the "Pictures" board, the "Road King" board has been a virtual ghost town.  Man oh man, Hoist, did you realize you are the catalyst for all conversations "Road King"?

You should be proud of yourself, you're like the Pied Piper with all of us rats following you.  Just be careful where you lead us 'cause apparently we're at your mercy.   ;)
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

Hoist,

Thanks so much for this thread.  Reading your review brought back all the great memories of my first weekend with the new bike.  And oh by the way over 500 miles in (I would like to have twice those miles, cursed snow) and none of the eliation has diminshed.

Not that I need to say this, but let us know how much differenc the True-Track makes.  That is one of the items on my list to bribe  [smiley=drink.gif] Don into helping me install.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  The exhaust is still first on the list though.  I'm old, I need a bike that I can hear when I'm going faster than 50mph.

Later,
Ghost

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2007, 12:51:18 PM »

Congrats on the new bike Hoist.  Glad to hear it is everything you expected and more.  It's hard to tell you are happy with it.  Yeh right!!!

Enjoy and ride safe, Moe [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2007, 02:18:21 PM »

[smiley=soapbox.gif]
Okay all, in case you haven't noticed, since Hoists bike arrived and he started posting on the "Pictures" board, the "Road King" board has been a virtual ghost town.  Man oh man, Hoist, did you realize you are the catalyst for all conversations "Road King"?

[highlight]You should be proud of yourself, you're like the Pied Piper with all of us rats following you.  Just be careful where you lead us 'cause apparently we're at your mercy. [/highlight]  ;)

Hey Bob, I did that in case the rest of the group wanted to see them. Some people don't check Sections unrelated to their Model. Didn't realize I was such a catalyst!

Maybe the SERK Section needs a Moderator of its own? ::)

Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2007, 02:24:51 PM »

I've heard that the replaceing the swing arm bushings with the velva ride one make a huge difference.  

I use them on my Pro Street and it made a big difference. But you can still feel some movement. I'm hoping the True-Track eliminates most of that by limiting the lateral movement. I've lived with it on all mt FLH's , but this True-Track seems like a part that the factory should provide in the first place and it makes sense that it should work as advertised. Everyone here that has it, raves about it. We'll see! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2007, 02:30:16 PM »

bis, Jerry, and Moe, Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed riding it yesterday, even though it was a bit nippy. It's getting worse thanks to you guys from Canada send your Arctic Jetstream my way! ::) I see I won't be riding every day for a little while. But that bike is awesome! ;) Hoist! 8-)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »

Congratulations on the new wheels Hoist! Thanks for sharing the photos! BUT, how do you manage to get three bikes and not get divorced?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »

Hoist,

Thanks so much for this thread.  Reading your review brought back all the great memories of my first weekend with the new bike.  And oh by the way over 500 miles in (I would like to have twice those miles, cursed snow) and none of the eliation has diminshed.

Not that I need to say this, but let us know how much differenc the True-Track makes.  That is one of the items on my list to bribe  [smiley=drink.gif] Don into helping me install.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  The exhaust is still first on the list though.  I'm old, I need a bike that I can hear when I'm going faster than 50mph.

Later,
Ghost

Thanks Travis, I'm hoping to get some of that good weather back myself. I don't have it near as bad as you did. glad you got your power back in time to keep up with this. I'll definitely offer my take on the True-Track after it's in. I was hoping for next week. With the weather leaving here, It's all up in the air. I have the part, so it's definitely gonna happen. When? Good question! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »

Congratulations on the new wheels Hoist! Thanks for sharing the photos! BUT, how do you manage to get three bikes and not get divorced?

Thanks Hogbreath. I had the bikes before the wife. She already knew the deal going in. Sometimes it's easier the second time around! ::) If you look closer, there's four. My Pro Street's buried in the back perpendicular to the other three. ;) Hoist! 8-)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »

Thanks Hogbreath. I had the bikes before the wife. She already knew the deal going in. Sometimes it's easier the second time around! ::) If you look closer, there's four. My Pro Street's buried in the back perpendicular to the other three. ;) Hoist! 8-)

Four wifes? or Four bikes? GREAT looking RK! The RK was my second choice after the UC. I take the UC and strip it down. with the RK, I could simply add parts. It's probably a much easier bike to change the look of.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »

Four wifes? or Four bikes? GREAT looking RK! The RK was my second choice after the UC. I take the UC and strip it down. with the RK, I could simply add parts. It's probably a much easier bike to change the look of.

How'd you guess my wife's name is Pro Street! ::) If you like a fairing and all the electronics, you buy an Ultra. If you want only a touring motorcycle, you buy an RK. You can add and take-off stuff with either. But neither one will ever convert to the other! ;) Hoist! 8-)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »

Your wife "ProStreet" is buried in the back with the other three? And You admit this online????

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »

Your wife "ProStreet" is buried in the back with the other three? And You admit this online????

Ooops! :o Hoist! 8-)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2007, 04:45:58 PM »

No wonder you can afford four bikes

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2007, 05:00:48 PM »

No wonder you can afford four bikes

"Certain restrictions do apply". The '03 RK was supposed to be sold already. That one's gone in the Spring. Three's the limit! And that's not wives! ;) Hoist! 8-)

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2007, 05:01:44 PM »

Hey wait a minute...Hmmmm...I just did up the wifes life insurance?
Naw...couldnt do that...love "r to much...almost as much as the bike!!!
Crap...did I just put that in writing...???   :o
 ;D ;D ;D
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »

Three wives would put me in the insane asylum! *unless they were all three like my wife* (She may be watching)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »

Howie,

Glad you're happy with the new toy!  From the pictures, it looks like Queens.  The roads still as messed up as when I left 16 years ago?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »

Howie,

Glad you're happy with the new toy!  From the pictures, it looks like Queens.  The roads still as messed up as when I left 16 years ago?

Give that man a cigar! Thanks a lot Ernie. Yeah, I really like this bike. The roads here overall are nowhere near as bad as they were when the democrats ruled the city! (this is not political, so don't start) ;D With all the expansion, construction, and infrastructure improvements, they've done much better keeping up with them. You still know you're on NYC streets though, if you know what I mean! ;) Hoist! 8-)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »

Thanks for the pics Ernie. Nice ride. Congrats on the addition to an already righteous stable of bikes. By the way, how much beer can you carry home on that luggage rack ? It's humongous  :D

B B
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:42:41 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »

Thanks for the pics [highlight]Ernie[/highlight]. Nice ride. Congrats on the addition to an already righteous stable of bikes. By the way, how much beer can you carry home on that luggage rack ? It's humongous  :D

B B

I know you meant me, B B. Thanks man. Coming from you, that means a lot. That's HD's 2-up luggage rack. It's my answer to the TP. I just got the bike home from picking it up. It came off immediately after. It holds the largest SAC sissy bar bag they make. We have room for 3 weeks on the road. It's only for trips. And because of that, you can save a saddlebag for the beer! ;) Hoist! 8-)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »

[highlight]I know you meant me, B B.[/highlight] Thanks man. Coming from you, that means a lot. That's HD's 2-up luggage rack. It's my answer to the TP. I just got the bike home from picking it up. It came off immediately after. It holds the largest SAC sissy bar bag they make. We have room for 3 weeks on the road. It's only for trips. And because of that, you can save a saddlebag for the beer! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Howie,
          Sorry Dude, I got off on the Bert and Ernie trip when you two had your little love-in the other night. Sheesh  ;D ;D ;D

B B

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2007, 08:34:10 AM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

jclark3603

• 07 Black Ice Road King
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »

[smiley=orange.gif]
Hoist it has been great following your adventure I have the exact same bike comming - It was supposed to be in this week but hasnt shown up yet - I have been soaking up every last bit of info from you guys and any problems that you have incountered - Of course I dirve my dealer crazy checking to see if they are encountering any of the problems I read about - LOL Its been great following your adventure

Bagger

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »

Howie,
          Sorry Dude, I got off on the Bert and Ernie trip when you two had your little love-in the other night. Sheesh  ;D ;D ;D

B B

Whatsa matta SPIDERMAN?  You just a little upset because the focus is on Hoist's scoot, thus knocking you out of the limelight?  Too bad, Brother.  But if it makes you feel better, you have a nice set of scoots as well.  There, you feel better now?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2007, 12:06:54 PM »

[smiley=orange.gif]
Hoist it has been great following your adventure I have the exact same bike comming - It was supposed to be in this week but hasnt shown up yet - I have been soaking up every last bit of info from you guys and any problems that you have incountered - Of course I dirve my dealer crazy checking to see if they are encountering any of the problems I read about - LOL Its been great following your adventure

Hey JC welcome aboard! I glad my escapades are able to help you understand what we face with these new bikes. i spent 2-1/2 months here, learning what I know now about these new SE bikes. You're gonna love this place too! ;) Hoist! 8-)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »

Hoist,

Thought you might be posting some more pics by now.  Don't let these guys give you a hard time... ;D Post away my man.  We need to see some more shots of that baby.

Have you put anymore of your "stuff" on it yet, i.e. true-track, etc.?
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2007, 01:08:12 PM »

Hoist,

Thought you might be posting some more pics by now.  Don't let these guys give you a hard time... ;D Post away my man.  We need to see some more shots of that baby.

Have you put anymore of your "stuff" on it yet, i.e. true-track, etc.?

Hey John, I'm not easily intimidated and have not become post-shy! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I take it as good-natured ribbing, not malicious anyway. It's been a frozen tundra here after I got the bike. Yesterday was 10 deg F. My friend's shop was closed last week, as they were in Vegas at PC training. I'm hoping it's nice enough to bring it in next week. When I do, you know there'll be a new thread showing all the mods. Next week is Doherty PP with S&S Teardrop Cover, S&S SPO's, PC w/ O2 elims, True-Track, SS Fuel lines w/ chrome tank hardware (look d00d, chrome!) and my Chromedome sculpted eagle polished alum (sorry d00d, not chrome) horn cover.

Hopefully next week will be another good one in the life of Hoist's SERK! ;) Hoist! 8-)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2007, 08:59:19 PM »

just talked to the tech at my dealer today,, asking him about the differences  between the PC111, and the sert.  he recommended that before I go to Daytona, that I have the PC installed.  he figures all the stop & go traffic I'll hit down there,will not be good for the bike with such low miles on it.  he prefers the PC over the sert,  specially the way I ride.  

SO, it goes in Monday to get dynoed. then the PC installed and redynoed and set up. he says the PC is just as good as the sert at way less cost.  his word is good for me, they have always treated me right. hope the weather changes soon. its freaking cold. [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif]

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »

has anyone seen that the breakin RPM is up to 5000 on the SERK 07, My 05 deuce book said 3000 for the first 500 miles. Why the change in RPM  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2007, 01:19:25 AM »

just talked to the tech at my dealer today,, asking him about the differences  between the PC111, and the sert.  he recommended that before I go to Daytona, that I have the PC installed.  he figures all the stop & go traffic I'll hit down there,will not be good for the bike with such low miles on it.  he prefers the PC over the sert,  specially the way I ride.  

SO, it goes in Monday to get dynoed. then the PC installed and redynoed and set up. he says the PC is just as good as the sert at way less cost.  his word is good for me, they have always treated me right. hope the weather changes soon. its freaking cold. [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif] [smiley=coolblue.gif]

How many miles you got on now Dennis? I'm putting my PC on next week also. I'm only gonna Dyno to 4K RPM with only 70 miles on it. Did you do any exhaust yet? I'd be curious to compare maps after they're both Dyno'd. Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2007, 01:24:38 AM »

has anyone seen that the breakin RPM is up to 5000 on the SERK 07, My 05 deuce book said 3000 for the first 500 miles. Why the change in RPM  Billy

Not sure on that Blly, but I wont bring it past 2500 RPM first 50 mi., 3000 gradually to 4000 until 500 mi., then gradually to 5000 to 1000 mi. Then 1K mile  service and WOT Dyno-tune. Look out! ;) Hoist! 8-)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2007, 03:56:15 AM »

Morning jclarck3603 !

Welcome on this site from the other border : FRANCE. :)
It'll be nice for the other members if you presente you in the thread "New Members Introduction" [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When you receive your bike, do'nt hesitate to finish your presentation with a pic. ;)
Best regards
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »

Hoist,
put some mufflers on after 14 miles.  got them new on ebay for $100 w/ship included.
they are called Max performance.  basically stock touring mufflers that have been proffesionaly hollowed out and had baffles reset in 3 different grades. I'm using the Max 3's.  Love em. sound great. used the Max 2's on the RK I traded in. Those also sounded good.
have 277 miles on right now. Guess I'll have to wait till Daytona to truely test everything. [smiley=apple.gif]

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »

Hoist,
put some mufflers on after 14 miles.  got them new on ebay for $100 w/ship included.
they are called Max performance.  basically stock touring mufflers that have been proffesionaly hollowed out and had baffles reset in 3 different grades. I'm using the Max 3's.  Love em. sound great. used the Max 2's on the RK I traded in. Those also sounded good.
have 277 miles on right now. Guess I'll have to wait till Daytona to truely test everything. [smiley=apple.gif]

Cool Dennis, let's compare tuning then, since I'm only doing mufflers right now also. They should come close to each other. Can't wait to get those SPO's on already! It's already 40 today. I might catch your mileage by the end of the day! ;) Hoist! 8-)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »

we just got a few inches of snow here and the roads are white with salt.I won't be doing any riding soon. temps are in 20's(low).

have a good ride. [smiley=apple.gif]

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »

we just got a few inches of snow here and the roads are white with salt.I won't be doing any riding soon. temps are in 20's(low).

have a good ride. [smiley=apple.gif]

I know what you mean. Here in NJ the snow is gone for now but there's enough salt around to take care of any ice till spring. 8)
WOODY

MichaelHDMD

• FLHRSE3 - SCRMN7

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2007, 11:17:33 PM »

Hoist's - What passing lamp setup did you go with?  Did they use the old (new rather) turn signals and just relocate them?  Can I get a close-up pic of that setup.....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2007, 02:30:49 AM »

Hoist's - What passing lamp setup did you go with?  Did they use the old (new rather) turn signals and just relocate them?  Can I get a close-up pic of that setup.....

Hey Michael, I used the parts on Page 519, Custom Aux Lighting Bracket Kit. You need new turn signals an retaining rings and bulbs for the passing lamps. If you don't have an HD acc'y catalog, let me know, I'll look-up the P/Ns for you. I posted them here somewhere. If anyone has them, maybe you can show a link. There are other pics shown on the thread "Some New Mods". The catalog has a great pic too. Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »

Hey Michael, I used the parts on Page 519, Custom Aux Lighting Bracket Kit. You need new turn signals an retaining rings and bulbs for the passing lamps. If you don't have an HD acc'y catalog, let me know, I'll look-up the P/Ns for you. I posted them here somewhere. If anyone has them, maybe you can show a link. There are other pics shown on the thread "Some New Mods". The catalog has a great pic too. Hoist! 8)

This was the list you did Howie.

Added: Woody and anyone else interested, the parts list for the lighting and some other mods:

K&N A/F HD-0800 (approx $50); HD 53988-07 ($54.95 List) 2-up luggage rack/tour-pak detachable hardware kit; HD 69227-04A (222.44) Aux Light Bracket (from FLHXstyle for FLHR)for detachable windshields w/ HD 69228-04 ($45.62) smoked bullet turn signals, HD 69622-99B (29.90) frenched-in passing lamp trim ring, HD-68208-98A ($67.95List) halogen lamps and 69235-04 ($7.21) hardware kit; HD 69627-99 ($26.16)  frenched-in headlamp trim ring (to match passing lamps); oil temp/level dipstick; *True-Track; *HD 63698-02 ($27.42) braided S/S crossover line kit; *HD 63020-04 ($31.36) Braided SS Fuel Line; *HD 62809-06 ($21.56) fuel tank fitting cover; *S&S SPO Mufflers( approx $400) and *PCIII USB (approx $375). I will be testing it to see if the TD's will be necessary as well. If the heat's OK, I'll use the stock headpipes, If not, I'll Dyno it at 1K mi with the stock headpipes and then again with the TD's on. I'm real curious to see the difference. If the heat's OK, I'll just Dyno-tune it that way at 1K mi and leave the stock headpipes. 

I hope I got these right. Doublecheck the parts catalog.

Hoist! 8-)

Cheers,

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2007, 02:19:49 PM »

This was the list you did Howie.

Added: Woody and anyone else interested, the parts list for the lighting and some other mods:

K&N A/F HD-0800 (approx $50); HD 53988-07 ($54.95 List) 2-up luggage rack/tour-pak detachable hardware kit; HD 69227-04A (222.44) Aux Light Bracket (from FLHXstyle for FLHR)for detachable windshields w/ HD 69228-04 ($45.62) smoked bullet turn signals, HD 69622-99B (29.90) frenched-in passing lamp trim ring, HD-68208-98A ($67.95List) halogen lamps and 69235-04 ($7.21) hardware kit; HD 69627-99 ($26.16)  frenched-in headlamp trim ring (to match passing lamps); oil temp/level dipstick; *True-Track; *HD 63698-02 ($27.42) braided S/S crossover line kit; *HD 63020-04 ($31.36) Braided SS Fuel Line; *HD 62809-06 ($21.56) fuel tank fitting cover; *S&S SPO Mufflers( approx $400) and *PCIII USB (approx $375). I will be testing it to see if the TD's will be necessary as well. If the heat's OK, I'll use the stock headpipes, If not, I'll Dyno it at 1K mi with the stock headpipes and then again with the TD's on. I'm real curious to see the difference. If the heat's OK, I'll just Dyno-tune it that way at 1K mi and leave the stock headpipes. 

I hope I got these right. Doublecheck the parts catalog.

Hoist! 8-)

Cheers,

Nige

Thanks so much Nige. The only change is that I did not use the factory headpipes at all. I put the V&H True Duals on from the beginning (approx. $350). ;) Hoist! 8)

This should do it for you Michael!

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.481 seconds with 20 queries.