Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: No Respect  (Read 5093 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: No Respect
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »

I think everyone should go to a motorcycle edicate school......~mike~
There you go. :2vrolijk_21: While they are teaching, add a little more bike info to the standard auto test as opposed to three or four lines.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 06:31:58 PM »

BB,
What that a-hole did with his cig was just plain wrong, and the yuppie mom with her hord, well, the "C" word comes to mind about her.  Unfortunately, it's not just California, it's everywhere.  Nobody has respect for anybody's property anymore.  It doesn't matter what you own, that fact that it's not theirs is reason enough to care less.   I feel your pain bro...it's happen to me more than once. :-*
Cheers  :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 11:46:13 PM »

Chip,
      You are sooooooooo right my friend. Sometimes it seems like there could be two bikes in an empty WALMART sized parking lot and the other doofus has to park so close, he kicks my bike when he swings his leg over.

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Same thing happened to me today. Went to my dealer's 5 year anniverary party, and got there early to get the free black tee shirt ;D.  Parking lot is pretty wide open at 0800.  I walk back to the bike to put the shirt in the Jester and some f*****g Buell is literally parked a few inches from my new Ultra.  I'm not exagerrating when I say the lot was wide open and this dickhead parked so close I had to duckwalk it ahead about a 3 feet to clear my bike.   I really wanted to knock his bike to the ground.  Not sure why this ahole did.  Only reason I can think of is he has no brain and lacks any common sense.

2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 12:24:31 AM »

OK, not sure if this qualifies as a  :soapbox: but be forewarned

So I gotta ask, what the hell ?  Is this a SoCal thing.... 
B B

CA,  :nixweiss: the land of "fruits and nuts", and they all don't grow on trees  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »

CA,  :nixweiss: the land of "fruits and nuts", and they all don't grow on trees  :2vrolijk_21:

I have to agree, it seems to be everywhere, but some places are worse than others.  I can only speak for where I have lived (grew up in So.CA) and worked including several big cities and now in a more rural state (Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Boston,-Maine), So CA and specifically SD (Los Angeles is more fruits and nuts --but heh, thats the price for perfect weather and it does make life interesting) is not high on the list, but about midrange for rudeness.  And, I think its much worse now generally than it was say 20-30 years ago.  Even here in Maine, someone smacked my parked truck this winter in a parking lot and left without fessing up. We seem to be a progressively self centered and rude culture in many ways.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 07:52:01 AM »

I told my wife last night we were probably gonna retire to either Tennesse or Kentucky.

B B

Plan ahead.  Once the kids start having babies, youre not going anywhere.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »

Plan ahead.  Once the kids start having babies, youre not going anywhere.

The kids could land anywhere from Paris France to Paris Maine- - Madrid Spain to Madrid Maine and everywhere in between. The youngest says she's not having kids and the oldest (soon to be an MD) won't have time. So it's me and wifey and H-D(s) make three (4) (5) (6)  LOL

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »

I was sitting a bar a few years ago, enjoying a nice cold beer, talking to no-one and minding my own business. A drunk walked up to me,,,staggered up to me.. looked me straight in the eye and told me he was going to whip my ass. I looked him right straight back in the eye, and I said, I don't know why you'd wanna do that, I was just going to order you a beer. He got the strangest look on his face. The baretender brought him a drink. Best $1.75 I ever spent. Did I mention his shoulders and arms looked like a Sherman Tank? R-E-S-P-E-C -T
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2007, 07:14:07 PM »

Sorry to hear of your incidents Spiderman.  People are just plain stupid.  Just about anyone can drive 4 wheels, not many 2.  I was following my wife today on a 4 lane, there was some road kill in the road, when the car that was passing us got up to the road kill and my wife, the DA runs over it again.  Didn't cause my wife a problem but she gave them the big L sign.  Said she could really hear the guts crush.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:09 PM »

Don't ya'll just wish you could drive around, for just one day, with a TOW missle launcher...
there sure would be a lot less A-HOLES around

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 10:41:20 PM »

Out on LD just a bit ago with Mrs B B, going through the marsh below Del Mar and some butthead in a Beemer SUV flies by me on the inside of a two lane highway in a curve.  Rather than get pissed, I remembered the post about the guy pickin up the butt and returning it. So after we hit PCH and a couple of lights, I found myself beside the a$$hole so I smile real nice and says " hey I heard a cool joke about BMW's. " The guy has his window down and he doesn't say anything, so I go on. " What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine ?"  Dumbass gives me another dumbass look " The pricks on the outside of the porcupine "    :D :D :D :D 

puuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect

B B

Tros

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 12:37:36 AM »

Quote from: former California Governer Jerry Brown
We are living in a world of lowered expecations.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

As most here are saying, its everywhere, BB.

Wife & I go to a local bike night recently - first time we had the new bike at this bike night & friends come over and ask about this or that as usual.  We go in, drink a few brews, and when I come out, there are 2 crotch rockets parked DIRECTLY in front of my bike.  No idea who the riders were, so I go move my bike and tell my friends - you are getting blocked in.  They do nothing and sure enough when we get ready to leave they are blocked by 8 crotch rockets.  A couple of CR riders come over to move a couple out of the way so they can leave. WTF?  Park in front of somebody on a scoot with another scoot and block them in?  Happens too often.

Biggest p!sser of mine is when I am riding and some a-hole tosses a lit butt out the car/truck window and it bounces of my bike.  Since they roll their windows back up, I give them a one finger wave with both hands.  Rat b@st@rds.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 10:29:50 PM »

I can't wait till the butts come flying my way...

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 06:38:48 AM »

Today's USA today has a "rude drives list" of cities and their ranking from the worst to the best, here it is:

1. Miami

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Sacramento

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

11. Houston

12. Atlanta

13. Detroit

14. Minneapolis-St. Paul

15. Baltimore

16. Tampa

17. San Diego

18. Cincinnati

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. Dallas-Ft. Worth

22. St. Louis

23. Seattle-Tacoma

24. Pittsburgh

25. Portland, Ore.

Source: AutoVantage's "In the Driver's Seat Road Rage Survey"
2005 Cherry SEEG-
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 4.088 seconds with 21 queries.