Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: 117 kit for 2015 cvo street glide starts today.  (Read 50788 times)

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Re: 117 kit for 2015 cvo street glide starts today.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »

They've become pretty popular, factory maybe rushing to fill orders. Hope it's not becoming the norm. Same thing happened with SE 4.060" Bigger Bore cylinders. Some were out of round, some were OK. I got one of each back then.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 09:22:52 AM »

roaddog,did they just look or did they check them on the tq plate?
Good question. I assume the latter, but will ask.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 10:41:25 AM »

Ok,thanks

Suggestion:  Get a replacement kit from the dealer and return the ine you have.

Good luck.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 09:43:15 PM »

breaking news,lol thanks to a great builder checking the cylinders on his tq plate and reading out of round ,finally found the answer ,this kit needs a special tq plate made by Harley to check the cylinders since they are still. Thanks Heath and Steve go all your info to each other and finding this problem out,with out the help of Harley.I would Recomend HeatH @ H&D cycles and Steve at gmr for taking the time for checking every part in these kits.Instead of just slapping them on and hoping for the best.The difference from being avarage and being the best builders out there.Thanks guys.
So your saying we should not  just roll the dice and hope  HD did not drop the ball?  HaHa

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 11:22:02 PM »

That is what Harley Davidson is saying ,the bad when I called customers service no one there told me about this tq plate.would of saved a lot of frustration.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 12:04:29 AM »

That is what Harley Davidson is saying ,the bad when I called customers service no one there told me about this tq plate.would of saved a lot of frustration.
Funny stuff. now being a person that can think, why in the Sam hell would Harley Davidson not have told all the dealers about the magic plates for the wonderful new cylinders, so the mechanics can do there job and potentially save the mother ship and especially the valued customer a huge pile if $$$$!. Sheesh.
Amazing how they presume the customers shou k d just accept the failures we have witnessed and many have had to pay for on there dime. The days of AMF comes to mind. Shameful indeed.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 01:49:22 AM »

Funny stuff. now being a person that can think, why in the Sam hell would Harley Davidson not have told all the dealers about the magic plates for the wonderful new cylinders, so the mechanics can do there job and potentially save the mother ship and especially the valued customer a huge pile if $$$$!. Sheesh.
Amazing how they presume the customers shou k d just accept the failures we have witnessed and many have had to pay for on there dime. The days of AMF comes to mind. Shameful indeed.
As I mentioned in the other thread, every set of cylinders I've gotten from HD has been out of round or tapered.  It can't be any clearer that HD is putting out crap, probably on purpose, to save themselves money and, as a bonus, causing us to pay 2 or 3 times to fix their F-U.  I'm firmly convinced this is their corporate strategy to boost profits at our expense---multiple times.  I'm happy to see their upper management eat a $h_t sandwich, but it's probably the crew that will get it in the end.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 02:45:52 AM »

Interesting (but not surprising) is that going to the primary source for the 117" kits and reading Harley's own install doc for such a kit no mention is made of a new "special" torque plate that is suggested to be used.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-content/service/isheets/-J06285.PDF

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 05:35:03 AM »

As I mentioned in the other thread, every set of cylinders I've gotten from HD has been out of round or tapered.  It can't be any clearer that HD is putting out crap, probably on purpose, to save themselves money and, as a bonus, causing us to pay 2 or 3 times to fix their F-U.  I'm firmly convinced this is their corporate strategy to boost profits at our expense---multiple times.  I'm happy to see their upper management eat a $h_t sandwich, but it's probably the crew that will get it in the end.

Why do you and so many others keep buying their "crap"?

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 05:48:29 AM »

Why do you and so many others keep buying their "crap"?
What I want to know is how they get away with selling such junk and continue to get away with it.
There seems to be no laws , otherwise this would have been stopped back in at a minimum of 2003.
Another thing how do these people sleep at nite that answer the customer service lines. . Had to sell there soul, from what I can guess.

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 07:09:21 AM »

The other sad part ,when i ordered the kit and it came in and was ready to place the kit on the bike,was not even thinking about different size air cleaner,my fault,but would of been nice when ordering the kit,the dealer would of said to me ,you need a backing plate for what I had or a different air cleaner.Which my builder told me after I ordered the kit.

If you check the "fitment" tab on the Harley web site you would have seen this: "Fits '14-later CVO™ 110CI Softail® and Touring models. Also fits '16-later 110CI FLSS and FLSTFBS models. Requires purchase of accessory 58mm air cleaner and Cam Drive Retention Kit P/N 25566-06 (except models equipped with Screamin' Eagle® Heavy Breather Elite Performance Air Cleaner Kits). Models equipped with Ventilator Air Cleaner require separate purchase of 58mm Air Cleaner Backplate P/N 29400038.
Too bad you have a crummy dealer that you can't trust. I know others do too. My dealer in Greenville has always treated me well.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2016, 07:51:07 AM »

When I ordered the kit ,was not much info on the kit and did not know much about it,like street kit vs race kit,being the same price.I wish I had a good dealership,new owners and really like what they where doing store wise.Second time doing business with them the first was great,getting the stereo amp to kick on ,some how lost connection .Hopefully will make it right,waiting on more phone calls today after they talk to the mothership about tq plate.But I still want my tried and true guy to do the build if all goes well other wise.The Mastercard  fall back will go into effect as soon as I get the paper work they are sending me,but as right now They have given me a credit for the full amount,the card company that is.Never had to dispute a charge ,but I was floored when finding out my options about showing me the are in round or returning them for a different set and if could not do that about a refund ,Has not gone well yet,with finding out my options .hopefully this can be resolved .In either one of the two ways ,proof before the build of good parts or a full refund.The dealership is going to call about getting the correct tq plates .So hopefully all goes well.Otherwise I'll have an extra air cleaner as well,That wont fit my current  throttle body.Another $300 plus out the window for me,If I cant use the kit.expensive lesson. But good info for some of the members on this site.Which over the years I've gotten great info from.Thanks CVO forums.

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »

They are shipping out of round cylinders?  You gotta be chittin me.  Why am i not surprised. :beatdeadhorse:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 09:01:37 AM »

Too bad you have a crummy dealer that you can't trust. I know others do too. My dealer in Greenville has always treated me well.

So did you ever get to post the dyno sheet on this?? we wondering how it did
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2016, 09:57:05 AM »

So did you ever get to post the dyno sheet on this?? we wondering how it did
Yes I did but here it is again.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.