Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: 117 kit for 2015 cvo street glide starts today.  (Read 51038 times)

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
Re: 117 kit for 2015 cvo street glide starts today.
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2016, 02:36:42 PM »

the dealer ship where I bought the kit ,called me today,said their is a special tq plate for this kit and it is on a month back order.

Hilly13

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »

I don't understand the reason for the "special torque plates"
Are not the steel lined barrels bolted to the bike between aluminium heads and block using the same studs, torque procedure and values as cast iron sleeved barrels?
Will have to wait and see what wonders arise I suppose.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »

the dealer ship where I bought the kit ,called me today,said their is a special tq plate for this kit and it is on a month back order.

Any way you can ask for a part number for that torque plate? Thanks.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »

I'm doing a S&S rotating assembly and the Timken conversion. That has always been in my plan even before the 117 build came up.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

X2 my plan also :2vrolijk_21:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »

I just got of the phone with Harley customers service,as I did not like the answer I was told ,I asked for a full refund since the dealer ship I bought the parts from could not check them and was told they are on back order for a month.I asked for the part # and since I'm not a dealer ship they will not give it to me,My response was ,iI'm building this myself and no warranty on the race kit,so I want to make sure all parts are ok, before slapping it on and running it, was quoted to me by the dealership.Funny I can buy the race kit ,but I cant by the tq plates to check it,unless I'm a dealership.They are trying to charge me $529.00 restocking fee on $1884 .00 which 20% is not that amount I told them.Master card has already given me the full amount back ,but was hoping before I get the paper work that master card sent me to fill out,it would be resolved.Customer service is a joke . Is the was they treat people.I also mentioned to them about the Radio that I told them about the problems I was Having when I first bought the bike,Their answer ,you are the only one that is having this problem,4 down loads later still is not going to the last media on start up .I'm not going to be their tester anymore,at least the radio wont leave me stranded ,lost maybe damn gps.And they wonder why I question them about the cylinders of this kit being out of round.I'm not going to take the chance of slapping them on and running them.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »

I just got of the phone with Harley customers service,as I did not like the answer I was told ,I asked for a full refund since the dealer ship I bought the parts from could not check them and was told they are on back order for a month.I asked for the part # and since I'm not a dealer ship they will not give it to me,My response was ,iI'm building this myself and no warranty on the race kit,so I want to make sure all parts are ok, before slapping it on and running it, was quoted to me by the dealership.Funny I can buy the race kit ,but I cant by the tq plates to check it,unless I'm a dealership.They are trying to charge me $529.00 restocking fee on $1884 .00 which 20% is not that amount I told them.Master card has already given me the full amount back ,but was hoping before I get the paper work that master card sent me to fill out,it would be resolved.Customer service is a joke . Is the was they treat people.I also mentioned to them about the Radio that I told them about the problems I was Having when I first bought the bike,Their answer ,you are the only one that is having this problem,4 down loads later still is not going to the last media on start up .I'm not going to be their tester anymore,at least the radio wont leave me stranded ,lost maybe damn gps.And they wonder why I question them about the cylinders of this kit being out of round.I'm not going to take the chance of slapping them on and running them.
Would like to see one of the people that work at a ddealership actually post the part #. So they put this cylinder kit out, no way to ceeck them. All I can say is Wow  so you install a set that is out of spec right out of the box it's your baby? There is something seriously wrong in this picture.  Another thing is on km y a dealer can purchase the new tq. Plates. Nothing unusual , but lots of good people out there that build a lo t of motors. The so if you happen to get a bad cylinders Der or they are both puked you pretty much prolly bought the farm?

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2016, 07:37:51 PM »

If the cylinders in my kit are also out of round can't they be trued by a machine shop?
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2016, 07:58:05 PM »

If the cylinders in my kit are also out of round can't they be trued by a machine shop?

I would not waste my time trying to true them even if I had the honing tools required. Get another set of cylinders and let your dealer deal with  the  folks at  HD. 

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 08:35:22 PM »

Harley customer service is a hit or miss thing, I'm gonna refrain from making anymore comments but sometimes it"s a hard thing to swallow. I've experienced the same a time or two.  :drink: good luck on getting yer situation resolved to your satisfaction.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2016, 10:09:35 PM »

Harley customer service is a hit or miss thing, I'm gonna refrain from making anymore comments but sometimes it"s a hard thing to swallow. I've experienced the same a time or two.  :drink: good luck on getting yer situation resolved to your satisfaction.

TN
its the nature of the beast

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2016, 09:11:55 AM »

I have a Good Friend that is a Master Tech. He was going to install the Race Kit on a new bike today. I asked him if they had the new SPECIAL TOQURE PLATES. He laughed and said OH BOY here we go again. He was checking to see if in fact there is such a beast. If there is he is going to get me a PN and availability. Oh I can't wait to talk to him today!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 White Amethyst CVO Street Glide
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2016, 11:44:48 AM »

This is an unsolicited convo with a local tech I had yesterday evening. Take it fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt - Syracuse, NY

2016 White Amethyst FLHXSE.
117 SE drop-in kit.
Jackpot 2:1:2, V&H 450 Titans.

2018 Arctic White Corvette Grand Sport

JC

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE SUNSET ORANGE/SUNSET BLACK FADE
    • CVO2: 2007 Flhtcuse Sold - 2011 Flhxse sold
    • CVO3: 2015 Flhxse ultraviolet blue/molten lava flames Sold
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2016, 01:44:50 PM »

Someone please correct me if they think I am wrong but that picture looks like the correct way to install a torque plate. The machined (strip) as he called it, is milled for the bolts to torque down flat. I showed this to my in house machinist that has 40 years experience and he came to the same conclusion . Thoughts?

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »

the video of my cylinders with the tq plate ,Harley is telling me they have a different one,that is on back order.But since my shop is not a Dealer we cant get a parts # All I want is a refund,They are trying to charge me a 20% restocking fee ,which I could under stand if I chose not to use it,I'd use it if I knew it was good,But right now I'm showing them that it is not good and either prove to me that it is good ,If it is bad give me new ones,This is brand new out off the box.If others are having the same concerns,Stop selling the kits ,until you can sell the correct tq plates,Which Harley will not sell to the Independent shops ,Straight from the Mouth of Customers service at the MOCO.I don't blame anyone but the MOCO.This is the last straw for me,with Harley,unless they make it right ,Either show me they are ok ,or refund all my money.I'll let you know either way,but this has been going on for a week tomorrow and still getting BS response ,From MOCO and Dealer.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.