Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Lexi 117 ci Episode 6 of the Bike from Hell (Not a new 117 kit)  (Read 21976 times)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
Re: Lexi 117 ci Episode 6 of the Bike from Hell (Not a new 117 kit)
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 03:29:56 PM »

Jeff

I'm so glad that you had Lexi opened up and diagnosed before things got totally trashed. She certainly sounded sick at WV, although I thought it was probably a lifter and not a cam chain noise.

Hopefully all her rambunctiousness and misdemeanoring is behind her....
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 05:04:20 PM »

Always hate to get serious in any discussion here.... but...... in all the seriousness I can muster buddy your gawdawful history here just reinforces to me how glad I am I work on my own.  Not all, but some of the misfortune you've suffered were assembly/assembler problems.  I may be slow.  Doing my own does indeed limit some of things one might do.  But at least I get to be oh-so-careful. 

Hate it you've all this to have to have gone though.  At some point I know you had to have felt like just calling it, admitting bad ju-ju and buying some new unmolested motor and saying "f$%* it."  So good luck and getting the damned thing exactly the way you want it.  You've most certainly earned.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 08:03:01 PM »

Honestly one of the most interesting posts I've seen on this forum. Its like an adventure story...had to keep reading to see what finally happened.

This story is not over yet if history is any indication of what's to come.

I'm........................................................speechless.

I'm broke

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2016, 08:18:47 PM »

Jeff

I'm so glad that you had Lexi opened up and diagnosed before things got totally trashed. She certainly sounded sick at WV, although I thought it was probably a lifter and not a cam chain noise.

Hopefully all her rambunctiousness and misdemeanoring is behind her....

Mike,
I wish I felt confident in that regard.  So far she sounds happy in an angry sort of way. 

Always hate to get serious in any discussion here.... but...... in all the seriousness I can muster buddy your gawdawful history here just reinforces to me how glad I am I work on my own.  Not all, but some of the misfortune you've suffered were assembly/assembler problems.  I may be slow.  Doing my own does indeed limit some of things one might do.  But at least I get to be oh-so-careful. 

Hate it you've all this to have to have gone though.  At some point I know you had to have felt like just calling it, admitting bad ju-ju and buying some new unmolested motor and saying "f$%* it."  So good luck and getting the damned thing exactly the way you want it.  You've most certainly earned.

Don,
No problem on being serious.  I wish my skills would translate into working on motors.  My work experience and skills have a very limited use away from the Job.  Now if you want an MP-5 repaired, a detail strip on a 1911 or a new barrel on an M-4 I can lend a hand.  I'm sure its more fear of the unknown than the actual skill set.  I bet you remember my prowess when you put the Brembos on Ruby.  If I took this too seriously well...not worth it. 

I'm very aware the reason for several of the break downs.  Finding someone to trust wrenching is not for the faint of heart. 

However, if I were to decide it is time for a new motorcycle, I'd have to take a long time looking into all platforms.  Some BMWs and Indians have drawn my attention.  After the lack of interest shown to me by the HD reps @ Maggie Valley for the second time they were there has me very skeptical of their interest in what their customers are addressing.  Seems like all they want us to do is look at the newest shiny beads not help with prior platforms.

No I am NOT saying this in regards to Lexi.  She's all my doing. 

JW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »

I get it entirely Jeff.  As opposed to many of the riding brethren the motorcycle adventures of repair is something I do my best to never take too seriously.  Not that I'm saying it's not to be done well.  Just that when things happen in a way we didn't want the best thing is to shake it off, laugh about it as soon as you can then figure out what to do next so you can go enjoy the next ride.  This is even more so when we start bringing aftermarket in to play.  And the more and different products and vendors we bring in to the mix the more issues we can expect to have.  They all work from the same stock baseline.  They can't/won't/don't want to compare against every possible aftermarket variable that might be out there.  So when we do this it's up to us to make it all work together.  If we don't accept that going on, and take it with a smile, we need other toys to play with.

That, however, is why a man needs more than one bike.  And why he never screws with/screws up more than one at a time  :drink: :2vrolijk_21: .

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2016, 09:01:57 PM »

If we don't accept that going on, and take it with a smile, we need other toys to play with.

That, however, is why a man needs more than one bike.  And why he never screws with/screws up more than one at a time  :drink: :2vrolijk_21: .

I'm working on the screwing with one bike at a time thing. LOL.  Unfortunately my other toys are Wilson Combat 1911's.  More money.

I do look at all this hubbub about the 117 kit.  That's how it all starts, if I just do this I won't need anything else.  HA!  I'm 8UP.

JW
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:03:57 PM by Black Diamond »

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »

Hang in there Jeff, hopefully this last go around did the trick, nice power and torque.

All else fails, you could shoot her! :huepfenlol2:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2016, 10:53:23 PM »

Jeff Sorry to read about all your bad luck, I hope all the bad is behind you now and you can ride with a lot of trouble free miles now!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2016, 10:56:42 PM »

I'm working on the screwing with one bike at a time thing. LOL.  Unfortunately my other toys are Wilson Combat 1911's.  More money.

I do look at all this hubbub about the 117 kit.  That's how it all starts, if I just do this I won't need anything else.  HA!  I'm 8UP.

JW

That's an area of interest where I was lucky in my lack of interest toward modification or chasing some latest greatest thing.  The weapons were just tools.  Cleaned, maintained, used as necessary for skills and maintenance and then just never felt the urge to do more.  In fact almost disinclined to mess about reinventing those wheels.  I know what happens when I get that urge on other things.  Since I just want them to work they're something for which perfectly good enough is... well.... perfectly good enough.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »

Hang in there Jeff, hopefully this last go around did the trick, nice power and torque.

Pete, I just looked forward through the wormhole and across the time space continuum to see Lexi's future.  It's all good.  She's going to pull so hard it'll make his eyeballs bleed out his butthole but the smile will be so big it'll heal the wound immediately.  That's the future as witnessed by Twolane.  It's all good  :2vrolijk_21: .

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 06:48:08 AM »

JW
A buddy just recently picked up a blue one (competition) that just came out. Damn, now I want one for the safe.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »

She has seen the muzzle pointed in her general direction on more than one occasion.

Jeff Sorry to read about all your bad luck, I hope all the bad is behind you now and you can ride with a lot of trouble free miles now!!

Thanks Rick.  Good hearing from you.

Pete, I just looked forward through the wormhole and across the time space continuum to see Lexi's future.  It's all good.  She's going to pull so hard it'll make his eyeballs bleed out his butthole but the smile will be so big it'll heal the wound immediately.  That's the future as witnessed by Twolane.  It's all good  :2vrolijk_21: .

You are a Woot!

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2016, 07:26:24 AM »

A buddy just recently picked up a blue one (competition) that just came out. Damn, now I want one for the safe.

Be careful they're like potato chips.  Can't have just one.

BTW  Chips are good fire starters.  I watched Mr Wizard's (Shrader) scientific study on the porch in Maggie Valley.

JW

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2016, 08:00:42 AM »

Unfortunately my other toys are Wilson Combat 1911's.  More money.

JW

I see you have excellent taste in firearms. And by the way, I have 900 miles on my new 117 kit and all is well...very well, in fact. Might be something for you to consider. My need for speed has been fulfilled! Good luck in whatever you choose.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2016, 08:23:57 AM »

I see you have excellent taste in firearms. And by the way, I have 900 miles on my new 117 kit and all is well...very well, in fact. Might be something for you to consider. My need for speed has been fulfilled! Good luck in whatever you choose.

I have just under 700 miles on her since picking her up.  Seems to be all good.  Since Don's done the wormhole thing I should just relax.  However I'll feel more comfortable after she passes the 7500 mile mark.  I'm going to ride her exclusively for the beginning of the riding season.  Still I can't neglect the other two, they'll pout.

JW
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 24 queries.