Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Break in procedure for new cylinders  (Read 13159 times)

hogasm

Re: Break in procedure for new cylinders
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2007, 06:39:31 AM »

The dealership test rides the bike prior to new owners picking them up, so shouldn't the switching on and off be the dealers responsibility?

Smiler,  I would really hope so. If something is  going to go wrong with what AJ had done to his bike, Percentages are greater that iti will bread during this break in heat cycles than later.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2007, 10:57:31 PM »

Chip,

Brian eluded to me that you were prefacing playing with the excuse you would most likely break a belt trying to out run him.    Whats up with that built in excuses from both of you.    Hrmm battle of the excuses continues only ole hub is hanging out being sly now.

let us know is there any truth to this.    Actually he said he was working on the zoom he was worried htat if you fell to far behind it would have to try and zoom out far enough to show it was you guys.   Whose telling the truth?

All I can say Harry is you remind me of a kid who is always jealous of whatever anyone has.
If you perceive it to be better than yours then you try to berate what they have.
Be happy with what you have.
And get the facts straight.
Brian alluded to nothing!
I told him I broke a belt with a hard shift to second. I also told him that issue had been resolved.
Why do you always want to talk about what others have and how fast it isn't. What have you got that makes you an expert on going fast? (that was a question)
Your signature says someting about being a lead dog. So lead dog show me and Brian how that works.
Get one of those many fast bikes you have ALLUDED to have had and roll with us.
Oh that's right. It's all just talk. Did you read that in a book also?

I say again, be happy with what you have!
Best that I can tell,,, it's all you got!

S
  /
    B

oops, sorry BB!  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 12:10:47 AM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »

Alluded fellas ALLUDED , means to refer to or infer etc   

Elluded was what Paul Simon was talking about when he sang

" just hop on the bus Gus, make a new plan Stan, drop off the key Lee, just get yourself free "

If y'all gonna continue this ridiculous pissing contest, at least don't make me suffer too from chitty grammar.

B B

Tros

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2007, 12:19:03 AM »

Alluded fellas ALLUDED , means to refer to or infer etc   

Elluded was what Paul Simon was talking about when he sang

" just hop on the bus Gus, make a new plan Stan, drop off the key Lee, just get yourself free "

If y'all gonna continue this ridiculous pissing contest, at least don't make me suffer too from chitty grammar.

B B

:laugh4:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2007, 02:30:12 AM »

Big B suffer no more this is the last I will post on this subject.

Chip I am about over this baby chit with you, so I will make my final response to you on it.

I am here to help people not blow my own horn and post my bike all over to show how great I think I am.   On this board most of what you do is pat yourself on the back, run your mouth and belittle people as often as you can get away with.   I don't build my bikes for you or anyone else I build them to learn, and enjoy them and whether they are 105/86 or 150+ / 150+ seems to make no difference to anyone exceptyou and those like you that feel threatened.    It must be all talk Chip you found me out, I just spew mis information.   I challenged you before to post where there is mis information and I am yet to see any other than for you to correct Alluded (see that Big B )to bantering and stirring of the potfor chits and giggles.   

It's just like the first time I posted a dyno sheet cause it was said I didn't have one for the 124".  Hallowed, I believe is how Hub refered to it back then.  This measures me how?   I never claimed to be an expert on speed you said that, but as far as speed and power goes I had it long before you paid T-Man for your latest bike and big deal so what, matters not a bit in my life, but to you it must matter a whole lot.

To be sure I understand your telling me that if I post a dyno sheet with numbers higher than yours from a motor that is in a bike I own that I ride that I am leading by example.  In my world it proves nothing other than I spent money to have a package that works together put in a bike and that the guy I paid for his services did a great job.       

I wasn't really talking about what others have I was talking about what you have and what Hubbard have.   You think your chit doesnt stink just because you have a bike built get over yourself My bike was putting out those kinds of numbers several years ago.  It's sad that all you have offer this site is how great you think you are.   

I am glad you have the money to pay T-Man and Brad to do the work for you, not everyone can afford to do that and it proves exactly what?  That someone else has the intelligence and the know how to make your bike run.  I don't see where that gives you the right to pick on people, I guess in your mind it does, so good for you that you found something you can delve into.   

Just because I have it doesn't mean I have to brag about it or flaunt it in every post. 

Who knows maybe Naitram will get tired of this crap from you over and over and have you removed again.   Like I said the last time, you can take this up directly with me in PM's, but so far you have chosen not to.   If not than maybe the mods will get involved and end it one way or the other.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2007, 05:14:59 AM »

:oops:Come On Guys - less of the Testosterone please.   This is a great site, we buy and build our bikes for our own pleasure.  The reason I didn't go for some Jap crap was because it's the ride not the destination that matters to me, I definitely don't feel "the need for speed". :nixweiss:
Lets keep it light - we all have opinions and they all differ otherwise we would all drive cars.
 :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :huepfenlol2:
Have a couple on me
 :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Ride safe

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2007, 05:24:04 AM »

You know, I met Unbalanced in Florida. He seems to be knowledgeable, accomodating, and fun to hang around with. I consider him a friend.

I've not yet met Chip, but, he seems to be knowledgeable, accomodating, and fun to hang around with. I consider him a friend.

On this issue by gawd, I'm sticking by my friends.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2007, 05:33:49 AM »

It's standing by friends that probably make you special in to them.  Loyalty - no finer quality in a man :oops: off thread

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2007, 08:00:48 AM »

You know, I met Unbalanced in Florida. He seems to be knowledgeable, accomodating, and fun to hang around with. I consider him a friend.

I've not yet met Chip, but, he seems to be knowledgeable, accomodating, and fun to hang around with. I consider him a friend.

On this issue by gawd, I'm sticking by my friends.

Thanks H/B,,, really appreciate that!
Look forward to meeting you and JD at H/S!
Time to go riding.
It's gonna be a beautiful Sunday.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2007, 08:11:54 AM »

Smiler and HB,
Thanks for putting it in perspective...I love you maaaaannnnnn :P

PS Were you buying everyone a round or just the pissers. :drink:

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2007, 09:07:25 AM »

Smiler and HB,
Thanks for putting it in perspective...I love you maaaaannnnnn :P

PS Were you buying everyone a round or just the pissers. :drink:

Seegarz

I love you too man, but you ain't getting my Bud Light.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »

DAMN!!!!  Was worth a try.   :beerchug:

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2007, 06:40:25 PM »

Harry / Chip
                We've all enjoyed this thread, we really have and I don't think any of us jumping in with a jab here or there has been intended to exacerbate your argument over who's is bigger, better, faster more ( Album Title for what group please Mrs We ????) Anyway, you two are not alone in your quest for speed and the ultimate air cooled push rod, 45degree V-twin engine. So in between the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune you have hurled at one another have been some incredible gems of information. I for one had no idea tire size, 5 or 6 speed trans had an effect on dyno numbers. And a lot of other things. So I'm asking both of you not to stop posting and to keep doing what you're doing. So you get on each other's nerves. I believe Rusty Wallace said that while he and the late great Dale Earnhardt were the best of friends at times they went at each other like rabid dogs. That's what makes for a good race. And race you will someday, somewhere, sometime because if those of us who know both of you find you in the same place at the same time you're goin, believe me you're going if we have to duct tape you to the bikes, you're runnin em.

B B

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »

Well said, BB. U aint just whislin dixie my pea brain hurts just thinking about all the stuff I learn on this site.  Funfilled smack talk is great but I hope that no one gets their feelings bruised, we are all brothers on the road (and brothers do have rivalries).

Thanx to all you guys for trying to educate me and all of the other NOVICES on this site.

Seegarz :bananarock:

Seegarsmkr

Tros

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2007, 11:16:55 PM »

Harry / Chip
                We've all enjoyed this thread, we really have and I don't think any of us jumping in with a jab here or there has been intended to exacerbate your argument over who's is bigger, better, faster more ( Album Title for what group please Mrs We ????) Anyway, you two are not alone in your quest for speed and the ultimate air cooled push rod, 45degree V-twin engine. So in between the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune you have hurled at one another have been some incredible gems of information. I for one had no idea tire size, 5 or 6 speed trans had an effect on dyno numbers. And a lot of other things. So I'm asking both of you not to stop posting and to keep doing what you're doing. So you get on each other's nerves. I believe Rusty Wallace said that while he and the late great Dale Earnhardt were the best of friends at times they went at each other like rabid dogs. That's what makes for a good race. And race you will someday, somewhere, sometime because if those of us who know both of you find you in the same place at the same time you're goin, believe me you're going if we have to duct tape you to the bikes, you're runnin em.

B B

That would be 4 Non Blondes  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 25 queries.