Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: CVO's Top Speed  (Read 9213 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: CVO's Top Speed
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »

Hee,Hee,Hee! No wonder my gas mileage sucked! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 02:40:30 PM »

Hoist, yea been checking into the cam thing since I got the bike. Even talked to Bob Woods. Problem is no one at that time had a bolt in cam for the 110. That is, no one had done a valve overlap clearance or valve/piston clearance and Bob mentioned the ole 110's rocker box clearance problems.  If you have heard otherwise, please enlighten me. I don't have the time myself and am not ready to pay to have the heads pulled and the clearances tested. The stock lift is marginal but the intake and exhaust duration is just plain pitiful. I know, I am just lazy, gotta learn to shift @ higher rpm's too, just getting too old to see the tach and the road at the same time at full throttle over 100mph

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 03:30:42 PM »

Hoist, yea been checking into the cam thing since I got the bike. Even talked to Bob Woods. Problem is no one at that time had a bolt in cam for the 110. That is, no one had done a valve overlap clearance or valve/piston clearance and Bob mentioned the ole 110's rocker box clearance problems.  If you have heard otherwise, please enlighten me. I don't have the time myself and am not ready to pay to have the heads pulled and the clearances tested. The stock lift is marginal but the intake and exhaust duration is just plain pitiful. I know, I am just lazy, gotta learn to shift @ higher rpm's too, just getting too old to see the tach and the road at the same time at full throttle over 100mph

Hey Trapper, I would clearance the rocker boxes anyway, even with the stock cams. So that point is moot. At this point I wouldn't go too radical anyway, considering all the issues with the 110 engines. Also, I would stay away from the gear drive for now, due to excessive crank runout issues. So, what's the alternative, you ask? Ghost Rider has a SERK3 with SE 210 251 cams. I rode (beat on) it last week! ;) The bike runs really good and it expands the RPM range to 2000-5500. It gives good usable power throughout that RPM range. I wouldn't say it's much stronger than the stock SE 255, but that cam is limited to 3000-4500 RPM range. I like the idea of having the entire power band at my disposal. He also gets 20-25 percent better fuel mileage than me, because you can cruise at lower RPM. I think it's a good compromise for now. And it should also get the bike up over 130MPH (to stay on topic ::) ). That cam seems very well matched to the 110 and doesn't impose any more stress to the engine than the stock cam.

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 03:49:20 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 03:44:56 PM »

Hey Trapper, I would clearance the rocker boxes anyway, even with the stock cams. So that point is moot. At this point I wouldn't go too radical anyway, considering all the issues with the 110 engines. Also, I would stay away from the gear drive for now, due to excessive crank runout issues. So, what's the alternative, you ask? Ghost Rider has a SERK3 with SE 210 cams. I rode (beat) it last week! ;) The bike runs really good and it expands the RPM range to 2000-5500. It gives good usable power throughout that RPM range. I wouldn't say it's much stronger than the stock SE 255, but that cam is limited to 3000-4500 RPM range. I like the idea of having the entire power band at my disposal. He also gets 20-25 percent better fuel mileage than me, because you can cruise at lower RPM. I think it's a good compromise for now. And it should also get the bike up over 130MPH (to stay on topic ::) ). That cam seems very well matched to the 110 and doesn't impose any more stress to the engine than the stock cam.

Hoist! 8)

Now I'm confused, I thought I told them to install SE251 cams.  No wonder I could only hit 50mph in the two lane drags last week.   :D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »

Now I'm confused, I thought I told them to install SE251 cams.  No wonder I could only hit 50mph in the two lane drags last week.   :D

What the hell did I say? Holy crap! Yeah, what he said SE 251 cams! thanks Travis! Hoist! 8)

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

115 in 5th gear...I forgot I had 6!  I think the rpm was under 4000.  Lot of dead deer on the road these days so I'll wait a little while to best that speed.
Unapologetically American!

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 07:38:10 PM »

Thanks Hoist, nice to hear from someone who has ridden on a camed  110. Haven't checked for a while but as I recall the SE251's have an across the board 242 duration, (or was that the red shift 575's) don't remember the timing though. correct me if I am wrong. Better start doing my homework again! Thanks for the rocker box input, I'll be pulling those off soon. Not trying to hijack this thread, still working on the speed issue

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 09:19:06 AM »

I personally witnessed my SERK register 143 mph on the dyno in 5th gear.  I think it was at about 6200 rpm but I'm not totally certain since I was watching the speed more than the tach.  That was with a SERT and having been dyno tuned.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 04:40:37 PM »

I pegged my spedo on the way home today- but if it's anything like the GAS gauge and Ambient air gauge and volt meter it doesn't mean (poop) :)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 04:45:36 PM »

I've pegged the speedometer and the bike is still pulling strong.  The issue is that the front end gets REAL light at high speeds so I chicken out before the bike runs out of pull...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »

I pegged my spedo on the way home today- but if it's anything like the GAS gauge and Ambient air gauge and volt meter it doesn't mean (poop) :)

I have pegged mine a few times.  No idea how accurate over 100 - seems to be ok at 80 when compared.

I am considering a customized speedometer that goes to 121 instead of 120.  Should make the bike faster than anybody else's.   Cuz everybody else's only goes to 120.  Mine would go to 121.  :P
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

I have pegged mine a few times.  No idea how accurate over 100 - seems to be ok at 80 when compared.

I am considering a customized speedometer that goes to 121 instead of 120.  Should make the bike faster than anybody else's.   Cuz everybody else's only goes to 120.  Mine would go to 121:P
DING-DING - we have Winner!!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 05:16:42 PM »

DING-DING - we have Winner!!!!

;D ;D ;D

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Come on now!! Your tryin' to make 700 post aren't YA!!!

Padder  :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »

Come on now!! Your tryin' to make 700 post aren't YA!!!

Padder  :2vrolijk_21:

Contrary to popular opinion, I do not have any idea where my post count is.

At 700 posts, I have heard a special prize is awarded, with a band & a ceremony commemorating the event.   :nixweiss:

If anyone is considering a speedometer that goes to 122, I will get one that goes to 123.    ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.