• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: ECM
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2005, 10:15:17 PM »

Hey Jim,

Rumor has it some stuff is in the works and we may have a place here in Central Florida that is a recommended zippers tuning center for their ECM in the near future.

As soon as it is official and all I will repost on the topic.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2005, 11:06:34 PM »

Harry,

John mentioned something about that said something about eval units test bikes... So definitely sounds promising.  Hopefully things will work out.

Let's see - trip to Florida to get the bike tuned, take the wife to Epcott, stop in Orlando to see a cousin... damn the bad luck....

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2005, 09:13:35 AM »

This would be great for me in ORL.  I would love to get the internal stuff done on the bike and get it tuned at a local shop that would be nirvana for me.  JP [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2005, 11:11:23 AM »

This would be great for me in ORL.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2005, 07:22:06 AM »

I just got back from Myrtle. It was a great trip as usual. Twolane I am still sitting on the paper work on the ECM as I am waiting on a few other things from Zippers. I will be down there late this week I hope.

Now to ty to put this ECM thing to rest. While I was in Myrtle I hooked up with a friend of Twolanes named John Golden. He owns the ROLLING THUNDER DYNO he also dynoed Twolanes bike. (they told me to tell you hi) I gave the Dyno sheet to HD2003, Chip said he would post it when they got back. It was overcast about 80 degrees ambient and the humidity was over 80%. It was not a very good day to Dyno and look for good numbers but we went with it none the less. I have to say I was very surprised at the numbers the hp was 103.3 and the tq was 104.5 so I would say I am very satisified with the Zippers package as I have told everyone in the past. If I didn't have to leave yesterday it would have been a perfect day it was cool with very low humidity.

When the bike was first dynoed with the PC the numbers were 97.8 hp and 107 tq and that was a very good day at 75 degrees and very low humidity.

When I get back from Zippers I will start a new thread and fill everyone in on what is happening with the Thunder max program.

I hope this helps in your decision making.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2005, 09:37:42 AM »

Ok I put the thing on the laser alignment tool and the required adjustment was about an inch and 1/2 at the front axis.  The tool has a measurement bar at the front of the front wheel rig and the back of the front wheel rig.  The rear rig shoots a laser aligned with the rear wheel at the front wheel rig and you line up the lines at closest measurement bar to get the the front wheel straight and then check the farthest measurement bar for alignment.   Adjustment was a piece of cake after I loosened the oil cooler and regulator to get at the front adjustment bar.  I checked the vertical alignment with a digital protractor I got on amazon for 80 bucks and it was only off .1 degrees so I did not take the tank up and adjust the vertical at this time.  Boy the thing rides great now handles the road grooves like nothin and it just feels natural in its movement which it never really did to me before.  The difference in handling the road crap is really significant to me and I am glad I did it.  Takes about 20 minutes to set up and test the whole thing and can do another bike once you have the rig set up in about 5 minutes plus time for adjustments.  I checked the whole thing again after I rode a couple of hundred miles and it is spot on.  I will go ahead with the str8 mount soon but am looking at a significant engine improvement that may mean taking the whole thing down and putting it back together.  The lift is a piece of cake to use and helps with wheel cleaning as well.    The cost is crazy but I like helping my friends out as well and keeping all my bikes lined up so what the heck.  
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2005, 09:44:16 AM »

I just got back from Myrtle. It was a great trip as usual. Twolane I am still sitting on the paper work on the ECM as I am waiting on a few other things from Zippers. I will be down there late this week I hope.

Thanks Dawg,  One more question I just realized I don't know the answer to and am too lazy to go back through the threads to find if it has been written before.  Getting those numbers with the "Zippers package" as you described it; is that just the Zippers ECM and the normal exhaust and breather swaps or has there been some other work done to this bike as well.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2005, 09:51:28 AM »

Ok I put the thing on the laser alignment tool and the required adjustment was about an inch and 1/2 at the front axis.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2005, 11:14:16 AM »

TwoLane, how'd you 'blow' that rear tire?  Run over something or what?  Were you traveling fast?   [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2005, 11:36:01 AM »

TwoLane, how'd you 'blow' that rear tire?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 11:36:49 AM by twolanerider »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2005, 11:53:47 AM »

Man, that was unlucky, but turned out as good as could be expected.  I always hate flats, esp. on a scooter........they just don't handle worth a darn when the air goes out.  And hard to push too.  They definately treated you right there.  What was that Dealer's name again?  I like to keep the good ones in the forefront.  Har!    [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2005, 12:34:05 PM »

Thanks Dawg,
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2005, 01:27:10 PM »

Man, that was unlucky, but turned out as good as could be expected.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2005, 01:27:46 PM »

Twolane the motor is stock right now. I am going to do a few MINOR things to the motor in a month or so.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Alright, more stuff  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=beerchug.gif]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2005, 06:02:19 PM »

. . . . He'd had "the problem" himself even with a good rear wheel alignment.

The guy asked if I wanted him to check mine with their laser why it was their. . . . .  He said the red bike was off "not qutie an 1/8". . . .

Don, just wanted to check a couple things . . . . . there is more to vehicle alignment than just how the rear wheel tracks in the swingarm.  The chassis section of the service manual has several pages talking about how to achieve the proper horizontal and vertical vehicle alignment using the stabilizer links on the front and top engine mounts, respectively.

Did he just check the rear wheel alignment, or did he check the vehicle alignment?  Also, if the engine mount stabilizer links were adjusted, I hope that the Ride-Str8 was disconected prior. [smiley=nervous.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.