Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop  (Read 25837 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »

Anytime a manufacturer starts talking about "collecting data" or any other tangential information it's time to start covering your ass.  The only reason for them to do that is to look for reasons to deny coverage or support. 

If they're going to pay up they can just pay up.  If they don't want to cover and need to justify that decision then they're digging through data and history to see what scenario can be created to deny.  An intention to deny, or at least a hope to be able to, is the only real reason for them to dig like this.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 08:03:10 PM »

Maybe your reply should have been "Thank you very much I have now turned this case over to my lawyer along w/notifying the Better Business Bureau and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration". :sauer005:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Good thoughts.....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2011, 04:11:13 AM »

over here I just learned H-D altered their warranty procedures again. Now technical district managers are just for "after sales support" and completely out of warranty business, in Germany only one guy in head office will decide all warranty matters. This change is not expected to be in customers favour  :nervous:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2011, 08:44:45 AM »

Well for a guy that never abused his bike or motor and changed oils at 3500 miles this just doesn't sound right. I kept it stock except for the CFR slip-on's and added a Custom Thompson intake with a SERT. I hope to hear some info today and will keep you all posted.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »

if they want - sert is a race part and they can use that to deny. there is a argument that if the sert itself didnt do the damage its still covered but in a practical way if the sert increases the load on any of the parts then they CAN claim the extra load placed on the parts caused the damage.

its getting obvious that the ecm keeps lots of data, gear, rpm, speed etc if they find you did anything that was not "public legal road" ie speeding they have a leg to stand on to make misery.

when doing mods - always always always get your "dealer" to provide a "dealer warranty" so if the moco wont pay the dealer will pay.

still, total bummer

to

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »

if they want - sert is a race part and they can use that to deny. there is a argument that if the sert itself didnt do the damage its still covered but in a practical way if the sert increases the load on any of the parts then they CAN claim the extra load placed on the parts caused the damage.

its getting obvious that the ecm keeps lots of data, gear, rpm, speed etc if they find you did anything that was not "public legal road" ie speeding they have a leg to stand on to make misery.

when doing mods - always always always get your "dealer" to provide a "dealer warranty" so if the moco wont pay the dealer will pay.

still, total bummer

to

This is one where you need to refer to the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act.

Unless the damage can be proven to have been caused by the added parts then the warranty must cover.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »

Well I just called my Local Dealer and asked them to call the Moco because the Customer needs an Update or Compensation. Moco stated they were getting ready to have a big meeting over my issue and they would let my dealer know this afternoon what the verdict is. :-\
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »

don't fuss around - sue them.

I just had the experience - if it doesn't cost their money they will not learn  :)

I tried it the friendly way for 3 month until I remembered I'm a bad guy and attorney. It took 6 days and my problem was solved -as well as my fees were payed  :)

Idiots  ::)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »

This whole thread is a big reason why I'm not "upgrading" to that 2011.5 I was thinking I wanted.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »

This whole thread is a big reason why I'm not "upgrading" to that 2011.5 I was thinking I wanted.

Exactly right, Brian.  The combination of the ongoing and seemingly increasing quality and reliability issues and the poor communication/customer service from the mothership prevent me from purchasing a new bike.  Issues like Desertbear is experiencing are testament to the decisions being made the new regime at the MOCO.  Stock price on the rise, customer satisfaction and new bike sales on the decline.  That only works for the short term...  Long term, it's a questionable strategy.  But by then, the new regime will have made their personal fortune and moved on...  And I'll still be riding the bike that I spent a few thousand making right!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »

Exactly right, Brian.  The combination of the ongoing and seemingly increasing quality and reliability issues and the poor communication/customer service from the mothership prevent me from purchasing a new bike. 

Another rider on that bandwagon.  I got fed up a few years ago and said "no more."  Buy HD branded P&A parts when it's convenient for me.  Otherwise look elsewhere.  And absolutely no interest in a new bike.  Year and a half ago when felt "the itch" for something different started collecting parts to build my own.  The Road King project has been and will be a lot more fun than just rolling something off the floor.  It'll also be what I want it to be to begin with.  No redundancies of pulling a lot of parts off a new bike.  And, best of all, when all is done less than 10% of the costs will have been spent with Harley.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »

Another rider on that bandwagon.  I got fed up a few years ago and said "no more."  Buy HD branded P&A parts when it's convenient for me.  Otherwise look elsewhere.  And absolutely no interest in a new bike.  Year and a half ago when felt "the itch" for something different started collecting parts to build my own.  The Road King project has been and will be a lot more fun than just rolling something off the floor.  It'll also be what I want it to be to begin with.  No redundancies of pulling a lot of parts off a new bike.  And, best of all, when all is done less than 10% of the costs will have been spent with Harley.

I'm close to this as well...

The 09 WAS a great bike until the failure... and now, 12 weeks later...

If it wasnt for the factory warranty I would have taken the bike to a local indy who does awesome performance work... and considering how long its taken, maybe I should have regardless....

Momma's '11 seems fine, no noises, runs great... so far.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »

I'm close to this as well...

The 09 WAS a great bike until the failure... and now, 12 weeks later...

If it wasnt for the factory warranty I would have taken the bike to a local indy who does awesome performance work... and considering how long its taken, maybe I should have regardless....

Momma's '11 seems fine, no noises, runs great... so far.

I readily admit that going off the MoCo is easier for me since I do most all the work to mine here in my own garage.  Someone dependent on a dealership for maintenance has a much more difficult choice keeping an older bike on the road.  In the local shop, for example, I think there's only one guy there who can deal with anything pre-Twin Cam.  Watching the too frequent difficulties had by others and seeing the too common significant issues with the new machines there is a satisfaction to having just said "screw 'em" and not counting on the MoCo for anything and patronizing them only at my pleasure rather than theirs.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »

I readily admit that going off the MoCo is easier for me since I do most all the work to mine here in my own garage.  Someone dependent on a dealership for maintenance has a much more difficult choice keeping an older bike on the road.  In the local shop, for example, I think there's only one guy there who can deal with anything pre-Twin Cam.  Watching the too frequent difficulties had by others and seeing the too common significant issues with the new machines there is a satisfaction to having just said "screw 'em" and not counting on the MoCo for anything and patronizing them only at my pleasure rather than theirs.

I can do my own maintenance... I'm a "retired" ASE master tech who got tire of the auto industry here...

I'd prefer someone else do the work and I can observe and learn...

There are several good indy shops here that will do most any pre-twincam as well...

Its the shipping here that eats me up... not paying someone to do the work.... damnned pirates.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »

Couldn't agree more, Don...  Non-dependence on the Moco for anything other than a small percentage of parts once and awhile makes it much easier to turn your back.  Short of an occaisional mount and balance of tires, I need their service department for nothing - just how I like it!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.