Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Average Age of Tourer Owners? Guessing 10% under 40, 40% forties 50% over 50?  (Read 6621 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

I'm hooked.

Bob

I think we all feel that way.
Welcome to the club!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

drstein

• Junior CVO Member

Rode a Rupp Blackwidow as a kid.....bought an 88 Sportster 1200 in 87 (1st year of the 1200 )...next was a 77 FXE....the a mint 84 Superglide with a Turtle Tank...man...beautiful bike....a real paint shaker....... and my first Bagger in 04.....a Peace Officer RK...then an 07 FLHX....and now my 04 Pumpkin......no other way to fly !!

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold

Rode anything and everything from 1963 to 2003, 3/4 million miles, then I bought my 1st HD, it has changes my life forever now.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

drod2020

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: flhrse3
    • CVO2: 07 flstn

After my first deployment (age 25) I purchased an 07 Deluxe (bagless).  I rode it everywhere but what a pain it was to strap down the stuff I thought I needed or wanted for the ride and/or ask my friends to stuff my chit in their bags.  After my second deployment (age 27) I purchased an 07 SERK and I can't say I want to go back to being bagless.  Age 29 and I've been flirting with the idea of a SESG or SERG for the music.  Wouldn't bother me one bit to rock a fairing but I love my SERK too much.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Cowboy from the results of your poll it looks like I am in the winning pack. Will turn 56 in June.

I out rank you a little, a few years, but yea, we are dead in the heat here, with the winning mob... ;D  I am impressed, there are a lot of Guys older than us, and stunned there are two in their 70's ????  Cool, I can be riding a long time yet, not an oldie after all, I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK :2vrolijk_21:   I already told the Missus, if I get too old to hold up a 1000 lb loaded full Dresser, I will get a Trike... :bananarock:

Great responses, see how long this wave rides on....  Cowboy in Australia

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI

I started off at  on a 2005 Yamaha R6.  In 2007, I picked up a 2008 Triumph Daytona 675.

In April 2009, I bought a 2009 Softail Deluxe.  I loved that old nostalgic look.  In September 2009, at the beginning of a ride with my wife, we stopped at the dealer.  I left with a 2010 CVO Street Glide.

In Colorado, rides pass 200 miles easily.  I wanted something comfortable to share the experiences with my wife, and also carry our junk if we stop in an old town and buy something.

BTW, I was 30 when I got the bagger.  Now, I realize that I have spoiled myself early, and would have a hard time riding anything else....

Ziploc

Great poll Cowboy!

I love to see the votes in the 20's and hope to be one of the 70+ voters one day!

Bought my first bagger at 37 ('07 CVO Road King).  Got the itch... Needed more bags, buttons, and tunes... Traded up to 2011.5 CVO Ultra.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black

Bought my 1st bagger at 21. A 2 year old Goldwing. I kept a blanket in the saddle bag to take the girls to the gravel pit. I always had a spare helmet in the TP. I took girls for rides often when I was out. I didn't buy my 1st car for almost 2 years. I've had my CVO Ultra since 41.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black

Oops, just did the math, I was 20.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS

Bought my first bagger at the tender age of 38.

I mean I was 38, the ultra was only 2 years old.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

First "touring" bike was a Road King.  Then went through a few before getting the SEEG in 05.  But not sure exactly when I got the first Road King.  So can't play.  Never mind.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Started on an old JAWA (forgot the year) then found an 69 XLCH wish I had one now, not to many left. Had Triumph Bonny, many Harley's Softails, FLH predecessor to the Road Kings, then Road King, ULTRA, Road Glide, Classics, 103 ULTRA Limited, BMW R1150 GSA, GS, 2009 BMW F800 GS, 2004 KTM 950 Adventure (all sold). Now have 2006 BMW K1200 GT, 2007 HD Sportster (now for sale) and my Geezerglide a 2010 CVO ULTRA which I bought last February.

In July I will be 66.

geezerglide

MKW

• Elite CVO Member

Kawasaki 454, Honda Magna, HD softail standard 100 yr anniversary, 2010 CVO Street Glide bought at the age of 46.  Wife is 32 and rode a Deluxe and now a Road King.  She is currently in the market for a Street Glide.  Happy riding  ;)
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade

Started out in the mid 60's on "Limeys"..., BSA, then Triumph, and Norton. First HD was a Sportster. Added couple of dirt bikes along the way, Hodaka & Bultaco, good times!! Then along came wife, house, kids. Good bye motorcycles and other toys. As soon as my sons were on their own, I went out and bought a '90 Softail Custom, then a '06 Road King Classic, and the latest is an '09 SE Ultra. Weather permitting, I commute to work (60 miles each way) on a Honda VTR 1000 V-Twin crotch rocket. Perfect for New York City and Long Island traffic. I first met my wife when I gave her a ride on the BSA, we are still riding together today . I'll be 64 in June(Yikes! How did that happen???)
Tom P. 

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5

Started out at 6 yrs old on a Hodaka Dirt Squirt. Had a Honda Trail 50 that I wish I still owned. Graduated up to riding enduros and racing dirt bikes in my teens. Late teens it was Kawasaki 900s and 1000s, some turned into drag bikes, with a few old Kawi triples thrown in there. Got married and had kids and no bikes for a few years. Last 15 years it seems I bought a new bike about every 2 yrs. After turning 40 I decided to give up the sportbikes and buy my first Ultra in 2008. Wasn't planning on buying another bike but the wife saw the 2010 CVO at the dealership and SHE decided I had to have it lol. I miss riding the sportbikes but realize that my body just can't handle the riding position any more. After having an Ultra with all the perks that go along with it I don't think I could go back to riding anything else.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 24 queries.