Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?  (Read 12524 times)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
Re: Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2006, 07:50:09 AM »

So the numbers are probably more like 1 in 500,000 (think more [highlight]like your at woodstock '69[/highlight] and your the only one with a CVO that's pretty exclusive if you ask me)

How about 3 in 500,000? Me, me Dad, & me Brother.  8-)
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2006, 09:01:06 AM »

How about 3 in 500,000? Me, me Dad, & me Brother.  8-)

Nice pic Mr. WeCVO......good memories!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jorge

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2006, 06:51:07 AM »

It was in my wildest dreams I'd ever own a CVO Harley. My SE Fat Boy was 2000 miles away in TENN when I was fortunate enough to purchase a rare 05 slate gray model from a fireman who had won it on a radio contest.

CVO remains in my heart: even through the economic discussions, the "lack of this and that", the anemic engine from the factory and the "marketing" manipulators from MOCO, I love my f___in FLSTFSE and ya'all should love yours too and count some blessings cause some of the people I know don't have the luxury of Harley Davidson or the venue of the internet to brag and boo hoo with.

I wish we all had the bikes that were intended to be "investments" and rare rides without going to OCC and chopping one up. I think I got one. And the adventure getting it, buying it, ridiing it and loving the feeling while I am on it is much too much to be just thankful for.

Thank you. Ya know, they could have used the 113" at the same price as the 103" IMO.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 12:43:55 PM by flhtcse2004 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2006, 07:28:52 AM »

It was in my wildest dreams I'd ever own a CVO Harley. My SE Fat Boy was 2000 miles away in TENN when I was fortunate enough to purchase a rare 05 slate gray model from a fireman who had won it on a radio contest.

CVO remains in my heart: even through the economic discussions, the "lack of this and that", the anemic engine from the factory and the "marketing" manipulators from MOCO, I love my f__in FLSTFSE and ya'all should love yours too and count some blessings cause some of the people I know don't have the luxury of Harley Davidson or the venue of the internet to brag and boo hoo with.

I wish we all had the bikes that were intended to be "investments" and rare rides without going to OCC and chopping one up. I think I got one. And the adventure getting it, buying it, ridiing it and loving the feeling while I am on it is much too much to be just thankful for.

Thank you. Ya know, they could have used the 113" at the same price as the 103" IMO.

HERE HERE ...WELL SAID !!

Bama
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 12:59:50 PM by flhtcse2004 »
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »

Looking at the poll I couldn't decide how I wanted to answer. I could probably check all three boxes. The original question asked "Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?" Well to whom? To me or the general public? I think half of the GP looks at a SE and they either want or wish they had one while the other half looks at it as an overpriced bike (The Baggers).

For me I'd like to know what I'm getting. Some fancy paint or lack of this year. Everything else can be purchased through the catalog. There is no exclusiveness to the bike. It can all be duplicated if one desired to do so. Right now I think the imports are offering a lot more bang for the buck. They do lack individuality where as the SE's do stand out. That is something in itself which is hard to give up.  

I really like my SE but you have to remember I purchased mine when they were $24k not $32k. I bought my bike at that time because it was what I called a "done" bike for me. Sure I have a boat load more into it but I was able to choose what I wanted to install and did it at my own pace. Maybe a SE isn't for me. I've kept myself from cutting this bike up for close to six years now and it's killing me. I may go back to a standard bike and invest the money into it on parts that I want that are slightly different than the bike next to me, not the same.

"Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?" That is hard for me to answer as a straight up question. I guess I'd have to go with undecided.  :)

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2006, 08:51:56 AM »

Maybe a SE isn't for me. [highlight]I've kept myself from cutting this bike up for close to six years now and it's killing me.[/highlight] I may go back to a standard bike and invest the money into it on parts that I want that are slightly different than the bike next to me, not the same.

I know exactly what you're saying here......it's hard not to 'individualize' a bike more than just bolting on some chrome covers, but these CVO's are just that: already customized.  Which makes it hard to throw away/replace those custom parts to change it.   :) I guess the real question is whether or not you're satisfied to ride someone else's custom.  Some are just done so good that for the initial money spent, they're a real value and with minor changes look/perform very much to your satisfaction.  I always tell people that ask about the bike that I had nothing to do w/ it, it's ALL HARLEY customized.  har!   [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »

As we've digested and discussed this topic, one thing has been overlooked. There is a very simple and very basic psychological reason many people purchase Harley Davidson motorcycles. That is to be apart of something they view as being very positive and uplifting. Could the reason we buy CVO's be similar? Are we buying them not so much for what they are but rather for what we want to be? There sure are a bunch of folks wishing they could become what we share as CVO owners. [smiley=soapbox.gif]
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2006, 11:52:42 AM »

Good point ezrider4. As someone who has a few bikes the "wanting to be" or "wanting to fit in" mentality is long gone. I admit at one time I rode my butt off regardless of conditions just to be one of the boys. Now I am the guy they use to measure milage, I enjoy riding. :) I guess I ride a SE Harley because I like the bike. At the time it had everything I was looking for in a motorcycle. Now as I've grown a litlle older my tatstes have changed, my riding habits have changed (I still like to ride fast) and I look at motorcycles a little different.

Would I buy an 08 if it were a SERG? That is a real tough question. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »

As we've digested and discussed this topic, one thing has been overlooked. There is a very simple and very basic psychological reason many people purchase Harley Davidson motorcycles. That is to be apart of something they view as being very positive and uplifting. Could the reason we buy CVO's be similar? [highlight]Are we buying them not so much for what they are but rather for what we want to be? [/highlight]There sure are a bunch of folks wishing they could become what we share as CVO owners. [smiley=soapbox.gif]
man o man, I sure hope not!   :o[smiley=nervous.gif] har!  :P spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2006, 12:04:34 PM »

Here's what I know to be true...when I go to any place or event where there are likely to be dozens or hundreds of bikes there, there are rarely ever any other CVO bikes to be seen.  Mine is generally the only one...to me, that makes my bike special, and "different" from all the others.  Without fail, people come up and comment about my bike, and how nice it is.  I also enjoy admiring all the other bikes as well....stock, customized, individualized...whatever brand, shape, size, or "look".  I did not buy it because it made me a part of an "elite" group of Harley owners, though that is true, nor did I buy it solely based on what it would be worth 3 years from now, though that did play some part in my decision.  I bought it because for me, it was the most bang for the buck, and already had 90% of the things I would want on a bike, plus I just like the way the thing looks, rides, and most important...FEELS.  So whether they make a thousand of them or five thousand, for me it is a special scooter... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2006, 12:20:31 PM »

Here's what I know to be true...when I go to any place or event where there are likely to be dozens or hundreds of bikes there, there are rarely ever any other CVO bikes to be seen.  Mine is generally the only one...to me, that makes my bike special, and "different" from all the others.  Without fail, people come up and comment about my bike, and how nice it is.  I also enjoy admiring all the other bikes as well....stock, customized, individualized...whatever brand, shape, size, or "look".  I did not buy it because it made me a part of an "elite" group of Harley owners, though that is true, nor did I buy it solely based on what it would be worth 3 years from now, though that did play some part in my decision.  I bought it because for me, it was the most bang for the buck, and already had 90% of the things I would want on a bike, plus I just like the way the thing looks, rides, and most important...FEELS.  So whether they make a thousand of them or five thousand, for me it is a special scooter... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Well said and so true. I on the other hand see SE's just about everywhere I go. I counted at least seven at Carlisle a few weekends ago.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2006, 02:58:14 PM »

Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?  
I voted Yes originally, but I'm changing to NO.

I'm happy with my  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]. I don't care how many more CVOs the MOCO produces.  I understand it's not "exclusive/limited" regardless of what the MOCO might allude to in its advertising... it's "Custom Vehicle Operations" not "One of a Kind Operations".  They look good. They satisfy their owners.  They are 'custom'.  And, quite frankly, it's fun to see another one like mine... you feel a 'kinship' to that person, whether or not you know them personally.  (I really feel the same for any CVO I see, many thanks to this forum).

Maybe they don't 'stand out' quite as much as they used to, since there are more of them around.  If 'stand out' is what you're looking for, ride naked. You'll be noticed, and exclusive (or not). ;D

So, I'm changing my vote from yes to NO!... ain't lost its LUSTer for me.

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2006, 03:12:15 PM »

Has the CVO Moniker lost it's Luster?  
I voted Yes originally, but I'm changing to NO.

I'm happy with my  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]. I don't care how many more CVOs the MOCO produces. So, I'm changing my vote from yes to NO!... ain't lost its LUSTer for me.

Garz
Oh, that's no fair........can't go back and change your vote......next thing you know the Florida elections committee will be looking into the results of the poll.  :-/ har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2006, 03:25:43 PM »

Oh, that's no fair........can't go back and change your vote......next thing you know the Florida elections committee will be looking into the results of the poll.  :-/ har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder

Too late, Chad... it's done [smiley=vanish.gif] [smiley=deal2.gif]
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2006, 04:11:15 PM »

Too late, Chad... it's done [smiley=vanish.gif] [smiley=deal2.gif]
would that be:     [smiley=hanged.gif]    chad?  har!  spyder
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 24 queries.