Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Had my saddlebags stolen today!  (Read 9960 times)

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
Re: Had my saddlebags stolen today!
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »

Why aren't I surprised! :vrolijk_24:  Hmmmmm! :smilie_daumenneg:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 07:50:44 AM »

Sorry to read this KS, hope these bastards get caught sometime and get what's due to them.

couple of side notes, I had put the Brutkus parts on my first bagger a while back after seeing that youtube video. I installed them within a week of getting my CVO. Might not be bulletproof but will slow down a thief.

Other note about alarms. Unless you somehow can wire those bags with a normally closed circuit so that when the circuit is broken it sets off the alarm, anything short of a proximity sensor won't do much good unless they really shake the bike. Then a PS would always be going off whenever someone even got close to your bike. That would be a real p.i.t.a.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »

Sorry to hear of your loss, KS
If the research and development committee put their collective heads together, I bet they could come up with a "COVER" to prevent access to the wonderful latching system holding our saddlebags on our bikes.
It would then prevent / or slow down these scumbag thieves from f*****g off with our property.
Now if you leave your lids unlocked, well...
my .02
Hawg

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »

Ohiobellboy, I was wondering whether diconnection would set off the alarm (apparently not), thanks for the info.  Hawg, I also thought, wouldn't it be nice if they had decorative chrome strip that would block access to the locking pins.  Seems like a simply solution!

I remember the rave when thieves were disabling steering wheel locking bars.  These turds always find a way, but we can make it a little harder for them.

I went back to check for a camera, by the way, but the building (was a Gottschalks) where it was mounted had closed down for some time.  I'll enquire further, but it does not look promising.
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 09:25:39 AM »

I have the Brukus system but I did change the bolts that they furnished for regular hex-bolts.  That way I can take them off with a ratchet.  

The thieves are not opening up the bags to remove them so I did not see the need for the security torx bolt.

Basically I spent my money for the "captured nut" that the bolt screws into, but it works for me.  I put two on each bag also, certainly no more vibration from the saddlebags.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:29:35 AM by chaos901 »

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »

Well,,, I just ordered another  Brukus secure kit.  Im thinking that I'll either do one on each side or put the 2 on and change the bolts.  I went out for a slice tonite and I was nervous about being parked in the lot and I couldn't see my bike.  So Kay will send out another set tomorrow.   Piece of mind is worth the time of dealing with those bolts I guess.  And hanging onto my bags is even better.  :nixweiss:

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »

Good deal! :2vrolijk_21:  Even if you have insurance, you will have your deductible and approximately 6-8 weeks before you get your new bags.  Not fun!  Not to mention your bike will look like chit, and you won't want to ride it anywhere! :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:48:36 PM by Kingspoke »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »

Well,,, I just ordered another  Brukus secure kit.  Im thinking that I'll either do one on each side or put the 2 on and change the bolts.  I went out for a slice tonite and I was nervous about being parked in the lot and I couldn't see my bike.  So Kay will send out another set tomorrow.   Piece of mind is worth the time of dealing with those bolts I guess.  And hanging onto my bags is even better.  :nixweiss:
Yeah, Stu, that's what I did...one on ea. side.  It's only a deterrent anyway and if one won't do it, doubt two would save the bags.  I feel better, but still like to keep eyes on it.  :shocked2: :beadyeyes2: :stare: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Spanky

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »

Damn, sorry to here about this. Wake up call for me, I bought my bruckus system about 10 months ago, guess it's time I put them on.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 07:40:36 AM »

Ohiobellboy, I was wondering whether disconnection would set off the alarm (apparently not), thanks for the info.  Hawg, I also thought, wouldn't it be nice if they had decorative chrome strip that would block access to the locking pins.  Seems like a simply solution!
I remember the rave when thieves were disabling steering wheel locking bars.  These turds always find a way, but we can make it a little harder for them.

I went back to check for a camera, by the way, but the building (was a Gottschalks) where it was mounted had closed down for some time.  I'll enquire further, but it does not look promising.
I would even pay the extra $100.00 (the minimum price on genuine products) for this extra chrome.
Hawg

PosseRider

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »

The dealer is telling me that I already have the Smart Siren II and all I need to do is add the pager.  In any case I think I will do both and just be more aware of where I park.

Just put the bike upright while in security mode & you will find out real quick you have a siren. At least it was on my 12 & 13. I actually set it off even while on side stand trying to get a stubborn bolt loose.

SGME9

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »

Sorry to see that this has happened.

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 12:54:57 PM »

Sorry to hear about your bags - thieves are one of the lowest forms of scum on earth. Just bought the Brukus bolts - cheap insurance but I'll feel better about parking my ride during a lunch stop now.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »

Smart move & thanks BryantH!  I will have Brukus or my own concoction day 1, when I pick up my new bags (will order them tomorrow, when I meet up with insurance guy).  I will have to replace the auto locking wires, distended during the rip off, IPOD & cable, & (saddlebag) holder.  Yikes!!!

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 01:08:54 AM »

Sorry to hear about your loss of the bags.
Damn, sorry to here about this. Wake up call for me, I bought my bruckus system about 10 months ago, guess it's time I put them on.
I'm the same. Must fit them Brukus bolts I bought a while ago.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.352 seconds with 21 queries.