Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Had my saddlebags stolen today!  (Read 9996 times)

DanceMance

Re: Had my saddlebags stolen today!
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »

Man I hope the camera catches something you can use, by the way nice color choice. 

SGME9

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »

I have a fix to the saddle bag theft problem and it should be available for purchase before the end of the year, and you will be able to keep your original quick removal hardware. You will not even notice it until you try and steel the saddle bags.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 10:27:57 AM »

I have a fix to the saddle bag theft problem and it should be available for purchase before the end of the year, and you will be able to keep your original quick removal hardware. You will not even notice it until you try and steel the saddle bags.
Taping razor blades in the connecting area?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SGME9

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »

That way you can track the bastard for the beating he is to receive.

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 11:38:18 AM »

I met with the insurance guy at the dealership yesterday & he cut a check right then & there, so I could get my bags on order! :pepper:  Now just another 6-8 weeks for delivery! :oops: :pumpkin:

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to your new theft deterrent SGME9. :2vrolijk_21:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »

Kingspoke, why don't you put an add in Craig's list "wanted saddle bags for harley dresser any color have cash". Maybe one of the idiot's will call. Also I was wondering, and I am hoping someone would chime in incase this has been mentioned before. I haven't really gotten into examining this as a possibility, but why not get a bolt of appropriate length,attach it from the outside in, drill a hole in thru the end of it,attach it with appropriate washers and nut and then put a small hitch pin  in through it on the inside of the saddlebag., Maybe the bolt would get loose, but the hitch pin would stop it from letting the bag be removed. I don't see how it could be removed without wrecking the bag.(unless the bag is unlocked) What good would a wrecked bag be to a thief.  I will investigate this further and if it looks like it will work I will do it to mine, and post pictues. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated. . If you ever catch the idiots or idiot that did it please break at least two ribs for me and a good hit to the ball sack would be appropriate. Then thief could take his balls to the HD dealer and listen to them say "they all look like that" If my attempt at humor is misplaced I apologize, but this kind of crap jut makes me my blood pressure go up.Sorry again for your misfortune. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 11:45:35 PM »

No your humor is not misplaced, .... you're just too kind! :vrolijk_6:  I was thinking some sort of mutilation would be in order.  Harley's response no matter what the circumstance is; "That's normal" (e.g. I'm running on one cylinder, my bike wobbles, and large puffs of smoke are coming out the exhaust!  "That's normal").

While I was at the dealership, they showed me the owners bike (2009 SERG) and he had the Gordon Lockdown bag locks http://www.thegordonlockdown.com/ It looks pretty cool and definitely would discourage a thief.  Can be keyed to your ignition key.  Pricey at about $190 from the source (chrome), but less than a $250 deductible and 8 weeks of waiting for new bags.  Let me know what you think.

Also, I looked into the Scorpion Alarm system, more so the perimeter alarm and I would like to hear what you guys think about whether a perimeter alarm is too much of a nuisance and would it be a good deterent to the bag thief.  Looks very similar to what Moco uses only much more advanced.  http://scorpio.rlink.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=209

Thirdly, Smith & Wesson has developed theft deterent systems, but I'll save that for last! ;D
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2012, 12:03:32 AM »

Hmmm, I'm kind of liking that razor blade thought.  Invariably, they will have to reach over the top front and pull out to reach the pins with the tool in the other hand.  Me thinks a blade or two pointing in on both sides right below where the lid hangs will do a masterful job removing the finger tips on anyone trying this stunt.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2012, 12:19:47 AM »

Cahdbiker, imagine you come out of the gym exhausted but happy you had a great workout, you're thinking about hopping on your bike and have nice ride home, and you look up in disbelief, and a sickening feeling comes over you.  You feel like a sucker that has been set up, all the way.  I'm very upset about this and would love to exact some street justice.  I'm sure the insurance company isn't too happy about cutting a check for over three grand either.

Really, I would love to have my bags back, IPOD, and personal belongs, but I realize the idiot thieves are probably going to paint over the beautiful custom color to easy to sell, black lacquer.  It's a shame, but at least a lot of bikers will be more on top of their motorcycle security.

When I got my bike tuned I met a guy who had his Road Glide stolen along with two others out at local race course, and he really loved his bike, which he spent countless hours customizing.  So in some regard, I'm lucky and I hope you guys are luckier still!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:18:03 AM by Kingspoke »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2012, 06:14:17 AM »

No your humor is not misplaced, .... you're just too kind! :vrolijk_6:  I was thinking some sort of mutilation would be in order.  Harley's response no matter what the circumstance is; "That's normal" (e.g. I'm running on one cylinder, my bike wobbles, and large puffs of smoke are coming out the exhaust!  "That's normal").

While I was at the dealership, they showed me the owners bike (2009 SERG) and he had the Gordon Lockdown bag locks http://www.thegordonlockdown.com/ It looks pretty cool and definitely would discourage a thief.  Can be keyed to your ignition key.  Pricey at about $190 from the source (chrome), but less than a $250 deductible and 8 weeks of waiting for new bags.  Let me know what you think.

Also, I looked into the Scorpion Alarm system, more so the perimeter alarm and I would like to hear what you guys think about whether a perimeter alarm is too much of a nuisance and would it be a good deterent to the bag thief.  Looks very similar to what Moco uses only much more advanced.  http://scorpio.rlink.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=209

Thirdly, Smith & Wesson has developed theft deterent systems, but I'll save that for last! ;D

Well, their website sucks. Clicked all over it for some kind of a clear picture to see what their bag product is and can't seem to find anything.  :-X

The Scorpion alarm looks interesting but after reading some reviews on it, I have mixed feelings on it. Just seems like the proximity sensor (IMHO the important piece of the equation for baggers) is a little too finicky. That and having to charge the remote every few days would be a PITA to remember to do.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2012, 10:46:02 PM »

my Brukus kit showed up about noontime today... I had all 4 on in about 20 minutes time...knowing how easy the bad guys can pop the bags off.,  gave me a little piece of mind this afternoon when i parked it..i boutght 4- 5/16 x 11/4 ss allen head bolts to make it for easier romoval for me.,   i dont think i have to worry bout someone taking them for the inside...  but they're on.. :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 10:48:19 PM »

my Brukus kit showed up about noontime today... I had all 4 on in about 20 minutes time...knowing how easy the bad guys can pop the bags off.,  gave me a little piece of mind this afternoon when i parked it..i boutght 4- 5/16 x 11/4 ss allen head bolts to make it for easier romoval for me.,   i dont think i have to worry bout someone taking them for the inside...  but they're on.. :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »

Looking at the picture of your bike,, I'm really surprised they pr$&ks didnt take your side covers also ,,  at least they left you those as easy as they are to take.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:53:37 AM by cvostu »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »

Looking at the picture of your bike,, I'm really surprised they pr$&ks didnt take your side covers also ,,  at least they left ou those as easy as they are to take.  :nixweiss:
Yeah, either they weren't thinking or they were not after the saddlebags for their value, but rather the potential items in them and the I-pod.  Different kind of lowlife-p.o.s.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »

Looking at the picture of your bike,, I'm really surprised they pr$&ks didnt take your side covers also ,,  at least they left you those as easy as they are to take.  :nixweiss:

That's a good point, because you then have access to the main fuse and alarm.  Which brings me to the point that the bag security is even more important for this reason.  Once you move the bags back from their mount, you can slightly open the left side cover and pull the main fuse.  I think the alarm may have activated, caused the thieves to rush and leave the side covers.

I know even with the fob present, and the main fuse in, you cannot disconnect the alarm without it activating. 

On another note;  So Harley puts their bottom rung alarm system on their flagship bike, to go along with their bottom rung suspension, but they upgrade the stereo.  Hmmmm! :nixweiss:  Well I guess they have to be able to sell us upgrades for some of the low grade chit, they put in the upgraded bike! :oops:  I know I had a choice in this matter, but damn Moco "quit trying to kill the golden goose!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.