Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: 2013 CVO Ultra trade in value?  (Read 16523 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: 2013 CVO Ultra trade in value?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 03:28:04 AM »

First off I'm glad you are happy and like your new bike :2vrolijk_21:.... however the statement highlighted above I have a hard time understanding. The below post was made earlier in this thread - Navigation Updates...

Especially when years past there were free lifetime updates offered to the Garmin based navigation systems and those that didn't get free updates paid =/< $100.00 for those lifetime updates. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Also posted in that same thread:

Just say no  :nixweiss:
Haven't updated the maps in either my wife's 08 Lincoln on my 11 Super Duty.

Only update I'll ever do with those two is on a trade in.

:2vrolijk_21:

hep0950

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »

I wouldn't expect a lifetime of free upgrades. I don't know of a GPS vendor that doesn't charge for upgrades. Even when you buy those cheaper models in the stores, they have you pay for upgrades. Usually the first one is free, but then the rest you will pay for. And of course you are paying for the GPS, it's in the price of the bike.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »

I wouldn't expect a lifetime of free upgrades. I don't know of a GPS vendor that doesn't charge for upgrades. Even when you buy those cheaper models in the stores, they have you pay for upgrades. Usually the first one is free, but then the rest you will pay for. And of course you are paying for the GPS, it's in the price of the bike.

Garmin offers a fixed price for lifetime updates. Some have got it free as a special offer and those that have paid have gotten it for under $100.00.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »

[/quote

Most Garmins are now coming with 'lifetime' updates......but, upgrades?  For my 660, I got lifetime 'updates' for $50 on eBay.....and they are woefully inadequate, having
5 year old errors. Then there's the HD database. Barne's in Langley, BC shows the correct address...but, takes you almost 20 blocks away. Kelowna Harley .....has you go a block on the wrong side of the highway. They have only been there, and never at the 'wrong' location, for a few years though!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:51:51 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »

I am not going to choose a bike based on GPS updates; It's not like you really need to update every year. I don't. If someone else does; that's cool, just not me. I have gone four years without a update on my car and have never needed it updated. I never updated the GPS disc on my 2007 SE Ultra, as I said before; to each their own, the most import thing is riding and enjoying our Harleys

Also posted in that same thread:

:2vrolijk_21:

I realize it is not necessary to update yearly... my point was I don't feel $150/annually for an update is "inexpensive" when you can get lifetime updates on another gps for less than $100.00. I can't swallow that "Kool-Aid". :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »

Who's maps does the Harley GPS use now?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2013, 07:53:19 PM »

Garmin offers a fixed price for lifetime updates. Some have got it free as a special offer and those that have paid have gotten it for under $100.00.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I got my lifetime updates for free as part of the deal when I bought my RT665 in Dec 2011.  8)  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »

Who's maps does the Harley GPS use now?
Good question... Would be nice to know who is making the GPS for Harley now too.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »

Good question... Would be nice to know who is making the GPS for Harley now too.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I think that Garmin is the best GPS you can reasonably expect to buy... I have had about 5 of them over the years, and they have never taken me to the wrong location... unlike Apple Maps!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »

I think that Garmin is the best GPS you can reasonably expect to buy... I have had about 5 of them over the years, and they have never taken me to the wrong location... unlike Apple Maps!

Ken
Garmin seems to neglect Canada......the most common problem I have seen is the GPS telling me to turn left when there is a concrete barricade, a fence, and meridian in the way....can't count the number of time I've had to go right and hang a u-turn  to get going in the proper
direction.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »

Ken
Agreed... have only owned one but Garmin's are well known and respected in the industry. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

dlbrearley

• 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »

The salesman  I deal with said I would take a 4-5k hit off the list price of my 13. He also said I should wait because they've  had a few problems with the anti-freeze coming out the over flow on the 14's

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 12:26:16 AM »

I've been in the sales game for 30 years now. I love it when somebody asks how much my old stuff is worth.

In a negotiation NEVER show your hand or show weakness!  PERIOD!

When you start the conversation not knowing the values in the game you are a dead man walking.
are you saying never ask a question you don't already know the answer to? :2vrolijk_21:

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2013, 09:07:06 AM »

Trading in a Bike is really pretty simple. Book your bike out on one or two of the valuation sites. Go to eBay and see what people are asking for their bikes; those that are close to what you have. Check other sites including dealer sites to see what they are asking for similar bikes. The last and I think most important step is truthfully asking yourself what you or others would really pay for a bike like the one you own. Ask yourself if it makes sense to pay the price you have in mind vs. what someone would pay for a new one with model year updates. Remember, the dealer has no reason to take your trade and risk capital unless they have a pretty certain chance of a return. Once you have sorted all this information out, come up with a price range you think is fair and you can live with.

For me; I let the person I have been dealing with for a long time at the dealership know that I would love to own the new XXXXX but really don't feel like its something I must have (that is really the truth), just would like to own if the cost makes sense. I ask for the difference; what will I need to pay along with my trade-in to make the deal happen. I let him know again that if the number makes sense I will proceed, if not, no problem.

Most of the time I have been given numbers that made sense. First; they know that I am serious and will make the deal if they give me numbers that I like and second, they know I will walk with a handshake if they don't. These are cash numbers not payments. Even if you are going to finance, never work with payment numbers, work with cash numbers first.

I never expect the dealer to pay me more for my bike than I think they can pay and make a profit. I figure that it cost me between $1,000 and $2,500 to trade my bike vs. selling on my own. I think its worth the hassle and chance that I might actually come out negative. Remember the dealer has the added incentive of selling a new bike to factor into the deal. This give them added incentive to step-up.

IMHO, Scott

cooterbrown

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob CVO
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »

I received a call today from the dealer in San Diego who has a red 2013 Ultra CVO new - he said they were discounting it 9,500 off MSRP w/ no freight or prep charges - this should give you some idea what the dealers are doing with 13's as the 14's are very popular.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 20 queries.