Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!  (Read 70784 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2007, 09:48:09 PM »

Howie,
Haven't been able to catch up with the forum until the last couple of days - what a piece of work NYCHD sounds  like.  Really a PIA.  Hope all works out with the new dealer. 
Tony

Thanks Tony. So far I'm liking what's happening. They are very responsive, listen to me, and are doing what I ask them to. They have their best engine guy on it. I feel pretty good about it so far.

Today's update!

GOOD NEWS!!! .0025!!!!! :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno:

He was going to start on Wed, when I can be there, but got started today. First thing he did was pull the cam chest and measure pinion runout. Then he called to tell me he got started early and I have nothing to worry about (for now ::) ). He also knows I wanted to see it, and maybe take some pics. So he's leaving everything setup for me to see first thing Wed morning (he's off Tues). This was at about 4:30. He was going to start takiing things off and start removing the Top End. I'm meeting him on Wed morning and going thru everything with him. He's really into this build and I can't ask for more, especially from a dealer. It's just the beginning, but I have every reason to be optimistic so far! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »

Thanks Tony. So far I'm liking what's happening. They are very responsive, listen to me, and are doing what I ask them to. They have their best engine guy on it. I feel pretty good about it so far.

Today's update!

GOOD NEWS!!! .0025!!!!! :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno:

He was going to start on Wed, when I can be there, but got started today. First thing he did was pull the cam chest and measure pinion runout. Then he called to tell me he got started early and I have nothing to worry about (for now ::) ). He also knows I wanted to see it, and maybe take some pics. So he's leaving everything setup for me to see first thing Wed morning (he's off Tues). This was at about 4:30. He was going to start takiing things off and start removing the Top End. I'm meeting him on Wed morning and going thru everything with him. He's really into this build and I can't ask for more, especially from a dealer. It's just the beginning, but I have every reason to be optimistic so far! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Great news to begin with, Howie.   :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2007, 07:39:13 AM »

Whew! 

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2007, 11:13:45 AM »

I left at 9 to go see my bike. We are in the middle of a total deluge right now. Took me 45 minutes to circle the neighborhood, trying to find a way onto the highway to get over the bridge. All the main highways are closed. All the entrance ramps are blocked off. We rarely get rain like this. It figure it's on the day I was supposed to confirm my runout. The tech can't get in either though. He has to cross the same bridge.

The tech just arrived and called. When he loosened the rear head bolts oil started pouring out of the base. Bad rear cylinder. Man, Hoist ain't as dumb as he looks! He's using the spare set I brought with me and will order the replacement pistons and cylinders under w.....ty! I'll return them when they arrive, but my job proceeds without a hiccup. New pistons and cylinders, front and rear. Everything else is looking OK. I'm going to attempt to get up there again. I'll catch you guys later! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2007, 02:51:34 PM »

Today's update.

Just got back from meeting with the Engine Guru Tech at the dealer, who's doing my motor. First I have to say this place has been fantastic so far! They let me go back and talk and hang out with the Tech as if I work there. We went over my crank runout and I took pics of that. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14831.msg240202#msg240202 Then he showed me how F'd up the head gaskets were. Both cylinders leak oil thru the gasket layers, and into the combustion chamber. Essentially I was burning oil. And the rear cylinder was warped and oil poured out when he released the head bolts! :nixweiss: Time to order new pistons and cylinders. Oh , but Hoist went and bought them himself so he'd have all the parts when the job started! ;) Now they'll order new pistons and cylinders and give them to me so I can return them for credit! ::) A little forward thinking and planning was all that was required here!

Cam chest is dissembled and is being put back together with a new Feuling Camplate and relief spring, Feuling Oil Pump and Feuling Hardware to reassemble everything with. New cams and all new bearings too. New pistons and cylinders, a little head tweaking, .030 Cometic Head Gaskets, SE Roller Rockers, SE Forged Rocker Supports, S&S pushrods and PR Covers and Performance Lifters will be used. Rocker Boxes needed clearancing, as I heard them "plinking". We saw where they were hitting. They need to be clearanced for the Roller Rockers anyway. The Doherty MystFree breathers will also be used as well as drilling a larger drain hole. A larger HPI Throttle Body with new 4.89 injectors will be utilized.

He does not recommend the use of the SE High Tensile Cylinder Studs and gave them back to me. Be very careful if you use these, as the have no shoulder on them, and could damage your cases.

All in all, this Dealer's Service Dept, and this Tech in particular, has got their chit together. This guy is psyched about doing my Hot Rod Top End, and is going out of his way to take his time, and do everything properly. He is not rushing this build out the door. It should be ready sometime on Fri. I left there feeling really good about this build.

By the time I'm done with this bike by August, I think it will be an '07A SERK3! :D

Well kids, that's it for today's lesson. Stay tuned for futher developments and breaking news! ;D

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 03:17:33 PM by Hoist »

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »

Allright Howie sounds good man. Can't wait to hear how she runs on Friday Bro, I'll keep tuned. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »

Allright Howie sounds good man. Can't wait to hear how she runs on Friday Bro, I'll keep tuned. Later,Q

We won't quite know on Fri how it runs. I'm only having them heat cycle the engine a couple of times to seat the rings. My tuner's picking it up and bringing it up to his shop. He'll create a low RPM custom map for me to get some break-in miles on, before doing the complete WOT tune. I'm doing this 100% the right way, not HD's way. This will be the motor Harley wished they built! ;) Hoist! 8)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2007, 04:03:45 PM »

We won't quite know on Fri how it runs. I'm only having them heat cycle the engine a couple of times to seat the rings. My tuner's picking it up and bringing it up to his shop. He'll create a low RPM custom map for me to get some break-in miles on, before doing the complete WOT tune. I'm doing this 100% the right way, not HD's way. This will be the motor Harley wished they built! ;) Hoist! 8)
Thats right you told me you were possibly going to trailer it to the dyno,my bad. I'm a little burnt sometimes.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2007, 04:05:39 PM »

You smart man, Hoist. Great call on the cylinders and pistons. The average man would be bitching at this point, waiting for the replacements to arrive. BTW, you want to be my project manager for the SoKool SERK?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2007, 05:22:22 PM »

SoKool,

I can't wait to see Howie's response to your offer.

Sure hope you have DEEP POCKETS and a SPA to send the misses to.   Howie neglected to tell you how much SPA time Binx has rung up on this deal hehe.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2007, 05:23:49 PM »

SoKool,

Sure hope you have DEEP POCKETS and a SPA to send the misses to.   Howie neglected to tell you how much SPA time Binx has rung up on this deal hehe.
I don't think I could argue with this one.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2007, 05:28:51 PM »

You smart man, Hoist. Great call on the cylinders and pistons. The average man would be bitching at this point, waiting for the replacements to arrive. BTW, you want to be my project manager for the SoKool SERK?

Great idea guys! :bulb: I be the PM and my fee will be your wife's and Binx's Spa tabs! ::) Hoist! 8)

SoKool,

Sure hope you have DEEP POCKETS and a SPA to send the misses to.   Howie neglected to tell you how much SPA time Binx has rung up on this deal hehe.

Harry, you starting trouble again? :P

Hoist! 8)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2007, 05:34:58 PM »

Howie,

Start trouble me ???  never !  Ok so maybe I was stirring a little bit, but it was for Binx ya gotta know that.   I feel while the ride might be safer, smoother and faster that she really has been left out on this one and that you need to step up and take care of her heeh.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »

Hey,
 Whatever works man.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »

Good luck, Howie! Ending up with a sweet-running bike will make you forget all this mess. :)
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.